Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#3876 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 6:10 PM Last edited by 310175 : 30th Dec 2022 at 8:10 PM.
My sim's cousin is stalking three different women....

In case anyone is interested in my Joy Legacy that I finished.

1. Norman Joy, widower, lives with his daughter Elaine Joy in Riverview on The Homestead.

2. Elaine Joy: has two children with two different men. Doesn’t get married. Raises her daughters with help from her father. Works part time and creates the Joy fortune by having a 5 star resort. Norman supports them with his gardening.

3. Heir: Mariane. This supernatural skeptic thinks she can do it all. Has a son with a fairy, forces her husband to become human, they have another human daughter and things are not going well in their marriage. Their children move out together as soon as possible. Mariane spends her days trying to become mayor and developing a potion to cure every Supernatural in Riverview. It’s not going well and on the day she takes the gravestone of her estranged husband to the cemetery, she dies as well, unfulfilled and bitter.

4. Heir: Tina. She ends up with a child by the man who ends up marrying her brother. So, her brother moves out and the relationship doesn’t recover. Mariane’s pointless efforts caused the Joy fortune to diminish somewhat. Tina raises her son and a pair of twins by herself, has a wonderful garden. A lot of money goes into supporting the university studies of those twins. Her son is the heir.

5. Heir: Joseph has five children with Lisa. Gay Alexej and his sister Anja have quite a close bond. Alexej is commitment phobic and dedicates his life to taking care of his sister Anja who is unlucky, insane and absent minded. After her death, he finds love late in life. They accumulate quite a bit of wealth.

6. Heir: Aletha is much younger than Alexej and Anja and looks more like her mother. She is gay and lives with her sister Alicia in a small house. The Joy fortune is no more. Aletha cannot find a partner but has a son with a woman who is not interested in a relationship nor her son. Aletha’s son grows up determined to find wealth again and writes a book about getting cheated out of an inheritance. What happened was that Alexej from the previous generation married a man late in life who also had a daughter. When Alexej died, his husband and daughter inherited the Joy fortune. Benedict, Aletha’s son got nothing.

7. Heir: Benedict has three sons with his wife Miki. The marriage is ok although both are mean spirited. Neither have a good relationship with their sons, and move out as soon as they both are elders. The sons move out as soon as they are young adults except for the heir Damian. Benedict and Miki kept waiting for his aunt Alicia to die, so there is more room in the small house. His mother Aletha died young.

8. Heir: Damian finally makes some money as a collector and moves to one of the Doghouses in Riverview. He marries Shanita and they have two children. The son, Brendan loves animals and goes to university to become a vet later. He moves out soon after his mother dies from seeing the ghost of his cat. He takes the gravestones of his other cats with him. Damian recovers but never remarries.

9. Heir: Brenda. Brenda is rebellious but her career with her band isn’t going so well. Not a problem since she inherited the businesses of her father. When she turns elder, she starts a career as a Rockstar. Since she has very high musical skills with all instruments, she is quite successful very quickly. Her daughter Christina is a testtube baby since there are no lesbians in Riverview that would like to partner up with Brenda. So, she cheated.

10. Heir: Christina is evil, grumpy, insane, has no sense of humor and loves the heat. I give her all kinds of lifetime rewards to help her at least get laid occasionally before she pisses off everyone around her. She is not interested in a relationship, becomes an inventor and tinkers around the house and the junkyard a lot. She is an adult now.

Conclusion: Love and marriage is hard to find for the lesbians in the Joy family.

I played in a remade Riverview that, now, that I'm done, I'm a bit sad to leave. My next Legacy is a Random Legacy in a remake of Twinbrook.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#3878 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 10:01 PM
So earlier when I was playing the Sims 3 I had one of my sims in the medical career & whilst she was at her job & I was playing another sim in that same household my sim left her job (she still had 6 sim hours left before she got off work) & came home only for her to sit at the dining table & drink orange juice from the fridge
Scholar
#3879 Old 20th Jan 2023 at 12:31 PM
Finally back to my Fordyce 'Saga'.

It's taken longer than I'd expected, partly because I needed to be sure the rotational play settings I made with Nraas SP were working the way I wanted. Also the save my new laptop has inherited from my previous machine is a real mess of missing objects, missing outfits, invisible sims and other oddities. For the first half hour of play I was dealing with endless script errors and notifications about un-routeable sims and stuck ageing checks. I found Richard Ross-Fordyce frozen in mid stride whilst running somewhere - god knows how long he'd been there before I reset him, and Christina Marcus, who's school performance was right down in the red, had unfinished homework stuck in her inventory which she could neither do nor get rid of. I had to reset her to get rid of it.

Anyway I think it has all settled down now.

So we turn to Alison's branch of the family. Alison, you may remember, married Christopher Marcus, and as soon as their daughter Christina became a child they moved into their own home. I'd been eager to play this new household whilst Chrissie was still a child. But I didn't want Corina, Jerry and Cosima ageing up any more, before I can get all three married off. Hence the rotational play set up.

No sooner had I gotten everybody settled down for their first night, when this happened...

Alison probably shouldn't have written all those Science Fiction novels. Hopefully these aliens are fans and not critics.

She got back just as Christopher was clearing away the breakfast things. And then, suddenly, before his uncomprehending eyes, she changed ...

... into a rather pretty maternity smock.

It's very gratifying to know that my sims are getting on with the job whilst I've been attending to other business. Indeed, judging by the notifications I've been getting, other couples around Finnington have also been getting busy lately. Thanks to Nraas Story Progression I suppose. So they're finally breeding!

Meanwhile, Christina found the Blue Bird of happiness.

She kept it for a few days and then let it go. I know she could have sold it for over 600 Simoleons but, just like the little girl in the story, she thought that happiness was more important, and that the bird deserved to be free and happy too.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#3880 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 11:16 PM
- I haven't seen you for ages. Where have you been?
Me:
Screenshots

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Lab Assistant
#3881 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 8:26 AM
Pulled two lovebirds out of the family bin to test out a new world.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#3882 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 1:44 PM
Clarice Heron, Praaven's local witch, sells her potions in front of the fortune teller lot. She has to move location every day to avoid getting caught by the crown. Magic within the city itself is punishable by death.

Here she is with her cat familiar Lonnos. Clarice lives alone with him in a burned out building in the small town of Lughaven.

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Field Researcher
#3883 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 9:44 PM
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#3884 Old 9th Mar 2023 at 10:47 PM
Dawid and Manuela as humans

Their son Artur
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#3885 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 6:39 AM
Those are some eerily handsome men. What site do you use for those? I do pen and paper RPGs so that would be a really handy way for me to create portraits of my characters or my NPCs when I am the one running the game (generated.photos only goes so far).
Field Researcher
#3886 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 5:43 PM
There's a Youtube video with a tutorial and link link to the site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Kqbm1WirU
Be careful. It's very addictive.

Mad Poster
#3887 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 5:46 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th Mar 2023 at 11:07 AM.
Wow, I haven't posted since November 9, 2022? It's been a while...I guess life got in the way.

I may restart that "Celebrity Sin and Alphabet Baby" challenge all over again.

I have a better list of fathers for the part of the celebrity sin. As for the alphabet, I made it the same challenge to include the ampersand from the original 27 before it was dropped. Expect "weird" names, maybe a set of twins, and maybe a crowded house.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#3888 Old 26th Mar 2023 at 9:26 PM
Scenes like that remind me why I love Sims 3.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Field Researcher
#3889 Old 29th Mar 2023 at 6:08 PM
Catalina has learned to walk and was taught to talk. Adan just got a promotion to Stagehand and his wife got a promotion to level 2 in the IT career. His mother in law is only two days until elder and is thinking about leaving the rat race and retiring from her job in web development. Catalina definitely wasn't named after the Mac OS! The fact that her mom and grandma work with computers is just a big coincidence!

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Instructor
#3890 Old 6th Apr 2023 at 7:46 PM
I sure was hoping he didn't mistake his own baby, as a golf ball.

Was playing rotational and switched to other household. One of my sims had his relationship with his son fallen apart, now he was accusing his own flesh and blood as... a llama?

This sim was giving some critique literally on..........toilet paper?

"Oh this toilet paper is si magnifique, more magnifique than Michelangelo David statue." (I'm not sure why this sim is obsessed with toilet paper.)
Screenshots

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Top Secret Researcher
#3891 Old 8th Apr 2023 at 3:31 PM
River Tam (my first generation of a I'm surrounded by idiots challenge) who just became an elder died after online woohooing. I quit without saving since I really want to play her until she and her horses have finished their challenges about winning more competitions. It wouldn't be fair to the horses and her son isn't very interested in riding. Yes, that's how I justify it.

I seriously need to adjust the tuning for the 9 Death Types mod. I've had a few deaths recently that came far too easily for my taste.
Inventor
#3892 Old 8th Apr 2023 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
River Tam (my first generation of a I'm surrounded by idiots challenge) who just became an elder died after online woohooing. I quit without saving since I really want to play her until she and her horses have finished their challenges about winning more competitions. It wouldn't be fair to the horses and her son isn't very interested in riding. Yes, that's how I justify it.

I seriously need to adjust the tuning for the 9 Death Types mod. I've had a few deaths recently that came far too easily for my taste.

I had to go look at this mod. I kind of like this over using the death mod where I shoot sims where it's more random for things that could cause a "demise"
Top Secret Researcher
#3893 Old 8th Apr 2023 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
I had to go look at this mod. I kind of like this over using the death mod where I shoot sims where it's more random for things that could cause a "demise"

I like it a lot. I have Dexter's bear as well but only use it when playing someone who is going to be the Emperor of Evil and/or has the assassin career. I also have the Demonic Powers for sims that are evil vampires or evil werewolves.

They're a lot of fun in moderation.
Inventor
#3894 Old 8th Apr 2023 at 6:24 PM
I like it a lot. I have Dexter's bear as well but only use it when playing someone who is going to be the Emperor of Evil and/or has the assassin career. I also have the Demonic Powers for sims that are evil vampires or evil werewolves.

I had Dexter but I wanted more of "not in my control" style of demise of random sims
Forum Resident
#3895 Old 8th Apr 2023 at 9:03 PM

My Harley and Joker LOVE Dexter! I also use desecrate weapons mod. My vampires use demonic powers, and there is another, violence and aggression.
Scholar
#3896 Old 9th Apr 2023 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Elynda : 12th Apr 2023 at 9:12 PM.
ST FRED'S REBORN

This lot, still a work in progress, has been a pet project of mine for some time now, but I had to put it on hold because even in build/buy mode it was causing some serious lagging. Furnishing it, and then trying to play even a normal sized family there would have been more than my old laptop's ancient circuits could take. But with the new machine running the game so well, I thought I'd get back to it.

This was always meant to be a replacement for my girls' boarding school St Freda's. Because the more I looked at the original buildings, the more I was convinced my Freddians deserved better.

The school originally consisted of three separate lots, built as close together as could be managed. There was the main building, known as the Abbey, and two smaller annexes: the Priory and the Hermitage. They represented the three school 'houses' which I'd intended to play rotationally. I had plans for a fourth house ('Cannon's - in keeping with the ecclesiastical theme) but keeping track of three households proved enough of a strain without adding to it. Especially with the game performing as badly as it did.

For this new version I moved the original Abbey onto a 64X64 lot and expanded it. In fact I expanded it almost beyond recognition! Well, I'd originally meant to rebuild the other two houses next to it - with a little adjustment they would have fitted - but then I thought, why not accommodate everybody under the same roof?

Ah, but wait! How many sims are we talking about here? Well, let's see... 12 from the Abbey, 6 from the Priory, 7 at the Hermitage, plus the 8 who were to go into Cannon's, that's 33 in all. Quite modest for a real life school, but in sims terms? Impossible! The thumbnails would take up half the screen and trying to take care of that number of sims all at once would turn me into a gibbering wreck!

But then I remembered Ani's Apartment Mod. I'd always meant to give that a try. Yes, four families (or in this case four 'houses') occupying the same building, but only one of them active at a time. Now that might work!

Setting it up and getting it all working will still be a bit of a challenge. But I think I'm up for one.

For one thing, every single sink, shower, bath and toilet in the place will have to be made unbreakable. Because, as I've learned by bitter experience, the morning round of blocked toilets, broken sinks and showers failing one after the other like dominoes, all whilst hearing the lamentation of the women, is very, very depressing!

Theorist
#3897 Old 16th Apr 2023 at 3:15 PM
I have a unhealthy amount of sim pics. I can't do what I wanted to do with them and the quiet around here is driving me nuts, so may as well have some fun with it...

Coffee withdrawals are a terrible thing.
Screenshots
Scholar
#3898 Old 16th Apr 2023 at 6:23 PM Last edited by Elynda : 16th Apr 2023 at 8:22 PM.
I too have rather more pictures than I know what to do with.

When I'm shooting scenes for a story I take many, many screenshots! I like to shoot the same scene from different angles and then I can decide afterwards which works best. Most of the pictures will never get used, but unless the shot is a complete dud, I keep everything backed up on an external drive. I don't know how many hundreds (maybe thousands) of images there are in that archive, I gave up counting! But you never know what might be useful later. On one occasion I realised that there was a sim missing in a scene she should have been in, but luckily I found another similar picture in my backups with her standing in just the right position and pose, so I snipped her out and photoshopped her into the picture I was going to use.

And it is as well I do keep backups! Only last night I accidentally deleted a folder containing all the pictures I'd selected and edited for a story chapter. I was meaning to upload them to Imgur. And since they were on a USB stick they didn't go into the recycle bin. Oops! But the backups are still there on the external drive, so I'll just have to do the selecting and editing again. And this time get them uploaded right away, before there are any more accidents!

Theorist
#3899 Old 16th Apr 2023 at 8:26 PM
My game play isn't exciting. I go by what my sims want; within reason of course. I've modded out the silly things like sims wanting to become best friends with their cars or used Retuner to make things like rocking chairs 'less fun' so they don't obsess over them. That said, why do I insist on holding on to pics like the one below? I don't know.

It was a goofy time from 2015 and I ruined it by using a crappy filter. At that time I believed that 'batch processing' was a good idea; it's not. I don't have a copy of the original so this what I'm stuck with. I could re-do it and maybe I will at some point, but then it would different somehow in my mind. Yesterday I came across a pic from 2013. It is nothing exciting, I didn't think about shutting off things like plumbobs for picture taking back then and there is nothing about it worth keeping, but I do it anyway.

I need to stop thinking about it and just play my game as I do and leave it alone.
Screenshots
Theorist
#3900 Old 18th Apr 2023 at 2:06 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 18th Apr 2023 at 2:57 PM.
I've been hanging out in Boroughsburg. There is no reason for it, I just wanted a change of scenery.

I know it annoys people when English is used in game, but the doodles on the poster crack me up. It reminds of a time when I used to do something similar to something called TV Guide. Lots of actors ended up with beards, mustaches, black eyes, sutures, ect...
Screenshots
Page 156 of 162