Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 12:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mod Still Works Even Though Its Removed
Whats up? I installed a mod for my game that makes my sims fight regardless of relationship levels. But when I removed it, The mod still works, even though I deleted it out of my downloads folder. (They continue to fight) and some of my other mods stopped working too. I wonder what the problem is? Could there be a behavior mod conflicting? I'd appreciate the help.

Here's the Mod I downloaded:
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=651160
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 12:33 AM
First, check if you really got rid of the mod. Perhaps you accidentally installed a second copy, maybe it's hiding somewhere else in your folder, etc.

Second, fighting isn't necessarily mod behavior. If you saved the game after using the mod, and sims' relationship levels are now low enough, then your sims will fight on their own. Also, grouchy sims generally like to be mean and pick fights. So if you're sure the mod is gone, check your sims' relationship levels and personality.

Finally, it's hard to troubleshoot why other mods would stop working, especially since you don't name any of them. A mod could stop working for a variety of reasons. So what exactly are the things that aren't working anymore?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 1:30 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 12th Mar 2021 at 1:57 AM.
I do recommend temporarily use no autonomous bad socials until all fury is gone, then you can decide if you want delete this mod or not.
Sometimes it happens that mod stops working by unknown reason. In this case I will usually take this mod out of all folders in Downloads and set it load last by renaming ( adding z or y before mod name).
HCDU helps in that case. If there is conflict listed between mods, the second mod in conflict is the one what loads last and works.

ETA: No autonomous bad socials should work with said mod, so you can use it as intended and just direct sim to be mean and fight and they will not do it by their own. I haven't tested this combination though.
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 6:51 PM
Did you delete your cache files? Should do that everytime you delete or add a new mod or cc