Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#576 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 5:40 AM
That sounds like character corruption not a glitch. You might want to run hood checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#577 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 7:02 AM
I find all this very funny! Haven't had anything like that - only problems with some teens that I put through Uni - one of them reverted back to a teenager after she was married and had 2 kids - and lost all her skills. I could choose "Grow up", so I did. Then the gardeners came to party when my one family was at work and crowded the house - and the bathrooms, and the kitchen, and slept in all the beds - and did not leave when my family returned. My Sims really needed their bathrooms and beds, I was on the verge of doing something when the gardeners all suddenly decided to leave.
Mad Poster
#578 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 1:55 PM
It never occurred to me to just choose "grow up" the other day when I realized ex-tourist Joe Grundstrom had reverted to teen. I fixed it in SimPE, which was a pain in the kiester because my new computer refuses to even open SimPE and we still don't have it networked with the old one, so I had to zip the neighborhood up, carry it across the hall, unzip it, and make the changes - and then SimPE wouldn't save! I found that if I made and committed a change, and then saved it, it would work, but lord is that tedious.

Grow up won't fix the skills (and neither will SimPE; at least, if you only change them in SimPE they don't always take hold right), though, so I'll still need to fiddle with him with the testingcheats a bit. And while I was in there I went poking around and located a token that identified him as a tourist local, so I removed that, and maybe this won't happen again. It's the second time it's happened. And I was pretty upset about it, because I thought it would only have a chance of happening if he appeared on a vacation lot, so though I had backed up the neighborhood right before playing the vacations, since I hadn't seen him I hadn't checked him and I'd already played a full university rotation and half a downtown one before I had occasion to look in on his household in the main neighborhood. He'd gone to visit his old frat brothers and his newly-pregnant bride had accepted a flirt from the member of the household she still had love tags with (she'd woohooed all of them at one time or another), so I was looking to see how bad it was. Worse than I'd thought, it turned out. I had invited them with that risk in mind, figuring it was about 50/50 whether Joe or Gary caught Theodora cheating with the other - but with him flagged as a teen and me with no adult/teen romantic enabler, I had the odds all wrong! He was still flagged as married to and in love with her, though, because he got the full range of anger responses.

Anyway, I think it's all right now, though I forgot to check her pregnancy controller. And I wish I could figure out how to make SimPE work properly.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#579 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by loveyovey970
Those demon babies with super long fingers and crawl like bugs,,,, OH MY JELLO THEY ARE SCARRY

Really, this happens here too? One of the reason I went back to sims 2 from sims 3.
Field Researcher
#580 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:58 PM
My sister and I shared a game for years and still only play the one neighborhood if both of us are there. I forget which lot it was, possibly her Moore family, but for days on end the nanny moved in and the delivery guy (Stephen something or other) would randomly appear in the middle of the house and just stand there for days.

This one is probably a too low graphics issue, but I put the game on my laptop at one point and arms and legs would stretch the entire length of the screen. It was bizarre.

Salem Moore (oldest child in the above Moore family and the first Sim born into our game) went to his future girlfriend's (and future wife, they have three kids now) house when she aged up into a teen (I played faster than my sister did). We saved during the party and later she played his family's lot. Salem aged into a teen at his own house and at some point we went back to my Thompson's house. There was the newly teen Salem. The clothes were right. The height was not. Until he left the lot Salem looked like a child height teen which made for some interesting issue when he danced with his soon to be girlfriend (then best friend of long standing). It was pretty weird.

One of my Wilsons (ten siblings mostly black haired with a couple of brown haired kids thrown in the mix with a black haired mom and a brown haired dad) married one of my sister's Moore's (ten black haired siblings with a black haired dad and a red headed mom). Both husband and wife are black haired, so we expected black haired kids (especially since both of his parents have dominant hair colors). We were kind of stunned when their son Thomas was born blond. Looking at their parents and grandparents we were baffled until I remembered that Thomas was fourth generation for the Wilsons and that one of his grandparents (I don't recall which) was a blond(e) and the other had brown hair, so Thomas' grandfather Wilson has brown hair with blond recessive. After that we looked at the genetics of the other Wilson kids and about half of them have their dad's recessive blond rather than his dominant brown, which is why so very few of them had brown hair (Austin might be the only one), their black dominant, blond(e) recessive. We were still surprised, although not quite as much, when Thomas' sister turned out to be a redhead.

I mentioned my Thompsons above, but there is a rather fun little weird bit about them. Just as I did with the Wilsons, I created three generations in one household and then separated the households. The elder parents (Devon Sr. and Joan) were one brown haired, one redhead. Naturally all three adult children were brown haired. Glitchiness happened when I made them and the computer froze, so the black haired wife I meant for one of the brothers (Devon Jr.) was replaced on remake with a redhead (Felicia) that caught my attention so I decided to keep. The second son (Charles) had a blond haired wife (Kaitlyn) and the daughter (Chelsea) was single. I made one toddler (Salem's future wife, Daria). Genetics in sims seemed to dictate that with this genetic makeup brown would have a fifty-fifty chance and red would have a fifty-fifty chance in the first couple's kids. Thirteen kids, including the premade daughter who had brown hair and a half alien son from an accidental abduction (also brown haired) and ten of those kids had red haired. Only one child born in game to that couple (with both of them as parents) was brown haired. The second couple would seem to be fifty-fifty for brown with a one in four chance of red and a one in four chance of red. They have nine kids so far (I plan to give them the tenth kid eventually) and of those eight have red haired with one having blonde hair. Not a brown haired kid in the lot. The daughter, brown haired like her brothers married a brown haired guy (from the Wilson family with their blond ressessive gene). Her four kids are much more plausible for in game genetics. After two kids she had one brown haired and one red head. Their twins were both brown haired. (Their dad's younger brother married a redhead and their have six kids, three of them blonde, all girls I think.) I call this my Thompson Redhead Gene.
Lab Assistant
#581 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:42 PM
Mine isn't exactly Sims 2, but before I knew about downloading bad custom content for Sims 3, I tried downloading from the exchange and I got those horrible horse bodies, although I had never seen them before, so when my sim gave birth, I was entirely confused as to why the baby looked stretched and didn't really appear, and when I aged it, I was legitimately scared by what had come up, especially because I'm not altogether that good with horror stories/films so I sat there trying to figure it out for longer than I care to admit.
Scholar
#582 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:41 PM
Recently, I noticed my toddlers' lower teeth and gums dropping and being visible BENEATH their chin.

C-A
Mad Poster
#583 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 12:13 AM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 15th Sep 2014 at 12:27 AM.
During a cut scene where both teens were suppose to be having their first kiss, instead they just walked off in different directions at the beginning. The cut scene continued without anyone there. I still have no idea why that happened.

Oh and another glitch years and years ago (I think around OFB time because I don't think I had internet) I was in CAS and I wanted to rotate the Sim, instead the whole 'set' (I dunno what you'd call it) rotated, so I was no longer in that brick-room anymore, my sim was outside. It was pretty weird. I thought my game broke, it would happen multiple times. Hmm.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#584 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 12:32 AM
I don't know if it was a glitch, but I wanted Darren Dreamer to get married at the church, so I made a group of people and invited them on an outing. The wedding took place as normal, but I had scheduled a honeymoon. The shuttle arrived at the church and the entire group grabbed a suitcase and headed to Three Lakes! I had to leave the hotel without saving, cancel the honeymoon, and reschedule a vacation. When I loaded up the Dreamer lot, the outing timer was still going on, so Darren's wedding night got a great score.
Inventor
#585 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:21 PM
Some of my glitches (or 'surprises') over time:
A dog stuck in the bath tub. For the life of me I couldn't get it out. I didn't know whatelse to do anymore than give it up for adoption.
A teen sim taking out a baby from the crib suddenly had her arms behind her and carry the baby like that.
A sim with a toy ship stuck to its head.
Placing an electronic device on the lot (for example a stereo set) and suddenly not one sim moved anymore. (Solvable by deleting the item, but the first time it happened I freaked out a bit)
The game itself refusing to start. Later I found out I had to delete accessory.cache etc, (Found that info here, so thanks a lot after the fact ) and then it started like usual. Before that I never had to do that, so real panick here, lol.
Mad Poster
#586 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
A dog stuck in the bath tub. For the life of me I couldn't get it out.

I've had that happen. Also my sims could just use the bath as normal. I didn't notice the dog was stuck in there until I noticed my sim was bathing with the dog. I just thought it was a feature (It was when Pets was new) until it started complaining it was hungry.

Mad Poster
#587 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I've had that happen. Also my sims could just use the bath as normal. I didn't notice the dog was stuck in there until I noticed my sim was bathing with the dog. I just thought it was a feature (It was when Pets was new) until it started complaining it was hungry.

Man, sure wish you had snapped a pic of THAT!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#588 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It never occurred to me to just choose "grow up" the other day when I realized ex-tourist Joe Grundstrom had reverted to teen. I fixed it in SimPE, which was a pain in the kiester because my new computer refuses to even open SimPE and we still don't have it networked with the old one, so I had to zip the neighborhood up, carry it across the hall, unzip it, and make the changes - and then SimPE wouldn't save! I found that if I made and committed a change, and then saved it, it would work, but lord is that tedious.
[snip]
And I wish I could figure out how to make SimPE work properly.

It may be which download link you used to download SimPE. I had to use the "This is the one you have to unzip yourself and put it where you want" version of SimPE 0.72 and add the Mansions and Gardens patch to get SimPE to work. The 0.72 installer version just gave me a completely blank SimPE I couldn't do anything with, same with the 0.73 version.
Lab Assistant
#589 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:24 PM
When I had a defective PC and all sims looked far worse than demon babies in Sims 4 or had just a floating head.
Another was that my vampire sim suddenly started to pass through objects like a ghost. He could do everything fine, he just passed through tables. Then I discovered it was a bug caused by a wrong use of SimPE

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Inventor
#590 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I didn't notice the dog was stuck in there until I noticed my sim was bathing with the dog.

Didn't that look weird?
And my dog was about to die, so it either was calling to put it up for adoption or get it taken away.

Another 'scare' once when I just had the batbox and saw 'retrieve missing sim'. Missing sim? Nooooo.
So, I clicked it. Nothing happened. Triple bummer! Until it dawned on me. The so called missing sim was a sim that just was at work.
Mad Poster
#591 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:41 AM
"Move objects" didn't work? That's what I always use when sims get stuck.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#592 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

I did! Sadly it was so long ago it's buried under millions of other pictures on my photobucket.

I used moveobjects to delete him (I dunno why I didn't just move him) and then when I came back into the house, the dog acted like a puppy because I hadn't saved after it grew up. It was kinda cute watching a child pick up a fully grown dog to cuddle it, thank god it wasn't a large dog.

Lab Assistant
#593 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:16 PM
Way back in the day when Uni was the only EP out, I had a newly graduated sim move back to the main hood and she rolled the want to woohoo her young adult boyfriend. So I invited him over and they rapidly got down to it except the pie menu now allowed me to select "try for a baby" which it hadn't while they were going at like bunnies in university.

I selected TFB and heard the chimes. Saved her lot, leaving her throwing up in the toilet with a dummy and a question mark over her head, and went back the university hood where he was still a senior. Played his final year through and threw him a graduation party which they spent going at it like bunnies except for when she ran off to throw up and wonder if she was pregnant.

This was an unmodded game and because I hate playing university I thought it was normal when I started playing again and modding my game when Pets came out.
Mad Poster
#594 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:18 PM
It is normal isn't it? Her pregnancy wouldn't advance until you played her lot again.
Lab Assistant
#595 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It is normal isn't it? Her pregnancy wouldn't advance until you played her lot again.

Nope. She was an Adult and he was a Young Adult. They shouldn't have been able to have a child until he graduated.
Mad Poster
#596 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:34 PM
The man's age doesn't matter. Only the woman's age limits fertility. While you were on her lot, since she was an adult with plenty of days left to carry to term, Try for Baby was an option. That is pure vanilla code, right there.

Scholar
#597 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mechanon
Nope. She was an Adult and he was a Young Adult. They shouldn't have been able to have a child until he graduated.

Actually, no; a young adult female can't get pregnant (without a mod) because she lives at the University, but a young adult male can impregnate an adult woman because she lives in the main hood which has no reproduction restrictions.
Scholar
#598 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:16 PM
When I was first using playing the Sims: Life Stories and TS2, I would often have mysterious fires start. Nobody was cooking, there was nothing that broke, it was just random and I lost two families to these mystery fires
Mad Poster
#599 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:06 AM
Well this was super surprising...
Sharla Ottomas celebrated her birthday and since she was now old enough to date, she quickly invited boyfriend Terence Johnson out to his family's restaurant.
I thought the waitresses looked weird... on closer inspection...

Test Subject
#600 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

I had this happen to me and my sim instead went to play in the tub and ended up bouncing around on the dog. That's how I found out it was a bug--

It then proceeded to happen whenever I had an object taking up 1px of space against the tub. Sims can access the tub that way but bathing pets always got stuck, and when I used boolprop to force an error and reset them, my sim would not be able to interact with that pet until I used controlpets to make the pet interact with the sim, then the sim would get a bubble menu when selecting the pet again instead of "there are no actions available". It did scare me quite a lot! But as long as I bathe pets in a bathtub with no obstructions, it doesn't happen to me.
Page 24 of 25