Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 6:00 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 10th Nov 2006 at 10:51 AM.
Default How to Package Pets EP Sims without including unwanted custom meshes
How to Package Pets EP Sims without including unwanted custom meshes

It has been verified by several people that Pets Bodyshop has a new behavior not seen in previous versions of bodyshop - custom hair and body meshes are INCLUDED when you package a full sim for sharing (accessories appear to not be included, from my testing).

This is problematic, because most creators do not want their meshes redistributed, and request that users instead link people to their meshes.

There are two ways you can avoid getting unwanted meshes into your sims2packs:

Use Clean Installer to remove the meshes

After your package is made, open the file with Clean Installer. (available here)

Look down the list of content, looking for the MESH files. Uncheck them. Then click 'SAVE AS' and save your package with a NEW name. Make sure you give your package a new name (or you will get an empty package). Then share your cleaned package with the world.

or...

Use Legacy Bodyshop to package your sim

If you make your package with Legacy Bodyshop, the meshes will not be included in the package to begin with.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=201322
(those who want to make their bodyshop items available for all games also use this tool)
Screenshots

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
28 users say thanks for this. (Who?)