Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9601 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 7:40 AM
Every radio in my neighborhood goes:

We are the pretty people
You want to look like us
We are the pretty people
Give it up, give it up, give it up
We are the pretty people
Best of simkind
We are the pretty people
Flawless by design

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9602 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 2:59 AM
I keep finding myself kind of mentally constructing an urban fantasy setting in my head, that could actually use a lot of my buildings... might be time to try actually PLAYING the game again...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9603 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
The base game hair what Andrew wears is available for all ages but the other one "pot hair" has tag of University EP and is available for YA and above http://prntscr.com/sxaze0 Now I wonder if it is possible to make YA hair be available for adults or maybe even for elders if someone makes gray recolor.

Yes, on testing in Body Shop, I see that hair is available for boys aged child to YA, and a teenage boy with that hair keeps it on being aged up to YA. I suppose it could be possible to make a clone of the YA hair and make it available for adults. And, with a grey recolour, make it available for Elders too. But it would obviously better if the Maxis hair could be extended to Adults and Elders, and have it binned so that they seamlessly age up keeping the same style. But, as for myself, I've never even tried to make or clone hair, and I haven't a clue about binning. In fact lots of my downloaded CC hair must be incorrectly binned, because, if I try to generate a random Elder in CAS, they appear with all sorts of colour of hair, and, if I age an Adult up to Elder in CAS, their hair often changes to a different colour than grey. This topic really needs a thread of its own.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I do this too. If two sims in my hood have the same last name, they're related! That's the rule!
Well, of course I always maintain that there are no rules in my game (because my Sims don't like rules), but I generally make them related anyway. Often I make them related using the Sim Manipulator or SimPE, but at other times I just assume a distant relationship. For example Ravi Bertino knows he's distantly related to Toby Bertino the headmaster on his mother's side. (On his father's side he's a Tricou.) But he has absolutely no intention of trying to use that relationship to try to get into Toby's snobby school. "If Andrew's family isn't good enough for his school," he says, "then there's not much chance for me! Anyway Jack [Ravi's boyfriend -- AG] tells me that we're 'students at the University of Life', so I don't need to go to school."

Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
AndrewGloria, with all respect I suggest you raid your mom's stuff and see if she's got some hair bands or something you can use to pull your hair back. Long hair may not be your thing, but unless she's got some experience cutting hair, the chances of bad results are quite high.

Of course, I do think long hair can look quite dignified if well cared for on a man.

Actually long hair is my thing, just not quite as long as it's got just now! I've been trying to keep it in a similar style to Andrew's since I was about his age (the 1960s), but mine is naturally a bit curlier than his. And when it gets as long as this, it's starts to curl the wrong way. I have to admit I do rather envy Andrew his easily manageable hair.

My mother used to cut my hair when I was younger, but I reverted to professional hairdressers after she caught my ear with the scissors. (No real damage done! ) My regular hairdresser now layers my hair so it looks longer than it really is. So it doesn't really look much longer now than usual -- just messier. And those bits at the side curling into my eyes are getting really annoying. My mother unfortunately has very limited mobility today, so she couldn't really stand to give me a proper haircut, even if she wanted to. But I might just ask her to trim those annoying bits at the side. I might have to sit on the floor for her to reach me. I hope I was joking about using a bowl!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9604 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Well, of course I always maintain that there are no rules in my game (because my Sims don't like rules),

I don't believe I ever considered whether my sims would like rules but now that you've brought it up I've firmly decided I don't care if they like them or not. Most of my rules are for their own good anyway and those that aren't are for my own good.
Mad Poster
#9605 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 6:26 AM
New random thought: newly-purchased businesses should initially load closed, especially if there is an open/closed sign. Obviously we are not ready to be open yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#9606 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 7:19 AM
I thought I had done with downloading cc for a while but then I started building a mansion, and I needed two-storey half columns and centred windows, a decorative pediment, and just the right fireplace... and "oh, that looks cool"... and on it goes. I haven't got anywhere near to furnishing the house yet and it's taken me all day!
Instructor
#9607 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 1:51 PM
When opening a business, Sims should take the local resident's median income into consideration. If Strangetown's median income is §2,000 then, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to sell §35,000 cars.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Lab Assistant
#9608 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 7:44 PM
I can't believe what's happend.... I've got a reply from my favorite simmer. She is the Queen of Cuteness. :lovestruc

Many years ago my game was all dark and grundge and post-apocalyptic. But at some point I needed a nice and friendly bedding for a certain Sim and found one she has made. I ended up using it in every lot. So I thought I needed matching wallpapers and furniture recolors. And somehow I downladed everything I could find from her. Because of her my game looks so cute now. And I've found many more simmers with similar styles.

It is 5 hours since I saw her reply and I'm still nervous...
Mad Poster
#9609 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 11:10 PM
Why would someone's disagree with BinahLaGoaty being all cute? Some of yoos are so judgy..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
#9610 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:31 AM
How weird is it that the PT's are alive for every generation in your neighborhood?
We know from Strangetown that aliens are not immortal, yet the NPC aliens that procreate with our abducted Sims are... odd.
Mad Poster
#9611 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:36 AM
All NPCs and townies are immortal unless we intervene in one way or another. That always bugs me at least a little. I guess the main difference with PTs is that we can't intervene. But they're just the same as Mrs C and the Charlatan in that way, though I suppose again the difference is that Mrs C and the Charlatan are never anyone's parents.
Alchemist
#9612 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:39 AM
Maybe they age rapidly on Sim Earth because they're not adapted to the environment.
#9613 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:47 AM
Rosawyn, that is what bugs me. Seeing a Sim with its great-great-grandparent alive on the Family Tree. I don't mind immortal townies or characters like Mrs Crumplebottom, but once a character becomes involved in my Sim's story I like for them to age along with everyone else.
Omglo, I love that idea. I always need an explanation for the "why." It's why I make all of my terrains match edges on SC4, because I like to know exactly how my subhoods connect to each other and what's in between.
Mad Poster
#9614 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:55 AM
At this point I think it probably comes as no surprise that in general I like worldbuilding much more than I like storytelling (that's why I'm happy spending so much time building lots for upload rather than actually playing the game). And it works pretty well as a creative outlet too- most things I've come up with are things I can represent in some fashion or another through the game (it helps that I like fantasy more than scifi too, I guess)... but it means when I find an idea I'm obsessed with that just WON'T work in TS2, period, I find myself kind of flailing about because, like... it's such a cool idea!!! I want to create it somehow!!! Why won't this work!?! #WorldbuildingProblems

Mad Poster
#9615 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 7:12 PM
Watching fights should increase Sports enthusiasm or something, because it's just a complete waste of time and it's so hard to force a sim to cancel the action and do anything useful.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9616 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Watching fights should increase Sports enthusiasm or something, because it's just a complete waste of time and it's so hard to force a sim to cancel the action and do anything useful.
Maybe that's the point. Fighting and watching fights is a complete waste of time. And a waste of energy. And, in the final analysis, a waste of lives.

Those Sims who cry rather than watch fights are right: it's enough to make one weep.

When will they ever learn?

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#9617 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
How weird is it that the PT's are alive for every generation in your neighborhood?
We know from Strangetown that aliens are not immortal, yet the NPC aliens that procreate with our abducted Sims are... odd.

The Elixir of Life is an alien food item. Without regular drinks of Elixir, easily available on the spaceship--it's the default food substance--aliens age and die.
It even works for Sims!

Oh, and maybe all aliens are family aspiration, and so they pollinate in order to stay platinum enough to not have bad effects from Elixir. Or knowledge, Stella's knowledge, and PT's family. And knowledge sims are easy to keep platinum . . .

There. Random free association post-wine head cannon created. Does it solve your problem adequately? (This is why Sunbee only has wine late, folks.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#9618 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:39 AM
The Elixir of Life is an alien food item. Without regular drinks of Elixir, easily available on the spaceship--it's the default food substance--aliens age and die.
It even works for Sims!

This is cannon in my hood now. I'm making it so.
Henceforth aliens age at double speed.
Mad Poster
#9619 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:51 AM
knowledge sims are easy to keep platinum . . .

They're what, now? Knowledge sims are probably the hardest to get and keep platinum.
Mad Poster
#9620 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:56 AM
New games in brand new towns ahould have that ghost town effect when your family is visiting community lots in that new town until the population is bigger and you shouldn't have to start adding Bluewater Village or the default downtown first before being able to add the other terrains for those districts in vanilla games.It was so bad I had to load up on Mods and hacks to correct those issues.I hated having sims swarming community lots in brand new communities and having to add a shopping district already full of sims to an already overcrowded town.Those issues haven't bothered me for years on this computer ever since adding the right hacks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9621 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
New games in brand new towns ahould have that ghost town effect when your family is visiting community lots in that new town until the population is bigger and you shouldn't have to start adding Bluewater Village or the default downtown first before being able to add the other terrains for those districts in vanilla games.It was so bad I had to load up on Mods and hacks to correct those issues.I hated having sims swarming community lots in brand new communities and having to add a shopping district already full of sims to an already overcrowded town.Those issues haven't bothered me for years on this computer ever since adding the right hacks.
I'm pretty sure that, provided you have the Fix subhood selection mod by Mootilda that Annaminna linked to recently in the Pet Peeves thread, you don't have install the default Downtown and Bluewater first. You might get the Downtownies even if you make your own Downtown, but I'm fairly sure you don't get the Bluewater Sims in a custom shopping district. Unfortunately I can't confirm this from personal experience, because the only 'hood I have with attached shopping districts, is Veronaville, and I did attach Bluewater first there.

Oddly enough I did get a "ghost town" effect the very first time I sent a Sim to a community lot. There was only one other Sim there, and she wouldn't talk to my Sim. The community lot consisted of nothing but a huge swimming pool in a big field, with a half-built and unusable toilet block beside it, so maybe it just didn't have any attractions to make any other Sims think it might be worth going to! But I'll not forget the sight of Trista Shaw in her Maxis bikini swimming in that huge pool, and when I clicked on her, it said, "There are no actions available". Today it's a popular destination for Veronaville Sims, and it boasts a busy poolside restaurant.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#9622 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 2:33 PM
Yeah, new subhoods don't add the Bluewater sims.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9623 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 5:16 PM
@AndrewGloria -I've had that in my game for years and was talking about how it was in a vanilla game which was how I played on my older computer.That ghost town effect is a result of using the lot visitor controller hack to limit the community lot visitors to just my resident households and banning the NPCs who almost alays behaved badly.
@PeniGriffin -That used to happen in my old games when I played vanilla on my old computer and a hack fixed that issue years ago when I was forced to switch from vanilla to playing Modded and Hacked out because many of the cheats just quit working.I use that hood chooser hack to be able to choose any terrain I want for shopping distrcts and anything I want for a downtown so I almost forgot about that old issue.The only one that does that is the Bluewater Village default shopping district if you're forced to add it first in a vanilla game.That's not an issue with the hood chooser hack installed in the downloads folder as is the case with my game.
Link Ninja
#9624 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 5:48 PM
Sims don't have to worry about a lot of things that we worry about in real life and I'm grateful for that but they also have a lot of odd things to worry about we don't have to in real life...like drinking puree'd boot.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#9625 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
...like drinking puree'd boot.

Are they really any more likely to do that by accident than people IRL though? I'm pretty sure the only time any of my Sims have ever partook of Smoothie of Lake-Fermented Footwear was the first time I realized it was even an option, and I wanted to see what it actually did!

Page 385 of 516