Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clock Mod... 12 Hour/24 Hour Switch Mod

by Pilot76103 Posted 21st Sep 2005 at 3:56 AM - Updated 11th Mar 2008 at 5:00 AM by Pilot76103

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th May 2007 at 12:01 AM
Default how do i backedup registry?
Quote: Originally posted by eddief66
No, it's a registry edit. You double click on it and you'll get a message asking if you want to add this information to the registry and then you select yes. That's why you should backup your registry before using it.

Where exactly is the registry we need to backup?
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th May 2007 at 5:39 PM
this does not work for me. i have all eps and stuff packs installed.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 30th May 2007 at 11:09 PM Last edited by Bruce Banner : 20th Jul 2007 at 10:19 PM. Reason: File not needed anymore
If you follow Jordi's instructions earlier in this thread then you can get the english to us ( 24 hour to 12 hour clock ) mod to work with Celebrations , no problem . It's working in my game after I followed his instructions for myself and I have all the expansions and packs including Celebrations Also , you can use ERUNT to back up your registry ( http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ ) if you have Windows NT or above . Just follow the guidelines at the above link etc to learn how to use it
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 31st May 2007 at 9:36 PM
You're welcome , although there's no need to thank me because I'm just implementing the work of one and the advice of another and once / if Pilot updates it himself I'll delete these versions because it's all his work As far as the H and M Fashion pack goes , I'll hopefully be getting it myself when it's released in the UK . I'll certainly hopefully update it then for my own game and hopefully Pilot will update it here and then continue on with it himself . If he doesn't though then I'd of course share any update I made to it here so you guys can use it , although I hope Pilot does it himself so I can then back out of his thread and go back to downloading because I aint no modder :p
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 5:28 AM
I'd like to thank everyone that made this AM/PM possible. You're so awesome I've been hating the military time since I got the NL onwards!
Instructor
#56 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 9:57 AM
H&M Info:

---- cut below ----

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 H M Fashion Stuff]
"Language"="English US"
"Locale"="en_us"
"Region"="MX08004261"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 H M Fashion Stuff\1.0]
"Language"=dword:00000001
"LanguageName"="English US"

---- cut above ----
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 9:56 PM
Thanks Jordi
Test Subject
#58 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 11:11 AM
Thanks Jordi for the info and Bruce, for putting up a download to make it even easier!
Test Subject
#59 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 8:03 AM
This file (including updated version) does not work on my system. Can someone please look into this. I have all EPs and Stuff Packs up to and including Fashion Stuff installed. I am running on Windows Vista. Someone please help.
Instructor
#60 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 11:04 PM
This fixed my problem with all of my Sims' names changing. THANK YOU!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 10:20 PM
You might want to look at this thread if your version of Vista is a 64 bit version Travis ( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=237474&c=1 )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bruce Banner
Right , here you go guys . Here's the H + M Fashion Stuff versions . As normal , use the 12 hour mod if you want the am/pm clock and use the 24 hour mod if you want the military time . Like before , I've got the 12 hour mod installed in my own game so I know it works . But again I don't use the 24 hour mod so use it at your own risk . As always , back up your registry before installing this mod . And again , I'd like Pilot mainly for creating this in the first place and Jordi for all his help and advice to update it to get all of the credit for this . Thanks guys . I don't want any credit . I'm just putting it here out of courtesy because it would be mean to update it for my own game and then not share it :D

Thanks so much for keeping my mod going since I have not played in ages and have not needed to update my mod for my needs. I did however go back and update my mod and repost it as the main download. If once again I don't have this up to date when Bon Voyage comes out please feel free to update it and post it. I should however have a new one posted the day Bon Voyage comes out and I install and test it.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 9:59 PM
You're welcome , although it was Jordi who mainly explained how to update it so it's thanks to him really . I'll delete the versions I updated because they're not needed anymore . So I should thank you because now I can sit back on my lazy butt :D
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 8:34 PM
When you're next in the game , look amongst the game options and you'll see an option to ' Force 12 hour clock ' ( US users may see the opposite Force 24 hour clock , I'm not sure because my game is from the UK ) . Now you can switch clock modes whenever you feel like so there's no point updating this hack and it is in fact better to leave this mod just updated upto H and M stuff because obviously they're the only ones that need it
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 4:33 PM
It is easy to figure out, but it's still very annoying to me! All I want is for my settings to be stuck the way I want it. You can force the 12hr clock, but why does it automatically go back to it's original setting?

Shouldn't the game settings stay the way that I set it up?

When I blossom I shall be lovely
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 4:35 PM
When you're next in the game , look amongst the game options and you'll see an option to ' Force 12 hour clock ' ( US users may see the opposite Force 24 hour clock , I'm not sure because my game is from the UK ) . Now you can switch clock modes whenever you feel like so there's no point updating this hack and it is in fact better to leave this mod just updated upto H and M stuff because obviously they're the only ones that need it

How come it doesn't stay that way?

When I blossom I shall be lovely
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 10:11 PM
If you don't already have a custom startup file then put this one into your Sims2 / Config folder that's inside the EA folder in your ' My Documents ' and hopefully it'll fix the problem for you . If you already have a custom startup file then add the line contained inside this file to the beginning of your own startup file ( if you don't already know open it with Notepad ) . I tried putting that line AFTER the other start up cheats in it at first and it didn't seem to work for me that way , but put at the beginning of the file it works for me all the time now and I was having the same problem you are having Then again , I installed the Bon Voyage patch around the same time as doing that too so maybe that could have fixed it instead One or the other fixes it put it that way
Attached files:
File Type: zip  userStartup.zip (163 Bytes, 87 downloads)
Field Researcher
#68 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 4:51 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 14th Nov 2007 at 5:00 AM.

That's not really true. "Force 12 hour clock" option only forces clock, it doesn't actually change the locale of the game. Let's say that you were playing US English game with 12 hour clock, and the clock changed to 24 hour after installing a new EP/SP. That means that locale of the game changed from US English to UK English. Even if you checked "Force 12 hour clock" option, the locale of the game still remains UK English, which results in arbitrary changing of your CAS Sims' and NPCs' names.

In short, this clock mod is still needed despite the new option. I don't want my carefully chosen Sims' names to be messed up.

12 hour clock fix For Bon Voyage:

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage]
"Language"="English US"
"Locale"="en_us"
"Region"="MX08004261"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\1.0]

12 hour clock fix For Teen Style Stuff:

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff]
"Language"="English US"
"Locale"="en_us"
"Region"="MX08004261"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff\1.0]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#69 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 7:03 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to get back on the fourms but i'm going to release a new one sometime today if I can get my game working on my laptop, it will be updated with all EPs and SPs including Bon Voyage, Teen Style Stuff, and FreeTime.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#70 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 8:30 PM Last edited by Pilot76103 : 11th Mar 2008 at 2:10 AM.
New patch is up and online, I'm still trying to troubleshoot my issues with my games not loading so I can test it. BTW the reason my game isn't loading is in no way related to this patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#71 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 2:14 AM
Good news is that I believe I have fixed my game issues and will be testing this patch in the next 30 minutes and will inform everyone if it is working and compatable. Keep in mind I have all of the EPs and SPs so this will be the true test if it works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#72 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:58 AM
I tested the mod and great news, It Works! No more need for Force 12 Hour Clock.
Test Subject
#73 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GunMod
24 hour clock is VERY easy. If its after 1200 hours just subtract 12 to get the time.

Example: 1700 - 1200 = 500 or 5 pm.

sometimes it just doesn't work the way it supposed to be; i mean some people like me to prefer wyswyw(what you see is what you wanted) not wydwyw(what you do is what you wanted). you know? more convinient is better.
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd May 2008 at 3:14 AM Last edited by liandera : 2nd May 2008 at 4:30 PM.
I'm confused about backing up the registry... where do I find it? Someone asked this question earlier, but I didn't see an answer to it.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 21st May 2008 at 11:31 AM
I have all Expansion packs and stuff packs and this mod doesn't work. Any suggestions?

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Page 3 of 4