Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 6:32 PM
Sims2Pack Clean Installer showing absolutely nothing when trying to download!
In all the time I have been using this software, I have never had a problem until yesterday. I go to download things and the package downloads, opens, then when the program opens, there's nothing at all listed. At first I thought it was just a fluke, that maybe I downloaded a bad attachment or something, but then anything that wasn't a .rar file, it wouldn't work. I was downloading from Serenity Sims and VitaSims, so no strange characters or anything usually. Here's a screenshot:

What do we think? Help!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 12:37 AM
Are these Sims2Packs still in a RAR, or have you extracted them? What is the filesize of the Sims2packs?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 2:36 AM
No this seems to occur more often than not when it's a Sims2Pack file like a lot or something to that effect. If the files are in a .rar like wallpapers or floors where each file is an individual S2P file, those one by one will work as far as I know. I was trying to download a recolor on the MTS2 downloads and that's when I noticed the problem the first time. I thought at first it was a Firefox issue, so I opened up IE, and the same thing happened. I don't know the exact size of the numerous files I've attempted, but they are mostly sets and lots.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 12:14 PM
You can't just "Open" files from a browser with S2PCI unless those files are actually Sims2Pack files on the website itself. Most files on sites are rars or zips which you cannot open directly.

Save the files to disk first (on your desktop is fine), then extract them, then open up the extracted sims2pack files in S2PCI.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
You can't just "Open" files from a browser with S2PCI unless those files are actually Sims2Pack files on the website itself. Most files on sites are rars or zips which you cannot open directly.

Save the files to disk first (on your desktop is fine), then extract them, then open up the extracted sims2pack files in S2PCI.

Yeah that didn't work either. I don't know what has happened to make this continue. I can't download anything else for my game unless it's packaged in a .zip and even then only if they are files in there. Anything that is a Sims2Pack file I can pretty much forget about. I've uninstalling it and reinstalling it a thousand times (ok about 10) and that doesn't do it. I've just continued doing it how I always have. Downloading it to the folder via Firefox and it just always installed, no question. Why now all of a sudden? I have paid subscriptions all over the place and can't use them at all. Does anyone have any other ideas at all? Please, please help!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 10:38 AM
Read Downloading for Fracking Idiots. It tells you exactly what to do.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.