Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 1:01 AM
Default Kevin & Randy from DSP
Alight, I honestly would love to upload Kevin and Randy from Deep South Paranormal, but, before I do so; I would really love your feedback and tell me what you think? Do they look close enough and worth uploading? (I'll supply actual photos of Randy and Kevin as well so you'll know what they look like)

Kevin / Body shop / In game:

Randy (He is actually darker kinda like his sim, he is lighter in his real photo because he was standing in the sun surrounded by white marble headstones)

Between the world we see
and the things we fear,
there are doors.
When they are opened,
nightmares become reality.
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 3:09 AM
Right now, they are not quite there. But if you want to keep working on them, I can try to help you get there If you want to keep going, let's pic one to start with. Easier that way
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 4:02 AM
We can start with Randy if that's okay

Between the world we see
and the things we fear,
there are doors.
When they are opened,
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 2:08 PM
Ok. I'm going to assume you are fairly familiar with bodyshop But if you need a better explanation of how to achieve a suggestion, just ask

His face needs to be wider
Eyes smaller and squintier
Nose isn't quite right...I would try making the whole thing bigger by a click or too, and then making the nostril width and height a couple clicks smaller.

If you can try those things, he'll be a lot closer, and then we'll see what can be done from there
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 8:55 PM
How's this? >_< I couldn't remember how to make the face wider all in one so I made his cheeks/forehead wider-ish >_<

Between the world we see
and the things we fear,
there are doors.
When they are opened,
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 10:19 PM
He's looking better. The eyes are much better, but could probably still be one more click smaller and one more squintier Making his jaw wider might help with the face width. Another way to make the face look wider, is to move the whole face up. Not too much or it will look weird, lol. But I bet it could go up at least 3-4 clicks without getting weird. Also if you could keep posting the side by side comp pic for every update that would be wonderful It's hard to see the similarities/differences when scrolling back and forth
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 7:49 PM

Between the world we see
and the things we fear,
there are doors.
When they are opened,
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 8:18 PM
This is the same guy right?

This helps you to see if his features are in the right places. Still looks like the whole face could come up probably two clicks, maybe even three. Then the chin will need to come back down however many clicks up the face goes I think they eyes could use a little adjustment. A click or two to the right on the shape slider, and maybe one click to the left on the rotation slider.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 9:37 PM
After this pic, I did bring his chin and lips down just a tiny bit by one click. anything more made it look funky lol
Screenshots

Between the world we see
and the things we fear,
there are doors.
When they are opened,
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 9:59 PM
Ok, I still think rotate his eyes just one click to the left of the slider. And maybe rotate his eyebrows a little, so the inside is up more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 10:39 PM
Better?
Screenshots

Between the world we see
and the things we fear,
there are doors.
When they are opened,
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 10:52 PM
I think I told you to rotate the eyes the wrong way, lol. Try going back the other way two clicks. My bad And I think the eyebrows could still rotate a bit more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 3:57 PM
This better? Lol

Sorry I keep buggin ya with this
Screenshots

Between the world we see
and the things we fear,
there are doors.
When they are opened,
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#14 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 9:03 PM
Hello,

May I add some comments? Making a sims likeness of a real face is very difficult because of the limitations of the sims modeling options. See pictures for what I am trying to explain.

1: The sims' nose is too narrow in the middle of the bridge. If you drew a line from the edge of the nostrils - following the line of the nose until it curves outwards up to an imaginary point, you will see that the real life person has a dot somewhere on his forehead and your sim has that join dot between the eyes. The sims' nose is too narrow in the center bridge.

2: The mouth is too wide and too full

3: There is too much depth under the eyebrows. The real life person does not have those hollowed out eyeball sockets.

4: The eyebrows are straight across and go downwards at the outside of the eye opening. They do not tilt upwards at all. And you need to find wider, unplucked guy eyebrows for this sim.

I hope this helps. Good luck! It's difficult work but the final results will be worth it. :D
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 8:40 PM
Thank you all for your feedback on this, sadly it will be a while before I can make any more changes. I have a lot of stuff going on IRL at this time. Sorry >_<

Between the world we see
and the things we fear,
there are doors.
When they are opened,