Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 11:04 AM
Default Inigo Montoya
Im trying something new for me and seeing how I go making a sim from scratch, i love Inigo Montoya. This is so far what I have, any feedback would be awesome!
Have a 'real' pic for comparison, some bodyshop pics, and some cas pics. So far the 2 things bothering me the most is the directionof the scars. I cannot find any going in the right direction! Also lack of deep laugh lines/wrinkles.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 12:29 PM
Going by comments I have read here from mods before, they want closer pics, in game. Also a side by side shot of the real person and the sim. So as close as your real shot is of the sim. They are all about the face sculpt here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 8:26 PM
Unfortunatly, I cant get any closer in cas and bodyshop, and you cant use tab to do so either which is annoying. When it comes time to upload I'll take alot better pictures as will set up a lil photoshoot for him. At the moment you can see features etc in the pics that are there and would like some feedback on what I have so far.

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 10:57 PM
I know in the upload you will, but they ask for it here as well. I can't tell without a side by side. I would remove those scars? The nose tip definitely needs to go up and the chin needs to be more pointed but I really can't tell from those shots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 4:12 AM
Thanks Jo will look into the nose tip and chin, not removing scars as yet, since that is really the main part of him with his backstory (if you've seen Princess Bride you'll know :D, should have mentioned before thats where he's from!) unless I find ones more close to his of course then will change it, the only thing wrong with these is they go the wrong way and are a little too long.

Instructor
#6 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 5:51 AM
*awkwardly offers link* These don't match his scars either, but at least they go the other direction and aren't so pronounced.

It really is difficult to judge his likeness. It helps to have photos of the actor from multiple angles with as neutral of an expression as you can find. Front and profile shots feel essential for me to get an accurate impression.

While I can totally understand not feeling like taking fancy pictures in-game, those are the most useful for feedback. Besides that, though, in Body Shop, you can hit F9 on your keyboard to get a full-size shot of your Sim. If you then hit F3, you can control how close you zoom in with your mouse (I think you have to hold down both clicker things). This will provide more screenshots to gauge your work, at least.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepyTabby
*awkwardly offers link* These don't match his scars either, but at least they go the other direction and aren't so pronounced.

It really is difficult to judge his likeness. It helps to have photos of the actor from multiple angles with as neutral of an expression as you can find. Front and profile shots feel essential for me to get an accurate impression.

While I can totally understand not feeling like taking fancy pictures in-game, those are the most useful for feedback. Besides that, though, in Body Shop, you can hit F9 on your keyboard to get a full-size shot of your Sim. If you then hit F3, you can control how close you zoom in with your mouse (I think you have to hold down both clicker things). This will provide more screenshots to gauge your work, at least.

Thankyou sleepy Tabby, those scars are much better! And also thankyou for the tips for bodyshop, I hardly use it so had no idea about the zooming thing!

The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 7:19 AM
Can I comment?
The first pictures are nice I'd advice to make the face a bit wider or take in-game pictures and compare them to the face picture you have. When making a real person you'd try and get his face the close as possible without make up. The make up and hair should come last :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:39 AM
Thankyou Lidiqnata. totally appreciate your input!