Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Gardening is Fun!

by Ophidia Posted 6th Jan 2005 at 8:11 AM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 9:10 PM by Christy1077

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 2:10 AM
yay! I've always wanted my sims to get some fun value out of gardening

I'm going to try this out next time I play.
retired moderator
#27 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 6:04 AM
I have a question. Would this conflict with the every day gardner hack?
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Grapholina
I have a question. Would this conflict with the every day gardner hack?

I'm installing both tonight, so I'll post again if they do seem to conflict...
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 12:27 AM
I love this hack. I have a house with no tv and visitors do the gardening when their fun needs a boost. Awesome, thank you :D
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:52 PM
Thanks for this, my gardner can't finish the job in one day and now finally my sims won't get bored doing it themselves! Thanks you! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 4:25 PM
thanx.
thats nice.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 10:27 PM
When I first installed the "Gardening is fun" in University, it appeared to be find - until, that is, my student put a money tree in his room, and I immediately got a fatal exception, this application has to close; then was thrown to desktop. I restarted my computer and the game, and attempted to open my dorm, at which time I immediately got a repeat of the above action.

I went to downloads and removed gardening is fun, restarted everything and my game was fine. So - that tells me University definitely does not like gardening is fun. In fact only one hack has made it past an attempt to use it in University and that was the combination aspiration/life/etc painting. Whatever the creator did to make that hack compatiable is apparently something you need to check into to make your hack accepted by University. As it did work great in just Sims 2.
Instructor
#33 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 10:55 PM
Eww, this happened to me too with the money trees and this mod running. Specifcially when the money trees regenerated their money and I heard the chaching noise and got a fatal error then a crash to desktop. When I tried to go back in and restart the game and load the house again, I kept getting the same thing. I tried putting the house in the houses bin and replacing it and the same thing still happened. I tried to package it so I could run it through Clean Installer and reinstall it, but I got a crash to desktop before it finished.

Suffice it to say the house was hosed and unrecoverable, but I did salvage the family by having another sim on another lot invite one of them over, move her in and then she brought the rest with her. I had to bulldoze the house those.

I was running University and minimal hacks at the time and the only two I could think of that had anything at all to do with money trees or plants were this one or daily garderner.

Since people have been saying daily gardener works fine for them with university, and writi_reg installed this mod and had with university installed and had the same exact experience I did, I can unfortunately, say it's highly likely it is this mod causing the fatal error with university that will permanantly corrupt lots.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 11:24 PM
Thanks goodness my sims can fun doing this now!

Thanks for making this hack! :D
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 11:50 PM
Motoki, All I did is remove gardening is fun from my downloads folder, and was able to return to my game, dorm, and students with no problem. Did you try that before you moved out your family and bulldozed your house?

My game suffered no after effects at all once I deleted "gardening is fun" from my folder. I even left the money trees in and they behaved normally after that deletion. I always try this method before I go to the extreme move that you did. As long as you can locate what you put in, and remove it, usually the game returns to normal.

What I do is have a folder I call "test" on my desktop where I hold the original download zips and rar files. Usually you can find what you need to delete by checking these files. Just a suggestion anyway.
Instructor
#36 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Writin_Reg
Motoki, All I did is remove gardening is fun from my downloads folder, and was able to return to my game, dorm, and students with no problem. Did you try that before you moved out your family and bulldozed your house?

Oh, duh, I didn't think to do that lol. Well anyhow they are settled into new house now and doing okay thankfully. I don't know why, but I guess I assumed the change was permanent. I'll definitely try yanking out the mod next time though before bulldozing. Thanks for the tip.

At least you seem to have narrowed down the problem to this mod, whereas I suspected it but wasn't really sure. Hopefully Ophidia can make and episode compatible version of it at some point as I rather liked it.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#37 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 4:45 AM
I wonder if it works just fine w/ the hack IF you don't put a money tree on the lot. Maybe there is a conflict with the two together. Can either of you confirm?
Instructor
#38 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 5:50 PM
As far as I know, as long as you don't have any money trees on a lot, it doesn't seem to have any problems with university. So I guess it's only problem if you intend to ever use money trees and I know a lot of people don't, but I do sometimes when my sims are just starting out.

Writing_Reg: was it also your experience that the only time you ad conflicts with this hack and university was when you had money trees on a lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 7:52 PM
Gosh, this sounds like a bit of a scary problem! I haven't got the University hack installed yet, so I'm afraid it's not a problem I can solve. My guess would be that the gardening scripts have been changed in the Uni expansion pack, and my version is rewriting them with the old ones from the original game, causing Bad Things to happen.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about this until I have a copy of the expansion in my sweaty hands, but I'll place a warning on the front page of this thread.

Thanks for all your testing efforts!
Instructor
#40 Old 8th Mar 2005 at 11:55 PM
Okay thanks for the info Ophidia. I look forward to an update but will wait patiently and force my sims to garden without fun in the meantime mwuhaha.
#41 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 5:27 AM
This sounds like a great mod, I hope we see the Uni compatible version soon.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 11:50 PM
ohhh i really miss the gargening from the Sims 1 .....i had this one woman who only had her garden ( as her income) she sold her veg and made an living for her and her tons of cats ..i miss that old lady ..
also had other one who the whole family did gardening ..
my father was an gardener so it makes me think of him ...even though i am not an gardener ....
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 9:49 PM
I loved this hack - I'm still hoping for an update to make it NL compatible? (Or is it already?)
Instructor
#44 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 11:49 PM
Default Nightlife compatible?
Maybe I overlooked the info, but does this hack work with Nightlife?

Apart from that: great idea, and I agree that gardening as a way to gain body points would be great. Slowing that process and/or making gardening fun only for some Sims sounds interesting too, but just the basic hack and the idea of expanding it to body points is a great idea already.

Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 5:04 PM
This one earned its keep when I found out that when I greet passing teens and they go inside to play with anything they can get their hands on, now they often gleefully attack my weeds!
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th May 2008 at 6:13 PM
I just wanted to tell you that this hack has worked great for me for 2+ years, I have Base game, UNI, NL, OFB & Pets (all unpatched)! If I say completely trouble-free will my game blow-up? Thanks really I hope you get this!
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 10:57 AM
it works! (i have all the ep till seasons.)
gardening makes happy!
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 3:23 PM
hi, does it ork with ep8?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 7:44 PM
Always wondered why this was a chore for everyone.
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sandya
Always wondered why this was a chore for everyone.

Because a lot of people (including myself) absolutely hate gardening. I hear people say how rewarding and relaxing it is but I don't get it. Great idea for a mod though as I also know many people who love gardening.
Page 2 of 3