Replies: 169 (Who?), Viewed: 30898 times.
Page 6 of 7
Mad Poster
#126 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 3:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowenaLupin
Clothes if I remember correctly were a lot more hardy back then. Everything was really well made, and a lot of it was more expensive than what you see today. Now, I have to decide on this SP or my annoying vice. I have enough for one or the other.

Yeah, this jeans was well made, consider how large and wide the zippers are constructed.

The wire clothes hangers were more hardy back then also. Back then to twist and fasten a wire hanger was not easily manipulated by hand. Needed wire pliers to do that. Just thread the hook part to an opening on the zipper mechanism and pull up. Once you have worn them down during the day, you don't have to worry about that anymore, the pants will loosen up a bit.

Took a while before the zipper broke, at least by the end of the school year.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#127 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 3:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMimi
Wow! The BBS is boiling: people are unable to redeem the pinball, the new TV has a crappy image moodlet... And more seriously EA broke the game music! People reports having no music at all anymore. That's an amazing fail. Haven't got the SP yet but now I'm afraid to grab it

Geez... this has scared me too now... Will wait till the issues are solved. (I'm probably gonna be waiting a long time )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#128 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 4:13 PM
I don't think the TV moodlet is a bug - it is an older Television. I play with the sound off, so no biggy.

If you want a nice laugh, the items in the games 'coding' are marked as 'Decades'.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#129 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 4:40 PM
From what I'm reading the new radio stations music is indeed kaput but the old stations still work. *sigh* I guess a new patch is coming soon. What a truly epic fail though. How come Fast Lane didn't have any problem?! (beside plaguing us with befriending a car...)

I personally don't mind the TV crappy image moodlet as I like torturing my sims with bad moodlets (the game is WAY too easy) and yes that TV model deserves the crappy image moodlet lol. I checked online that TV model characteristics and even though it's truly an amazing design, it's technically a total crap. Plus the bad image moodlet disappears as soon as the TV is off, I'm more concerned about bad quality moodlets that still go on for hours after the action is already finished. Like the cold shower one (and the bad fridge IIRC?), this one always get on my nerves. Can you let me use the showers I want, stupid game?!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#130 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 6:49 PM
Seems there is already a patch out to address the music issue. Welcome, patch 1.48! http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/413122564
Top Secret Researcher
#131 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 7:55 PM Last edited by zigersimmer : 22nd Jan 2013 at 8:11 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babele44

Oh, the joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerchick
Just goes to show that different things are fads in different places. I'd never heard of or seen these until now, and we're the same age.

In my school, the big thing was Aigner purses. Or what about Laura Ashley granny/prairie dresses? Earth shoes? Wire-frame glasses? (I know we have the aviator sunglasses in the basegame, but in the 1970s, people wore those with clear glass or that indoor/outdoor changing glass.) Girls wore Danskins wrap skirts and spaghetti strap leotards to the disco, what about that? And people keep saying we get a leisure suit with this SP, but what we're getting is a 1970s three piece tailored suit, worn without a tie; a leisure suit is two pieces and very casual in appearance with a jacket constructed more like a work shirt than a suit jacket.

For the 1980s they couldn't give us those ridiculously over-sized oxford shirts?

For an encyclopedic view of typical women's fashion from the '70s, watch any episode of Eight is Enough.
Top Secret Researcher
DELETED POST
22nd Jan 2013 at 8:09 PM
This message has been deleted by zigersimmer. Reason: sequential posting
Mad Poster
#132 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 8:36 PM
I am amazed that while I slept, EA fixed their goof up. Wow!

I didn't hear anything when I started loading the splash page, turned up the volume while it was loading and when I got to the main menu, blasted at high volume. When I got to the lot, no music was heard, just the background noises was loud. I have to check my sound settings because I have all that turned down.

After that I went to build mode on a Retro lot and saw the assets. Not very useful. I understood the TV would give a bad moodlet, all of them had an entertainment value of 3. I had a hope one would be kind of nice like the Generations Retro TV. It doesn't go bad the first time your Sims use it.

Did fix up the Disco in Hidden Springs with the lighted floors and wall pieces. Now that I am up, I want to check it out.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 8:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babele44
Seems there is already a patch out to address the music issue. Welcome, patch 1.48! http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/413122564

That link doesn't work for me. It just gives a 404 error.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#134 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:44 PM
I'm still wondering why the 90's has 5 objects. I'd rather have a distressed couch than that hideous 80's couch that I'll never use. >_>

Actually, most of the 80's stuff is garbage, but those 80's Pin-Up posters are flawless.

Scholar
#135 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
Well, I was a teen at the time and nothing was uncomfortable, especially when you wore jeans so tight that you needed to lay down and use a wire clothes hanger to help you zip up your jeans. Crazy times and yes I did suffer for fashion. I admit I was a clothes whore.

Oh gawd! I remember doing that. Or, you could use a fork. I knew someone who stabbed themselves in the eye when the zipper puller-thingy snapped while she was doing up her friends pants. Ouch! Still makes me cringe just thinking about it, and it was nearly 30 years ago.
Forum Resident
#136 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigersimmer
For an encyclopedic view of typical women's fashion from the '70s, watch any episode of Eight is Enough.

I lived it; don't need to watch that or Three's Company, Good Times, or Saturday Night Fever...
Scholar
#137 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerchick
I lived it; don't need to watch that or Three's Company, Good Times, or Saturday Night Fever...

Thankfully, I was a kid for most of it. It seemed like the whole world was made of denim, brown, burnt orange and green.
Scholar
#138 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I'm still wondering why the 90's has 5 objects. I'd rather have a distressed couch than that hideous 80's couch that I'll never use. >_>

Actually, most of the 80's stuff is garbage, but those 80's Pin-Up posters are flawless.

ONLY 5 OBJECTS? No stop shut up. You're kidding right?
Wait, this is an EA game. That sounds about right.
Top Secret Researcher
#139 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 3:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeval99
Thankfully, I was a kid for most of it. It seemed like the whole world was made of denim, brown, burnt orange and green.

You left out corduroy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#140 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 5:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Racer
ONLY 5 OBJECTS? No stop shut up. You're kidding right?
Wait, this is an EA game. That sounds about right.

It's bothersome because they could have used their resources better. Like, really, who's going to use that ugly deformed couch? That lightening bolt coffee table? That boombox? They aren't practical. A matching grunge couch and industrial "something else" else would have done this pack good.

Industrial has more use for the game than "80s". You can't design with a space with the 80s except an 80s space, which is a very tacky decade. The 70's held up. A lot of what they've given to us from that decade will be of use.

Top Secret Researcher
#141 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 2:59 PM
I should stop watching pics 'cause I'm totally sold. I'm in love with that lounge chair, the so few indus items will be abused in my game (That lamp is to die for!). That huge boombox is pefect for male teens bedrooms, rebellious sims and for my basement entertainment rooms which I always decorate with unassorted furniture & knick knacks. And also for the upcoming university students! I'll use the 70's items in modern/futuristic interiors with monochromic dull colors. The tacky 80's neon things are perfect for nightclubs and for those diva sims with popstar-ish LTWs. I like the clothes - finally different meshes/styles/shapes (There's even a female outfit with shoulder pads!). The clothes oddly makes me think of Sims 1 and the Urbz I also need that makeup for my popstar sims. I mean the pack is even worth getting just for the 3 radio stations, the disco floor & wall panels!

Cons: as all SPs I don't think it's worth 20 bucks, I'ld wait for a better price, like 10 or 15 bucks max. Plus I'll have to make a default to recategorize some of the clothing (nope EA, a workout outfit is NOT everyday, neither is sport shorts!)
Top Secret Researcher
#142 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 4:17 PM
It would have made more sense to make a store set for each decade. A little recolor here, an afro there. Voila! Three times the profit.
Scholar
#143 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 4:24 PM
Quote:
You left out corduroy.

I've worked very hard to repress that memory.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 6:33 PM
Quote:
It would have made more sense to make a store set for each decade. A little recolor here, an afro there. Voila! Three times the profit.

I was thinking about that last night. Would have made a killing off each set and got more from the store than this SP. Maybe the store team could have made something of better quality, since they are a different team from the SP team. They did bring an afro style out.

Top Secret Researcher
#145 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 6:38 PM
Don't worry, the ripped off store set is coming soon. You can always count on EA for that.
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:10 PM
I have bought every EP & SP thus released, & 95% of the store content..While I may not agree or use each & every little thing from each title,its nice to have a broad array of pickings lol. I'm not worried about bloating & slowdown quite yet,but I've seen people here mention they are with all these titles.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Scholar
#147 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:33 PM
Honestly I think the Store people have a bigger budget than the SP people, and have better members too. I guess they pulled all the talented people from EP/SP production and stuck them on the Store. The store has alot of amazing content that cant even compare to some EP content, (That Indian International set or whatever its called is just...) Plus store worlds are, perfect, while EP worlds are just a hot ass mess.
It is what it is and this series will hopefully be over by the end of the year so Im dont really care that much anyway anymore
On a side note; something ive always wondered about this game, what is with EAsbsession with giving us ultra minimalistic modern stuff, or ridiculous futuristic modern stuff with weird designs and glowing bits? It was cool at first, but now its just way out of hand (3 or 4 EPs/SP plus store sets come with weirdly designs glowy future stuff, like why do we need all that really? Id kill for some TS1 set conversions, with expansion of the set to give more content, but they just want to make incredibly taste-specific items for the game (usually luxury items from what im seeing) *huff* And then Time Travel Futer EP or whatever-the-hell is gonna make it worse uugghhh why.
Top Secret Researcher
#148 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:53 PM
I'm not sure if you're serious, Night Racer. Store worlds are perfect? You do realize that Sunlit Tides and Disaster Bay are store worlds, yes?

As for the futuristic looking stuff, there's an expansion planned for that.
Alchemist
#149 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 9:27 PM
Is there really only one armchair in the distressed category?
Mad Poster
#150 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 9:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applefeather2
Is there really only one armchair in the distressed category?

It is very disappointing, hardly anything matches, and why no distressed sofa? 31 items for build/buy, Looking at the fact sheet at SimsVIP, I counted about 27 CAS assets. Boy, the SPs are being cut back, like grocery store items are being reduced for the same or higher price.

Page 6 of 7