Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 1:25 PM
Default Problem editing Sims 3 Store skirt
Hi, all. I've been trying to edit a store skirt with leg warmers for a few days now by removing the leggings. Everything looks fine in TSRW but when in game, the leggins part look weird, like sheer pantyhose with pieces missing. What am I doing wrong?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 3:44 PM
I can't see very well, but it looks like that the diffuse (multiplier) and the specular still have something there. Could you share more detailed images of those?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 19th Mar 2021 at 9:09 PM.
Hope these are better.

Edit: The darker grey area - or at least part of it - next to the belt in the right corner controls the underside of the skirt. EA has the longer leg warmer going slightly over the skirt in the specular for some reason but I'm not sure if that's the cause or not.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 3:02 PM
In theory, these look fine.

But looking at the TSRW images again, I noticed that you have a 4-channel mask. Did you edit the mask? It should be a 3-channel one now, since the leggins are gone. Could the mask be the culprit here?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 1:43 AM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 21st Mar 2021 at 11:46 AM.
Okay, so I changed it to 3 channels but it made no difference. I did lose the option to recolor the belt, though. I guess that is why I didn't change it before.

This project has given me troubles from the start and I'm not that good with clothing, either. After the first save the whole outfit turned into this one single fleshy color and the multiplier + the others had turned black. I copied all back from the original skirt but this one problem still remains. I've tried going back to the original skirt but it always crashes the TSRW after saving and when I load the saved project, it has turned all fleshy color again.