Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vamprotoxin-A 'Essence of Vampire'

by Calidan Posted 28th Jan 2006 at 2:06 AM - Updated 26th Oct 2008 at 4:03 AM by Calidan : Update

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 101 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 3:15 PM
I just have one thing to say: GREAT!!!!

I'm a fucking viking!

CKY <3 *vade mecum*

What would there be beyond the eyes of Brandon Lee?
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 3:55 PM
Coolio. I've also, like your daughter, been having trouble finding the other vampires. Vampires are soooooooooooo cool.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 4:58 PM
Excellent. Sine I don't use the stock downtown, this will be very usefull.
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 5:00 PM
If you can't find a vampire, try Cold Issue Clothing. That's where I find mine. Awesome potion, thanks! :evil:
#30 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 6:14 PM
i love this!
i cant go downtown because, whenever i do, my game crashes. so lame.
so this helps a lot!
thanks!:jig:
Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 6:25 PM
Default Is great
:salute:Nice Hack,but Vampire in Nightlife arent to real they eating food to increase they hunger stats,can you make a hack that will make vampires when bitting other sims to feed.I know there a hack like that around but can find it.

I will appreciat if you could make one.
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 6:39 PM
well there is a similar hack on this site which you can get that turns you into a vampire...its the one i have:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ht=vampire+hack
Instructor
#33 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 7:58 PM
Very cool idea. It'll work well with my vampire theme.

Beep boop.
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 10:35 PM
I haven't had much of a problem finding vampires, but I HAVE had to try several times before... Thanks for the mod.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 0o0_simsfan_0o0
Very umm...original :gidea: . But you can find the vampires at the Crypt'o'Night night club. If you have nightlife that is.I'll test this out.Thanks

I've never seen them at the Crypt O' Night night club. I play this game a lot and so far I've only seen the Countess at the cemetery twice.

Thanks for this download! :skull:
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 3:29 AM
This is cool. I too have looked and looked and never have found one. Thanks. This will help out a lot.
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 8:24 PM
I've only seen Count Wheeler and have married off and cured Contessa Ally Seavey. Though I do have Sharlene Amadizzah as a vampire, and some rich guy who ended up dying in the sun.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 9:40 PM
Thanks so much! I never wanted to bother finding a vampire, myself. I can't wait to try it out. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 7:46 AM
i'm loving this mod thank you its just what i was looking for

Not made to measure baby
One size does not fit all
I will not be the one
You make to take the fall
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 11:48 AM
I know a friend who made "Spike" from Buffy, and she said she has problems that he will go outside and stomp cockroaches by the mailbox DURING THE DAY and be "frying" the whole time, and she had to have NO WINDOWS in his house at all, etc. Which, while it's realistic for a vampire to have no windows, how DOES one keep the vampire sims from going outside as the Sims are so STUPID sometimes?

She said finally she ended up curing his vampirism and just SAYING he's a vampire because she kept having him DIE since she couldn't KEEP him in the house.

Anyone else have this problem with the vampires? Also, she said there is NO benefit to vampirism in the game, or to use her exact words, "It isn't white wolf ooh sexy". Is that true? It just makes 'em "burn" in sunlight, they and they die? DO they age at all?

Note: I ask this cause I don't have Nightlife and can't get it until probably March, unless I get desperate and go donate plasma for the money (but they give me such a run-around lately... "We need a doctor's note that its ok to donate plasma while taking meds" "No, this says 'have blood drawn' that doesn't necessarily mean plasma" "No, this says have plasma drawn, that's not the same as donating" and I am like WTF? What doctor draws plasma for testing?!?),,, so I wont get it until March...

EDIT: Oh and just for the sheer fun of it, since I'm probably the only one without Nightlife, I'll test this for ya and get back to you LOL. I'm sure it won't work, but we can know for 100% sure.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Absolute Ground Zero
I know a friend who made "Spike" from Buffy, and she said she has problems that he will go outside and stomp cockroaches by the mailbox DURING THE DAY and be "frying" the whole time, and she had to have NO WINDOWS in his house at all, etc. Which, while it's realistic for a vampire to have no windows, how DOES one keep the vampire sims from going outside as the Sims are so STUPID sometimes?

She said finally she ended up curing his vampirism and just SAYING he's a vampire because she kept having him DIE since she couldn't KEEP him in the house.

Anyone else have this problem with the vampires? Also, she said there is NO benefit to vampirism in the game, or to use her exact words, "It isn't white wolf ooh sexy". Is that true? It just makes 'em "burn" in sunlight, they and they die? DO they age at all?

Note: I ask this cause I don't have Nightlife and can't get it until probably March, unless I get desperate and go donate plasma for the money (but they give me such a run-around lately... "We need a doctor's note that its ok to donate plasma while taking meds" "No, this says 'have blood drawn' that doesn't necessarily mean plasma" "No, this says have plasma drawn, that's not the same as donating" and I am like WTF? What doctor draws plasma for testing?!?),,, so I wont get it until March...

EDIT: Oh and just for the sheer fun of it, since I'm probably the only one without Nightlife, I'll test this for ya and get back to you LOL. I'm sure it won't work, but we can know for 100% sure.

LOL ok

Vampires in the game do not appear to age from what I have observed (which is pretty cool imo and intheme). My biggest problem is when family members (from another house) come visiting during the day everytime they ring the doorbell my vamp will 'arise' to answer it, and start burning. As for the no windows etc, well in my experience it does cut down the amount of burning but not as much as I would have expected (in a closed room with no light entry isn't like being in a coffin/crypt? - strange)

Vampire also have very little or no 'needs' loss during the night (well mine don't anyway), and thats not to mention the cool 'stalk'ing about downtown, or flying somewhere as a bat rather than walking or running :D

As I mentioned in a previous post - I 'had' a YA vampire at UNI for freshman year *phew* talk about a few close calls, but no loss of life. I did however eventually cure her for the duration and will get one of her siblings to revamp her once she graduated or perhaps use Vamprotoxin :shrug:

--
Calidan
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Calidan
LOL ok

Vampires in the game do not appear to age from what I have observed (which is pretty cool imo and intheme). My biggest problem is when family members (from another house) come visiting during the day everytime they ring the doorbell my vamp will 'arise' to answer it, and start burning. As for the no windows etc, well in my experience it does cut down the amount of burning but not as much as I would have expected (in a closed room with no light entry isn't like being in a coffin/crypt? - strange)

Vampire also have very little or no 'needs' loss during the night (well mine don't anyway), and thats not to mention the cool 'stalk'ing about downtown, or flying somewhere as a bat rather than walking or running :D

As I mentioned in a previous post - I 'had' a YA vampire at UNI for freshman year *phew* talk about a few close calls, but no loss of life. I did however eventually cure her for the duration and will get one of her siblings to revamp her once she graduated or perhaps use Vamprotoxin :shrug:

--
Calidan

Ah, so you can turn into a bat? That's kinda cool...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:56 PM
:nod:
Indeed that is cool - nothing defines a vampire quite like being able to shapeshift into a bat to get around.

In my opinion, vampires in nightlife are there for storytelling and roleplaying more than having any 'useful' function. For those of us with nocturnal sleep patterns (up at night, sleep at day), or those partial to goth are probably vampires biggest supporters, but then again I have always liked vampires so having such a cool game like TS2 with vampires in it is even better

--
Calidan
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Calidan
:nod:
Indeed that is cool - nothing defines a vampire quite like being able to shapeshift into a bat to get around.

In my opinion, vampires in nightlife are there for storytelling and roleplaying more than having any 'useful' function. For those of us with nocturnal sleep patterns (up at night, sleep at day), or those partial to goth are probably vampires biggest supporters, but then again I have always liked vampires so having such a cool game like TS2 with vampires in it is even better

--
Calidan

Oh yeah sunlight sucks. I wish doctors would work at night... speaking of which, I see sunlight out my window... I need to go to sleep... LOL. But last note before I do, my friend that made "Spike" actually doesn't like vampires, silly as that is... She liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer... KILL the vampires... though she liked the "redemption" story of Spike, and even before that, she liked his style as a villain, he wasn't your average cardboard vampire, he had style. But she got annoyed to no end (and frankly, so did I, maybe more so being that I like vampires, and they made them DUMB) with all the "vampires" running around in Star Wars Galaxies.
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:52 PM
Hi! Your lotion is perfect, but i have some problems with it. When my sim drinks it, he losts energy, gigiene, toylet etc and dies finelly. Why!? I can't understand, please help, what shoud i do? Maybe exist any antidote...

P.S. Sorry for my english, i'm russian.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 4:47 PM
this is a definate need for my city "City of Lost Angels" all my sims.... and i do mean ALL my sims are vampires and this is a great way to help the progress along

thank you sooo much for this!!
Test Subject
#47 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 9:36 PM
ill test it 4 the base game if ud like even if u dont like, i do it anyway

Nothing.
#48 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 10:16 PM
i've always had this 'thing' for vampires and i, lyk ur daughter, havent been successful in finding a vampire, so thanx a million!!
Scholar
#49 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 1:37 AM
thanks for this. i very rarely go downtown because my game runs like treacle if i do.
this makes things easier andmore natural than bringing up cheats too
i have never had a vampire in my game but i am going to give this a go now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pirton
Hi! Your lotion is perfect, but i have some problems with it. When my sim drinks it, he losts energy, gigiene, toylet etc and dies finelly. Why!? I can't understand, please help, what shoud i do? Maybe exist any antidote...

P.S. Sorry for my english, i'm russian.

You will find all their needs drop if you turn them into a vampire during the day. Try it at night time instead

If you keep them awake during the day they will eventually die - buy a coffin and put them to bed/sleep during the day time.

--
Calidan
Page 2 of 5