Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 12:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Uninstalling and installing expansion packs in Super Collection
Hello!
I've just recently installed The Sims 2 Super Collection on my iMac, and I'd like to play it without expansion/stuff packs that are included, first. How do I do that without uninstalling the game itself? And what about installing the expansion packs back when I'm ready to play them? Thank You so much.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 2:50 PM
I don't think there is an option to disable or uninstall packs in The Sims 2 Super Collection.
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 4:17 PM
yes, as @mate24 said, it's "all or nothing" kind of deal.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 4:43 PM
Yeah, the only way I know to do this is with the Any Game Starter, but I'm not sure if that works for macs, or for the Super Collection, as that's a bit newer.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Yeah, the only way I know to do this is with the Any Game Starter, but I'm not sure if that works for macs, or for the Super Collection, as that's a bit newer.

AnyGameStarter is Windows only, as it relies on modifying the Windows registry to hide or show which EPs and SPs are “installed”.

As others have said, Sims 2 Super Collection doesn’t have the ability to be selective. You can certainly hide stealth hoods that came with specific EPs, but you’ll get the game engine for the combination of EPs it includes. There’s no ability to switch off seasons or pets, or anything like that.