Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:05 PM
Default Sim slavery (or: Servos that look like sims)
Ok, I'm not THAT sick. I'm trying to make a reasonably accurate Roman neighborhood, and Rome was a slave society, so there we are.

I need to be able to either sell sims or to sell servos that look like sims. So, number one, is there any way to place sims as objects for sale? No, of course not; Maxis isn't that sick either. Number two, then, when you have a hack that allows you to make servos look like people-sims, will they look like people sims before they're activated? I mean, while they're in the shop. Or is there any way to sell activated servos? So they won't be all folded up...

Thanks... Weird and creepy, I know, but I need to know ._.;
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:22 PM
Maybe you could get an accessory to explain why the slaves are crouched like that.

Slaves sometimes ran away if they weren't bound.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 1:40 PM
I've never used servos that look like sims, but I think it would be the best bet.....I don't think theres any way to sell off sims.

Although I suppose you could have a "breeding family" who just had kids. Then wait until they were children and put them up for adoption. Then whoever wants them could just ring the adoption agency....Or if you don't want them that young, you could just move sims in and use the familyfunds thing to make it appear as though they paid for that sim.....Thats the only ways I could think of doing it with sims.

The servos hack always reminds me of a wierd bug I had with OFB.....In their formal outfits, my servos always had half a face....creepy.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
#4 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 9:14 PM
You know i've never seen that lol I need to get a Servo and put it in formal wear. I was reading a tutorial on the official site someone had written where they used SimPE to makeover their Servos to look like sims. I'll post the linkage once I find it for anyone who may be interested.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=113665
Site Helper
#5 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 8:21 PM
The thread for how to get your sims to pose on beds, etc. gave me an idea you might be able to use if you need to.

Sims can be placed on the magisplay with move objects. You will need to turn free will off or use some other hack to keep them there. I don't know if you can label the magisplay for sale, but you can label things for sale that the magisplay is sitting on. That would make it look like the sim is for sale. Of course you would then need to combine the "sold" sim into the buyer's household, and the buyer would get a surface of some sort added into the purchase.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#6 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 3:00 PM
U Can Do It!!
ok this is how you make servo look like a sim..
in the neighborhood view press: ctrl shift C
and then enter: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
enter a house and make a servo.
bring the servo to life as a male/female.
press SHIFT and click on the servo.
select: MORE and the select: SPAWN
then select: MORE
and then select: SIM MODDER
press the sim modder (the little baby shaped thing..)
select: SET AGE
select: ME(your servo's name)
select: child/adult/toddler/elder/ teen.
now your servo looks like a sim but behaves like a servo (u still need to recharge him/her and u can power him/her down/ ask them to do chores)
the only problem is your servo is already alive so u cant sell it.
but now it can be your slave!!

have fun..
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2tinky
now your servo looks like a sim but behaves like a servo (u still need to recharge him/her and u can power him/her down/ ask them to do chores)

Poor servo-sim will look like the immortal guy from the movie Highlander, but in a robe.
#8 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 3:58 PM
You can age the servo using boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true, and because servo dosen't have a elder model, he'l look like a normal(elder, but normal) sim. Anyway, you can use your imagination and make it look like an adult...(a hat or sumthin)