Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 8:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Dormies moving into apartments
I have the ultimate collection. I am playing with a few mods, the relevant ones I believe are the various no regen mods and CJ-TownieApartmentResidents.

I just moved a couple into an apartment in my downtown, and the vacant apartments are being populated by my dormies (who were the bin uni students, turned into dormies with the sim blender). They also live in my dorms at the same time. What is causing this and how do I prevent it?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 8:43 PM
Hmm. I haven't had this happen, not that I know of anyway.

Get the batbox (FFS Debugger) and select "Fix ... Bad apartment residencies" and see if that does anything. Also, you could get TwoJeff's Visitor Controller and ban dormies until all the apartments are full.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Inventor
#3 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 8:49 PM
I believe it's the CJ-TownieApartmentResidents that's doing it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 8:56 PM
Do you think it's because I don't have enough townies to populate the apartment? I figured the game would make some, like it did for my other apartment building (but before I had dormies) but maybe it isn't because of the dormies being available.
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 4:38 PM
Did you try taking the various regen mods out and trying if it works with CJ's mod alone?
I've had some trouble with those on a few occasions when I had mods that change something about who moves in where/how.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
I believe it's the CJ-TownieApartmentResidents that's doing it.

Well never! lol

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Inventor
#7 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellusion
Do you think it's because I don't have enough townies to populate the apartment? I figured the game would make some, like it did for my other apartment building (but before I had dormies) but maybe it isn't because of the dormies being available.

It's possible. I had nearly the same thing happen in one of my hoods. The game was happy enough to use townies in my apartments, but once I added the Uni sub-hoods I suddenly had dormies everywhere The selection is random and from the whole list of available townies/dormies, as I understand it. In my case my dormie population was substantial enough for their inclusion to be noticeable.

Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Well never! lol

Buh..? XD
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
It's possible. I had nearly the same thing happen in one of my hoods. The game was happy enough to use townies in my apartments, but once I added the Uni sub-hoods I suddenly had dormies everywhere

I've also had the same issue and I created dormies before I created townies, so it isn't the order of creation that is an issue. I guess there must therefore be a conflict with the dormie mods. I'll have to try removing those mods and hopefully the game won't spawn dormies and hopefully they won't appear in my apartments