Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 11:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default HoodChecker "User File Warning--Sim has no Character File" - TemplatePerson
Hi everyone

I have a question about a certain TemplatePerson Sim that has recently showed up in my neighbourhood. I found a thread here: https://modthesims.info/archive/index.php/t-602515.html, where someone has the exact same sim with the same ID show up too.

Besides the alert in HoodChecker - Sim has no Character file: 0x046C SimID=0x7FD96B54 and upon searching for it in SimPE -

Object Data guid: 0x7FD96B54] TemplatePerson (0x0080) (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package ,

none of the other conditions described by the poster are same to mine - I did not install or start playing a new lot. I did use Pescado's BatBox to fix bad apartment residencies during the session after which I got the error (I use HoodChecker after every session as I don't play often) and it did fix a number of things, none of which I managed to read properly as the notifications didn't hang around for long. I do have a backup so I will try to test what caused it, I am curious though... Any ideas of what this TemplatePerson is?

Also, is it true that if you have ever deleted a sim, albeit the "correct" way, you have to rename the character files so that they are in order - no gaps in numbers because otherwise it "confuses the game" when it creates new characters?

Thank you!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  nocharacterfilehoodchecker.txt (261 Bytes, 9 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UnfocusedBunny
Hi everyone

I have a question about a certain TemplatePerson Sim that has recently showed up in my neighbourhood. I found a thread here: https://modthesims.info/archive/index.php/t-602515.html, where someone has the exact same sim with the same ID show up too.

Besides the alert in HoodChecker - Sim has no Character file: 0x046C SimID=0x7FD96B54 and upon searching for it in SimPE -

Object Data guid: 0x7FD96B54] TemplatePerson (0x0080) (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package ,

none of the other conditions described by the poster are same to mine - I did not install or start playing a new lot. I did use Pescado's BatBox to fix bad apartment residencies during the session after which I got the error (I use HoodChecker after every session as I don't play often) and it did fix a number of things, none of which I managed to read properly as the notifications didn't hang around for long. I do have a backup so I will try to test what caused it, I am curious though... Any ideas of what this TemplatePerson is?

Also, is it true that if you have ever deleted a sim, albeit the "correct" way, you have to rename the character files so that they are in order - no gaps in numbers because otherwise it "confuses the game" when it creates new characters?

Thank you!

Did you ever find the issue? Having this pop up in my new hood. Thanks