Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 1:22 PM
Can anyone mesh her outfit?I've tried but...heh...II think her breasts need to be bigger *giggle*
Advertisement
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#102 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 1:23 PM
I like her, I think those little changes really made a difference. Keep working on her (changes VoD suggested), she'll look even lovelier I'm sure

Don't leave her completely without make-up, just make things like blush or lipstick more natural.

As for the outfit, you could use the mesh we suggested a while ago (on of Warlokk's bodyshapes ) then simply recolor it. Her outfit consists of leaves anyway, no need for a new mesh
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#103 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 2:26 PM
Super news!!!I've found my PI image in colored versions!her face differs though..and their skins too..but dunno tell me what u think...:

Instructor
#104 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 4:24 PM
If your making poison Ivy you don't have to get it exactly the same as the picture. Just make her how you imagine her to be, but keep her original
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#105 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 4:34 PM
Are you sure?Cause if you've read my letter(Posted in the previous page) it says to be identical to the image otherwise it wouldn't be too difficult for me..

---------> i have warlock's bodyshapes but recoloring skins is not my pie.Then this makes her face perfect i love it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#106 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 4:56 PM
Well #update#!!!
I applied your suggestions and here's the result.I cant see important changes but i guess you know better.
(*new eyebrows)

Field Researcher
#107 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:38 PM
She's really good!You'll use blue or green eyes?

What I do...I do it for friendship!
-Terra<3
(I adore this guy!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#108 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:41 PM
Ehm, they are not blue..!They are green but i guess bodyshop's ''good'' lighting makes them like that..
I'm thinking of uploading the eyes..
#109 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 7:17 PM
More pinch on the top lip, 2 click
1 click more pinch on bottom lip
eyes a click or two more squinted.
The entire face 2-3 clicks higher
Chin 2 clicks pointier
nose and mouth 2 clicks higher.
Her cheeks sucked in a clcik or two.

Not sure about this, but something about the mose I son't like, so the below suggestions may not work, so do them separatly.
Make her nose a click larger.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#110 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 7:20 PM
Yes, the nose is now too thin because of the skins lighting(just like my avatar).Ok gonna apply them!
Instructor
#111 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnitaSims
Are you sure?Cause if you've read my letter(Posted in the previous page) it says to be identical to the image otherwise it wouldn't be too difficult for me..

---------> i have warlock's bodyshapes but recoloring skins is not my pie.Then this makes her face perfect i love it.

Well because there are so many ideas on what Poison Ivy looks like you can do what you want with her. This means you can use a collage of reference pictures without her having to look like all of them.

Anyway to make this sim really stand out you might want to create your own cc for it because that shows how much effort you have put into it, and it also makes it more interesting.

My example is this
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=385300

This sim would be alright on its own, but because so much effort has been put into the cc for it I think it makes this sim fantastic
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#112 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 10:50 PM
Yes i've seen this sim but it is not a celebrity, it's open fantasy.I've posted my R letter and as you can see it says her face needs more sculpting.Without the original image my PI seems to be the PI in everyone's eyes but when someones sees her by the image can see many differences.So if i'd put a collage of many images (and leave her like she is?) the difference will be even bigger!I'm sure mods will not like that either.
#113 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 2:25 AM
While your sim needs to look like your pictures, it doesn't have to be exact. Just make sure you put somewhere in your post that you are doing a Ivy, not a specific one. They didn;t deny your upload because she didn;t look like her picture, they denied her because she looks too Maxis-y.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#114 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 3:14 PM
Well now i begin to understand...(thank you).Ok then(i disagree she doesnt) if i make her face beautyful and unique at once without basing her in ant image and put many images too, will she get accepted?I'm starting!
Instructor
#115 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 3:59 PM
Anyway going back to my last post are you considering making a skin for your sim?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#116 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 4:24 PM
Of course not!If there's something that will remain unchanged that is the skin!
Something other,sounds weird but whatever changes i do to her face she still looks like a maxis default face..i cant understand..
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 5:21 PM Last edited by hatthecat123 : 29th Jun 2010 at 5:23 PM. Reason: more info
for eyeliner i would use a very natural lashes like anva's http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=276658 you'll probably need to shorten them since otherwise they might become distorted or though check this out first, my avatar is wearing them. also her bottom lip should be wider and a bit less er tall best of luck!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#118 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:30 PM
thank you hatthecat i will test them!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#119 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:38 PM
Well, i'm back to solve that-ridiculus already- problem with Ivy's face!I looked all over the MTS2 and a found sims made very real and sims that are not so far from a maxis default template.I compared my Ivy(and Dulcina) and i have to say that..i feel somehow.I made an image showing that Ivy's face is unique, and i'm going to erupt like Filand's volcano in any opposite opinion!!!(In fact no, tell enything you believe.:-)

I know what you are going to tell!''Ah, you've just made her face 3 click higher,ah you made only some little ajustments..''
but i think that whatever i did the results shows two differenr sims.
Or i must be crazy.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#120 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:53 PM
Okay, right...you're not gonna like this, but, yeah, still not looking unique enough. The general shape of her face is the same as the Maxis one, her nose and lips look very similar as well. To be honest (and I have to, because I wanna help you), all I can see different is that her eyes are wider, her brows more down turned and her face is higher, and you messed around with her chin a little.

I trust you when you say you worked hard on this, but you really mustn't be afraid to experiment. To make a unique sim you have to play with sliders, see what looks good, what doesn't, pick a feature that you want to be most prominent and then work on it. I know this is getting frustrating for you, but you seem to think that she will be ugly if you try making her more unique. It doesn't have to be so, a sim can really only get ugly if you overdo it, and get it to the point where it looks all distorted and lumpy. Unique sims are much prettier that just pretty sims, IMO.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#121 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:58 PM
Well...What you said is REALLY helpful..Cause you told me exactly what seems different and what not, so i know what i have to improve... Ok i will try again and again and again till she gets accepted!It is not good to let all this hard work hidden in my own folders.. I will improve her right now.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#122 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:59 PM
I know one thing that's helped a lot in creating unique TS3 sims for me is to go through and either max or min out all the sliders - either go all max, or all min, or a mix of them. Then adjust back -just- until the sim stops looking freakish. Then give yourself one more pass over them to tweak to make 'em prettier. You might end up with a result that you totally didn't expect - but it's almost always interesting and unique. I'll bet the same works really well with TS2 sims.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#123 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:03 PM
That's the spirit! I'm sure when you get this one right, it will be easier for you in the future to make a unique sim.
Instructor
#124 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:03 PM
Okay I'm gonna have to agree with mistyblue so I'm not gonna repeat what she said

Anyway what I will say is that I think with the makeup you really need to tone it down, especially the eyeliner. To me it looks a little too much for someone as natural as Poison Ivy

Good luck with this sim! I really hope you do get her uploaded sometime soon!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#125 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:05 PM
Hah, i've never though of trying such thing..XD.It must be really funny but helpful only when creating fantastic sims and not celebrities..
Thank you misty, i'm sure that if i manage it then things will be more simple..
Harry, you're right she is a natural person but you know, PI is a sexy woman too, so i have to decide between an natural Ivy with an angry face or an sexy ivy with make up..
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos & links
Page 5 of 8