Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Early Release of US Marine Career

by Bobbling Posted 21st Dec 2004 at 5:47 PM - Updated 10th May 2005 at 4:46 AM by Psion : Updated EP Relevance

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 3:18 AM
Not really on topic but I'd love to see SAS career...especially with you rskills Bobbling.
#52 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 5:45 AM
One of my sims got hired as a Chief Warant Officer 3. Her job pannel showed her as a Corporal. She got promoted to Chief Warrant Officer 4, but on panel and pay was a sergeant.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 4:35 PM
Go Navy!!
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diane Lyn
Is torturing and brainwashing part of this career?

My hubby is a Marine and he is tortured.. but far from brainwashed.

... lets not start with the steriotypes.
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 8:22 AM Last edited by Nancimila : 5th Feb 2005 at 8:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Diane Lyn
Gunny,
Have you been reading the news? Have you heard about the abuses going on in Iraq? About the marines shooting wounded Iraqi children, to put them out of their misery? Torture techniques endorsed by Rumsfeld? Maybe not, but that's what I meant. I guess it's not even the career I mind, it's Bobbling's sig since everyone is not willing to die for this country, especially now! See, I know this forum is for the Sims, so when someone tries to force their opinion on everyone else, I, for one, take offense. Now I will wait for the nasty emails and other garbage that happened when I posted my first comment.

Everyone has opinions.. but it's when their opinion is based on things they dont understand or have the full story; that puts a bad taste in peoples mouths. Why not go back to the sixties crap and call all Marines baby killers? ok.. nuff of that. My husband has been a Marine for 12 years and I have never heard of any marines killing for fun or doing anything EVIL! They are brave men and women put in extraordinary circumstances and expected to respond in situations that we couldnt even begin to comprehend. Some of them are just children themselves and are terrified and far from any comfort. And, if you were talking about those torchured on the news.. those were Army doing the torchure. It was wrong, and they were punished. I have even seen Marine wives speaking out against our president because their husbands weren't issued the gear they needed... well.. my husband handles the budget and he can tell you the gear was bought and the fault was with their husband's sergent, not the president, or the system. .. My fave news blunder was when we were in San Fransisco, The Marines held a big "beach landing" training weekend in Oakland. The Mayor was paid by the marines and requested that the reservists stay in Oakland to bring even more money to the city... well, the morons that the news people interviewed were screaming about the Mayor wasting city tax money. LMAO.. idiots. .. then they interviewed a Private and he said, yah, this is a waste of Oaklands money, I'm bored. (a private doesnt know anything, he just knows he was told to wait) Just another example of people talking about things they know nothing about. Unfortunatly.. people watching the news believe them, and think they knew what they were doing when they picked joe schmo off the street to interview. The point is... when things land on the news.. they are often twisted beyond recognition.

Ok.. Sorry, I just had to get that out! now.. enough about all that.. back to the sims!
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 8:32 AM
quick reply before i get hate mail...

Our military and all of those that have died for this country are doing it to defend your right to have and voice your opinion. I think that is all Bobbling is doing with his sig.. voicing his opinion.. not forcing it on you.

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing and it's worth dying for.. just wish the news personalities would be a bit more responsible with it.
Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 3:55 AM
Thanks for making this career. I've downloaded it but haven't played it yet. I'm a little hesitant because there's a question I have to ask but don't know how to . . . are there corresponding uniforms to the levels?

I'm sorry but the marines' uniforms are . . . hot. All men should look that good all the time. Sorry to interupt the discussion - you guys can get back to the real issues at hand.
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Nancimila : 10th Feb 2005 at 6:13 PM.
hahaha... elurin.. that is true...

Has anyone made the uniforms? Maybe I should try my hand at it. btw (there are now 27 ranks including 5 warrant officer ranks)

maybe each rank could wear a different aspect of the uniform.. like

private - bootcamp sweats
pfc- lance corporal - green pt clothes
corporal- sgt - cammies
staff sgt- gunny - service charlies
first sgt & master sgt - sgtmaj & mgysgt -service bravos
2lt- lt - blue deltas
capt -maj - blue chalies
ltcol - col - service alphas
bgen- gen - blues alphas

all warrant officers - blue deltas

The Commandant and SGT MAJ of the marine corps should be in
- evening dress aphas

what do ya think?
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tralis
An enlistee cannot be promoted to officer.

yes they can. there are programs that enlisted can go through to become an officer at any time after they get a degree.
Test Subject
#60 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 8:09 PM
Thanks!
Hey Thanks for making the USMC career! I havent downloaded it yet, but it sounds cool! My mom is a retired marine (in for 21 years), my dad was a marine for about 8 years, and my husband is a marine (5 or 6 years in), he is a Sgt. Alright, well like I said, Thanks!!

-Niamh
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 6:59 PM
Is the maker of this career still working on it? I have seen a few posts with questions and feedback on problems.. but no replies. I guess I'll work on the skins anyway. and if the maker wants them.. he can contact me.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 9:12 PM
I am using the MASH lot someone made and this career would be great but I want to see if Bobbling will fix the bugs first.

PS I was in the Navy for 4 years and I was never brainwashed and I never tortured anyone. In fact I was homeless when I joined and thanks to the Military I now have a nice home and have time to give back by helping at the Salvation Army and Humane Society.
Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nancimila
Is the maker of this career still working on it? I have seen a few posts with questions and feedback on problems.. but no replies. I guess I'll work on the skins anyway. and if the maker wants them.. he can contact me.

If you make them, I'd like to have them also. Not just for the career either!

For those that fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 7:34 AM
Bobbling... I love this career! Thanx. Would love to see it for teens....JROTC, that kind of thing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 1:15 PM
Hey guys sorry for my absence, i have been taking a break so i can concentrate on my work+i had to format, as far as i know custom outfits dont work for custom careers, and i will sort all the problems out as soon as i hav the time, thx for your patience.
Instructor
#66 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 11:02 PM Last edited by motherspet : 10th Mar 2005 at 11:05 PM.
I came as far as level 8 (had to use the cheat to get this career), Sargeant Major I think. As I got promoted to that rank it said among other things that I have potential to be an astronaut. In the marine?? Anyway, no car came the next morning. I took a sicky. No car the next day, I took a holiday and cheated my way up to the next level. Still no car. Shame I would have loved to see those men in the handsome uniforms. There will be a change of them?? Please could you check into this as I would love to get to the end. Thanks for the great work so far.
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 6:40 AM
Bobbling I was wondering if this career is has been updated for univerisity. This was my favorite career in the Sims 2 and I would love to have it in Univerisity.
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 7:51 AM
Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version Make a air force version

ME LIKE AIR FORCE

sry for spamming
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 4:13 PM
HEy guys, yup i will release an updated version which will also be compatible with unitversity soon, i have just been absolutly swamped down with work and exams i just dont hav the time at the mo, mayb durin the easter break
Test Subject
#70 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 7:00 PM
OMG! this is soooo cool... 26 job levels?!?!?!
you outdone yourself!
#71 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bigheadpirate
hey since so many people are requesting an air force career how about this one:

1. Hangar Floor Cleaner
2. Private
3. Caddy
4. Copilot
5. Pilot
6. Golf Pro Shop Manager
7. Golf Course Owner
8. John Daly
9. Harvey Dangerfield
10. Tiger Woods

note: not to be taken seriously or meant to offend anybody, just a little army humor.

chair fo-o-o-orce

LOL hehe us army ppls just looove teasing airy fairys I reckon someone should make an army cadet or military skool for kids and teens!
That would be aawsome! I wulda loved to go to military skool... but nooo closest thing to that in Australia is a school based cadet unit but military skool would be madness or a military college...... hehe that culd be an army officer career track..... and i also like the sas idea.... aslong as female sims can join too seeing we cant in real life NER
Test Subject
#72 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 12:32 PM
I had this career in my TS2 game, and really wanted it since I myself am a military brat, but I found the levels way too long and most of the levels being of the same low pay. It would be great if you would consider tweaking this to 10 levels with different and higher wages, just a thought, thanks
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 11:34 PM
thank you for the career to add to my game..my father retired from army 23 yrs.,,my nephew is army and in iraq,,,i have a uncle to die in airforce at 26 yrs.old and one in marines at 28..so im not favorable..they served our contry god bless our soilders...i just want to make my sims workout and i like uniforms
Test Subject
#74 Old 8th May 2005 at 8:57 PM
I think this is great. My son is a Marine serving his 3rd deployment in Iraq. If there were objects to go along with this career what a neighborhood you could create! Thanks for all the hard work.
Test Subject
#75 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 11:17 PM
Default Love career but have problems
Bobbling I love all of your careers, especially this one. I downloaded the EP compliant version of the Marine career but it didn't work, there were no descriptions and the job labels were wrong. Do you have any suggestions?
Page 3 of 4