Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 1:24 AM
How to Make A Thirst Motive|Need? Answers Please!
Hey, I made a Post similar to this before, but this time I'm not Modifying some other persons Mod, I wanted to make my own Thirst Motive|Need Mod! Is it possible to make Custom Motives|Needs? I never seen it before, so I was just wondering? Also, if I can't do this, does anyone know how I can make my own "Dehydration System" like the one from the Slice of Life Mod by KawaiiStacie? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 5:28 AM Last edited by MizoreYukii : 9th Apr 2021 at 1:44 AM.
You can, but you can't add them to the needs panel without heavily editing the UI (it's not worth adding it there). Custom needs/motives are called a statistic, specifically commodity, in the game files, but it's not really something I recommend jumping in to straightaway for a beginner because they are one of the most confusing files to edit when you are still learning (saying this from my previous experience). But to get you started I'll link some resources down below, as well as a two-part tutorial series on commodities (didn't exist when I did mine, lol). EA already has a thirst motive btw (called commodity_Motive_Thirst), you can make your life a lot easier by editing theirs and improving the related files to do what you want, it will skip having to inject the new need on to sims.

Intro to Commodities Part 1 and Part 2:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/tutorial-45314131
https://www.patreon.com/posts/tutorial-2-45353969

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 10:09 PM
Thanks, MizoreYukii! This helps me a lot! Didn't think anyone would reply, lol, but thanks for the help! There's so much to go through but i'll manage! I love your Mods and Zero's hopefully I got this!