Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 6:11 PM Last edited by MintFinch : 6th Apr 2021 at 7:03 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 UC - Photos not saving, empty photo album
Hey it’s me again! More struggles, whee!

So, I started playing a new CAS family yesterday. As I do, I take plenty of screenshots with the in-game camera. I also use the “take picture” sim action as well.

The thing is—when I go into the in-game photo album, there is nothing there. Whatsoever. Entirely blank, doesn’t even have the default CAS photos that typically show up.

I check the Storytelling folders (the main one and the one for the specific neighborhood) to no avail. The photos of all the premade families that ship with the game are all there, though.

What is going on??? D: I suppose I can always take screenshots another way, but I like using the in-game camera. Regardless of that, it’s worrisome that these things aren’t saving. Eek.

I do have a few global mods and custom content, but they never seemed to cause this problem beforehand on my old install of the game.

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 8:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Apr 2021 at 1:56 AM.
Is it a new install? Have you on this particular install been able to take pictures and gotten them to save properly before? If not and it is a new install, it could have some bugs.

Have you tried doing "fix game" at Origin? (Remember you'll have to fix any files in the ProgramFiles location you've edited after doing this - such as GraphicRules and 4GB, etc., because these will be reset, and you may want to do a backup of your saved game just in case - I don't think "fix game" deletes it, but can't be too sure with Origin...).

---

You're sure you are checking in the Documents location (and not in the ProgramFiles location)? Just to get that one out of the way.

Could be the files are saving in the wrong location, or not saving at all. Do you have problems with other things not saving properly ingame?

---

If you get game issues, it's always a good idea to try other things before a fresh install, because for some reason things like this have a tendency to happen on the second or third run of installing. Usually you can get things to run fine eventually, though. If your game is working fine without any issues (before any problems crop up), then reinstalls tend to be for change of computers or change/reinstall of an OS. In most other instances problems are fixable in other ways.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 9:00 PM
It is indeed a fresh install, photos haven’t saved since I started the game up for the first time. I’ll try fix game since I haven’t done that yet.

I am absolutely sure of that Everything else is saving properly, like families and lots and stuff.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 11:05 PM
I know you say this is the same setup that worked on your old computer, but - something this weird is almost always a mod conflict, so don't let that stop you from testing without your mod folder, in a different neighborhood, etc. I know it's strange, but different mods can work differently on different computers, and it's really hard to make sense of.

Like most troubleshooting advice, this is just spitballing, but - are you using the little camera icon, or hitting the "C" key? Because if you're hitting the "C" key, maybe something (cat walking across the keyboard, phase of the moon, whatever) caused the computer to semi-randomly change hotkeys on you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:32 PM
This reminds me of an issue I had last year. If you know how to Force Error, do that and if the stack trace doesn't save, it may be the same issue I had. Stack traces didn't save and new screenshots taken with the in-game camera wouldn't work. Try if the method I used to fix my problem works for you, too.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 2:23 AM
I just came back to report that neighborhood storytelling images didn’t show up either only to find CrystalFlame’s reply—same exact issue. Sure enough, the fix for you worked for me! Thank you so so much ;0;!!