Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 1:24 AM
Does anybody remember a Sims 1 "alien baby"?
I remember seeing something like that on TheSims.com in the very early 2000s. I can't recall whether it was a download or just an ad of some kind. I'm pretty sure it was gray instead of green.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 9:11 PM
I don't recall anything like that, but then, I didn't visit TheSims.com that much. I do know for a fact that there was someone who made baby skins for pets, so they would look like toddlers moving around the house. I also have seen several custom cribs with babys of different snd more elaborate skins, like the ones on Woobsha. Maybe that helps the search!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 3:07 AM
I tried the Wayback Machine but I just don't know what I'm thinking of.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 5:01 PM
Default Found it!
Minor necro, but I found the download last night and hopefully Neverwinter sees this! The link was removed from the Livin' Large homepage after December 2001, but thankfully the Wayback Machine had a copy of the .exe.

Enjoy!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Alien_Baby_Livin_Large.zip (1.09 MB, 107 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 10:15 PM Last edited by ed95 : 22nd Jan 2020 at 11:48 PM.
Ohh! So you found it! This is pretty interesting, I'll check it out! The original developers of The SIms are Maxis had the most insane and awesome ideas XD. Thank you so much!

EDIT: So, yeah, I downloaded it... but I don't actually seem to find it, or know what it does. Thoughts? I'll keep on searching anyway.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 9:32 AM
https://archive.org/details/thesims_201908

It is in this download I think, there is an Alien Baby file along with some other older sims cc.

EDIT - oops you already found it. Sorry
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
Ohh! So you found it! This is pretty interesting, I'll check it out! The original developers of The SIms are Maxis had the most insane and awesome ideas XD. Thank you so much!

EDIT: So, yeah, I downloaded it... but I don't actually seem to find it, or know what it does. Thoughts? I'll keep on searching anyway.

They appear to be some rather creepy alien-esque child sim skins.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd May 2021 at 5:01 AM
I don't have The Sims 1 installed, so I can't take a look at this in game. But glad to know my memory was real.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd May 2021 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TTR
They appear to be some rather creepy alien-esque child sim skins.

Good lord!! Thanks for taking the hassle. I hadn't seen your answer!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 11:04 PM Last edited by Neverwinter_Knight77 : 3rd Jan 2022 at 4:00 AM.
I guess I forgot, because I went looking for it again today. lol Still almost nothing on Google images or YouTube. This thing is crazily obscure! But that's gotta be the banner ad (LeniPlumbobs) I saw back in the old days!

Anyway, today I found this.