Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 9:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE - CANNOT use it
I don't know if this is the right forum, forgive me if it's not. I've never been able to use SimPE for anything successfully, except once I altered the ages of my sims using a Youtube tutorial. Anything else does not seem to ever work.

Now I'm trying to use this tutorial to edit OBJD files and the steps just don't make sense. For example, there is no ‘Catalog Sort’ tab anywhere to be found.

Yes, I've read the "Ground Up" and "Technically Challenged" tutorials. I've tried to follow other tutorials on the web. Every time I launch SimPE, it looks nothing like what it's supposed to and the tabs I'm supposed to click to follow instructions don't even exist. I have version .075, which I suppose is the latest version.

Are there any tutorials out there that make sense? Or anyone else have these kind of problems SimPE? I want to be able to use it, sounds like it's pretty amazing, but I've been playing this game over 10 years and almost never use SimPE b/c I just can't figure out how to use it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 10:32 PM
There's no catalogue description because you didn't open an object, you just opened the program. If you made an object during that tutorial, while you're in SimPE, click file, then open and navigate to the object that you saved.
Alchemist
#3 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 10:48 PM
Agree with omglo. Your SimPE layout looks pretty standard and normal to me. Just know that options and tabs appear based on what you have open and what tab you are on.

I have often seen some simmers who are completely new to SimPE get confused; here are some tips I wrote up once. Let me know if it helps:

Try opening up a cc object and see if you get all the same headings and panes. Otherwise, is there something specific that you are trying to do? Let us know and we can help you out.
Screenshots

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 8:43 PM
I realized what I had done after I posted. I came back to delete my post but your comments are helpful, so I'll leave it up for anyone else as dumb in SimPE as I am, lol. I had loaded the object, but was not selecting the right folder in order in the resource tree to view the catalogues below....Anyway, I often have problems navigating this program, so any help appreciated. Thanks.
Alchemist
#5 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 12:18 AM
No problem and @sobenna_kahill, don't feel silly! Many have made the same mistake.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her