Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 4:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Uninstal sims 2 package files
Hey guys

So I installed a few downloaded lots in my game and since then when I open the game and open any lot I have a loading screen that is just taking forever and not opening the lot...

So since the downloaded lots come as packaged files which I installed with the package installer I'm not sure how to uninstal them with all of the custom content that's on them.. I think this will solve the problem as it only started when I installed these lots. Should I just delete the packaged file from the downloaded folder and that's it?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 4:09 AM
First try deleting your groups.cache file. One of the symptoms of a corrupted groups.cache file is a neverending load screen. The file is updated whenever you add new CC and will be rebuilt as needed. It's an easy and painless thing to try.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
First try deleting your groups.cache file. One of the symptoms of a corrupted groups.cache file is a neverending load screen. The file is updated whenever you add new CC and will be rebuilt as needed. It's an easy and painless thing to try.

I tried but nothing... Still the loading screen when I open the lot, any lot and it's just that way forever x(
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 4:42 AM
Did you install the lots with clean installer, or with the installer that came with the game?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:57 AM
Also it is probably the custom content, not the lots causing the issue. The CC is in your download folder. To get rid of the lots simply delete them from the lot bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Also it is probably the custom content, not the lots causing the issue. The CC is in your download folder. To get rid of the lots simply delete them from the lot bin.

I have deleted all of these new lots and the new cc that was on them but still I have this loading screen when I open the lot and it just stays forever that way loading and loading and it's driving me crazy!

Anyone knows how to fix this?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 5:37 PM
@Matt_Y -I would try deleting both accessory>cache and groups.cache files as I usually just delete both when installing or uninstalling CC.I also do it if it's not been done for a while and I've loaded my game a lot.I've had newly installed CC crash my game and it was a package file and I knew what the culprit was and was able to remove it and my game loaded fine after that file was removed.It can be harder to deal with Sims 2 Pack content like a lot with CC on it as that can sneal into your game and Clean Installer lets you choose installing with or without CC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@Matt_Y -I would try deleting both accessory>cache and groups.cache files as I usually just delete both when installing or uninstalling CC.I also do it if it's not been done for a while and I've loaded my game a lot.I've had newly installed CC crash my game and it was a package file and I knew what the culprit was and was able to remove it and my game loaded fine after that file was removed.It can be harder to deal with Sims 2 Pack content like a lot with CC on it as that can sneal into your game and Clean Installer lets you choose installing with or without CC.

Hey! Yeah I'm always deleting the accessory cache and groups cache from time to time, but it was not it. I have actually missed to delete a few of the new cc files. I have arranged the downloaded content by date and I immediately saw I had forgotten 4 or 5 files. Once I deleted those, life was good again :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 12:01 AM
Best to install lot cc either by going and downloading it from the original creator or install it into a folder. If there is an issue you can simply remove the folder.
Do not install a lot minus any custom terrain paint or the entire lot may flash blue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~