Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 8:26 PM Last edited by Kwohld89 : 6th Apr 2021 at 8:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Unable to click on new housemate
My teenage Sim just asked her teen boyfriend to move in with her before they go to college. I ask him to move in, he does, and then I find that his icon is unclickable. I can't have him do anything, only have my Sims interact with him. When I click his icon picture, nothing happens. My other 2 Sims are fine. I tried resetting all my Sims, evicting my household and his former household out of their homes, moved them back in, and this did not fix the issue. What also didn't work was resetting Sims and moving each family to different houses. Moving to a new town after Sim reset wasn't any help, either. I have deleted the cache files and other junk files in my EA folder. I included my mods in the below link.

Does anyone have any tips? Thank you!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1im...iew?usp=sharing
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 8:31 PM
Did you invite them to move on or invite as roommate. The roommate option makes them unselectable
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Is that even possible? Teens can ask teens to move in? Did you use some sort of mod to do this? If so the mod is the problem.

One possible solution is using NRAAS MC with cheat integration and "make sim selectable" on the unselectable sim.

The only other time I've seen similar issues is when the sim you just added to your household somehow got the "death flag" accidentally. Edit the sim in "edit in CAS" cheat and see if the occult icon is on a ghost, click on human will fix it. I actually just had this issue a couple days ago with 1 sim.

Hi Nitromon,
I have Master Controller but haven't used it that extensively. How do I make the Sim selectable?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 1:46 AM
You will need the Mastercontroller 'Cheats' addon. This is from memory, so I hope this is correct.
Click on City Hall and select "Sim"
Then "advanced"
Then "selectability"

That should be when it asks who you want (I would sort the list by 'age' then 'teen').
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th May 2021 at 9:18 AM
MasterController isn't showing up on my Sims' options menu for some reason. And now I'm having another problem as well. Rather than start a new thread, I'll just paste this from a thread I started somewhere else:
I recently had an issue with my Graphics Card, so I had to fix the issue and whatever I did deleted my game, so I started a new one. I created a teenager and her father, moved them into an empty lot (to give them more money to start with), edited their home the way I liked it, and moved them in. Right when the game started at 8:00 AM, I deleted her father and used the cell phone to have 2 roommates move in. I edited them a bit (changed their outfits, hair, and traits). Now, about 2 Sim hours into the game, I immediately saved the game, and now I can't click on several items in the home, or one of the neighbor Sims, or some community lots.

I also noticed at the same time that when I click on the Sims I can click on, that the NRAAS MasterController option doesn't show up in the action menu. I looked in my Mods folder and MasterController, Errortrap, and all my other Mods ARE in the Packages folder. Nothing looks unchanged.

Can someone please help me out here??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2021 at 10:17 AM
I figured out the problem, I think (with the mods folder at least). I had 2 EA folders on my desktop, one in My Documents and one in This PC--> Local Disc (C. The one in My Documents was missing the Mods folder, so I moved the Mods folder in my C drive-->EA over into the EA Folder in my Documents. Also the method I used for deleting my father was using "testingcheatsenabled true" then I hit shift and the delete option came up.

Somehow when I moved the folder over to My Documents, my worlds were deleted so I downloaded them again (all are located on the Sims 3 Store site) but they are not showing up in my Installed Worlds folder. Sure enough, I opened the game and my purchased worlds aren't showing up on the menu.