Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 7:24 PM
Default New Sim for The Sims 2, Sophia
Meet Sophia, my newest creation well, soon to be. Need some help on her facial appearance or any suggestions. I started building this Sim since summer and I gave it up and tried to move on to something else which was the the creation of a neighborhood that was rejected here then I moved on to creating Sarah and now since that was approved I decided to go back and finish on Sophia.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 7:45 PM
Another pic this time no makeup on. Seems her lips or mouth could need a tune up lol.
Screenshots
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 9:02 PM
Have you tried the Brandi test on this sim? Stand her and Brandi side by side - in the same hair (Brandi's default hair).

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 11:10 PM
She has almost same face like a doll that i had when i was 6 :D
She is cute,but have you tried to put her in a ponytail and work on her facial structure?It might be usable,because you may get something truly unique..just move dat sliders and enjoy creating her
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Have you tried the Brandi test on this sim? Stand her and Brandi side by side - in the same hair (Brandi's default hair).

Yes I have and here's the pic.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon99
She has almost same face like a doll that i had when i was 6 :D
She is cute,but have you tried to put her in a ponytail and work on her facial structure?It might be usable,because you may get something truly unique..just move dat sliders and enjoy creating her

The only ponytails I have are maxis. I tried the hair that Sarah my first Sim had but it didn't do quite well as it never blend in.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 5:12 AM
She looks cute because of the skin and makeups try to put default skin on it and compare again. Preferably with the ponytail.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 5:54 AM
Your Sarah sim is very pretty and a good sculpt. This one looks similar. Maybe you could try and give her a different or exotic look.

Maybe you could try giving her a square jaw or an odd lip shape.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2...kah-d4a1gi0.jpg

My derring-do allows me to dance the rigadoon around you. But by the time I'm close to you, I lose my desideratum.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:22 AM Last edited by leefish : 14th Dec 2013 at 8:28 AM.
The main thing on any sim is the sculpt. If you take the makeup off her and put her in a tied-back hair (the pony tail as already suggested) then you can work on the sculpt of the face. She is pretty similar to Brandi. Try starting with a different facetemplate.

EDIT : Also , yea, I am going to mention it.I did ask you to show the sim in the same hairstyle as Brandi; its a base game hair - and you didn't. I did ask for that for a reason - namely that you would then see your sim and see that she is too similar. It can very frustrating when I try to help and you only do half of what I ask for

Also, here is a quote from Garden of Shadows: it explains better than I ever could.

Quote:
Generic / Template #1 features: Wide forehead and narrow chin, i.e., heart shape; slightly oversized eyes with no noticeable upturn or downturn; smallish nose with upturned tip; smallish mouth. If your sim has all or most of these features evident, then you need to do some more work. See the image below for some examples of Template #1-type faces from various default sets and Maxis - while a couple of these do deviate from the formula listed, they're not that different. Tilted eyes and/or bigger lips do not make a sim unique.

About Generic Faces: No one is claiming that the Template #1 face is unattractive - it's typically seen as being the most attractive of the Maxis-made faces. Also, no one is denying that it takes time to make a plain vanilla Template #1-type sim look spectacular, but if you didn't touch the facial sculpt, or you merely tweaked it in a minor way (bigger lips, eyes made a bit larger or smaller, etc.) and we can see that through the CC, we're likely going to remove the sim. Most people do use default replacement templates, but replacements tend to be improved versions of the Maxis templates that share their number rather than wildly different sculpts. Just because you have default replacements does not make the sculpt "unique." More likely, your Template #1 replacement is quite recognizable as being a sleeker, prettier relative of the Maxis original.

It doesn't matter which template you actually used; if it looks generic to the mods, it will be removed. Depending on the faces of the parent sims, sims born in-game can indeed have a generic face, so just the fact that a sim was generated by the game doesn't make it unique.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 7:02 AM
The hair kinda shapes the face and that's what make Sophia slightly different with Brandi.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 4:28 PM
Everyone isn't suggesting that you give the finished sim a ponytail, just that you put one on her for working on her, that way the hair isn't "in the way". You can change the hair back after she's done being sculpted. Just thought I'd say that, because I think from your response, you were thinking they wanted her in a ponytail forever
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:04 PM
I did two screenshots with different ponytails, one using the same style as Brandi. In both pics I removed all traces of makeup on Sophia I left Brandi as she is. I also made Brandi's house bigger by expanding the kitchen so all the clutter wouldn't get in the way.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:18 PM Last edited by Scarlet_117 : 14th Dec 2013 at 6:30 PM.
Stand still pose from BV I used in this pic shows something different. I'm planning on using a different skin next time.
Screenshots
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#14 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:48 PM
The differences in skin also fools the eye a lot. When I worked on sims for TS2, I usually just would take out my CC (no defaults, no nothing!) and run Body Shop and twiddle around in there a while with the sliders till I got something that looked interesting - sometimes several sims that looked interesting in a single session of cooking up faces... And then tossed my CC back in and start seeing what I had once I added CC. If you do it that way - start with the sculpt rather than choosing your CC, then you're sure to have an interesting sim underneath all the contouring that makeup and skins provide. It's also quicker to get started in Body Shop while you're tweaking - even for CFF. In-game shots are necessary for upload, and a good idea just periodically as you work anyway, but man it's faster and you can even flip back and forth from a Face 1 sim to your sim and see exactly how different they are. Again, easier CC-free at the start with that too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 9:35 PM
Thanks HP, I'll do that as soon as I can, earlier before I got back online I was messing around her jaw and mouth and accidentally made her lips seem larger than what they used to appear but that's easy to fix. In the new pics you can see I have removed all makeup but it still seems she had, or what it looks like she had was mascara on, I think I need to shrink her eye lashes down a few clicks then it won't look like she got some mascara on. I'm saying the lips are too large and her eyelashes are too thick.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 1:01 AM
I didn't like the last screen I made, her lips were too big, and I fixed her lips and her mouth in this screen. Edit: I deleted the post cause a mistake not adding a screenshot. Also, I put her skin set on maxis skin just to see what will it looked like.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 4:58 AM
Lips look better, but do you consider tweaking more than just lips? Why don't you go wild a bit? Because I'm pretty sure, when you put eyelashes on her, she would definitely look like face one again.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 11:54 AM Last edited by Angelique : 15th Dec 2013 at 12:15 PM.
I agree with Dragonflysparkles, try going outside of your comfort zone. Her nose and eyes are still very Brandi-like.

Why not take some inspiration to get you on to a new pattern.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XlfBZ9DD2...dhtkzo1_500.jpg <- Interesting face layout, nose shape. More compact.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gZxvCHbYj.../gemma-ward.jpg <- Upturned mouth corners with cupid's bow turned inwards.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jJmwG5NJf.../emmyrossum.jpg <- Round, not wide, eyes.
http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs...u-rather_bd.jpg <- Thin, wide, eyes. Triangle-shaped nose.

Especially look at different eye- and nose shapes.

Edit: Oh, and I would look at some different brows and brow shapes Anva's brows are beautiful, but your Sarah is already sporting them and that shape, it can get boring. Remember that this is fashionable nowadays, so don't be scared to do something different with them. Just because it's not Barbie-proportions doesn't mean it's not feminine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 8:06 PM
Sorry I couldn't make back on yesterday we had some severe weather. One county near the county I'm living in had two tornadoes. This morning everything was alright the storm had moved on. A few minutes ago I messed around in Bodyshop, changed her skin to a skin made by by Warlokk then changed the color of her hair to red and messed around with her whole face.
Screenshots
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#20 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 9:59 PM
To me she still looks as though she could be Brandi's sister. Think you need to be working on the sculpt rather than choosing skins and hair colour.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 10:03 PM
I have to say the same thing as karen, she does look like her sister. If I was you I would start with another face template as the base and get right away from face one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 11:42 PM
It looks like the only changes you have made from Brandi is making her nose and mouth significantly smaller. And changed her jawline a bit. I second joandsarah's idea.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Dragonflysparkles : 16th Dec 2013 at 5:10 PM.
A right now I can't tell which one is Brandi or Sophia because they look almost the same.
Changing skintone won't help if you still won't go wild with scuplting.
I third joanandsarah's idea to start from a different face template. And I second Angelique's idea to use different kind of eyebrows. No everyone have perfectly plucked. eyebrows.

Quote: Originally posted by Scarlet_117
I'm saying the lips are too large and her eyelashes are too thick.

Quote: Originally posted by Scarlet_117
I didn't like the last screen I made, her lips were too big, and I fixed her lips and her mouth in this screen.

Big lips is better than face one lips

It's alright if you make a big lips, because lipstick will shade and shape them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 6:20 PM
I decided to restart on the Sim without the use of CC. After reading everyone's suggestions I'm going to choose a face template first. Sculpting is going to be my highest priority then if I see something of interest then I'll mess around and see what comes next..

Please No Requests and do not send requests by PM. Please see rule #5 here for details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135664
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 8:45 PM
Look what I've accomplished messing around in Bodyshop. Every slider was moved carefully. No makeup, no jewelry no CC except for the eyes and eyebrows cause the maxis ones are similar to Brandi's lol. I plan on thickening her eyebrows more though. The ears are smaller too.
Screenshots

Please No Requests and do not send requests by PM. Please see rule #5 here for details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135664
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: locked by request (pls see last post)
Page 1 of 3