Replies: 3892 (Who?), Viewed: 121866 times.
Page 156 of 156
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3876 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 2:14 PM
I'm going to be a queen for the day; Queen of Procrastination.

I need to move things out of the way so the plumber can do his plumbing stuff this this week. Time is money. The longer he has to be at the house, the more it costs me. It isn't as if there is much to move, I just don't feel like doing it.  I'd rather sit around listening to a audiobook and enjoying the peace that is my game.
Top Secret Researcher
#3877 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:24 PM
Truce day in the Battle of Blackberry Vines. I advanced the front lines 3 meters along the embankment yesterday. There's another 13 meters to where I can capture the area where the evil blackberries have broken through my fence. I'm full of holes and band-aids(tm) from the defensive blackberry thorns.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#3878 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 11:20 PM
Phyllis, Mabel...hold my calls. I have some serious shit to account for in personal expenditures.

I had recently been talked down to by my father after the so-called bloat was accounted as such. I know the dangers of eating too much or too little! Gah!

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#3879 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 10:24 AM
Spend my day off today re-playing one of the video games from my childhood, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.
Hours upon hours upon hours, and then I get stuck trying to get all the orbs at scout flies in lava tube.
Now I know why I stopped playing the first time

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
#3880 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 12:10 PM
I also had a day off and spent most of it playing Sims, but I did get a walk in, and vacuumed the place, so it felt productive. Back to tedium tomorrow. I wish I had a three day weekend every weekend. It was good.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3881 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 12:45 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 10th Aug 2020 at 8:18 PM.
It is house re-plumb day.  I'm not looking forward to it.  It isn't because I lack faith in my plumber. I have been giving him my business for over 20 years and he has never done wrong by me, but it is going to be a long day.  I'm going to hole myself up in my office and play my game except when the dogs need to go out and whatever else needs my attention.

This whole thing only has to happen once; thank goodness for that and for the fact that I have a small house.  I can't imagine having to go through this with a large house with many bathrooms, bar sinks and all the other stuff people think is handy until something breaks.

EDIT: The house is re-plumbed.  There are still a couple of things that need to be done, but the worst of it is done and over with.  What is left won't take long but stuff needed to be ordered and or it is on its way.  Once this project is done, we get to move on to something else.  It is either going to be a new roof ( ours isn't leaking, but it is going on 24 years old from when we replaced it the first time) or gut and fix the upstairs bathroom.  
Mad Poster
#3882 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 9:29 PM
"Phyllis, Mabel...has it been 6 years since you were instated as my secretaries? I have been trying to tell you that, when I wanted to make friends....

I didn't mean with the T800 Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 body. However, I have to say the model involved can at least be a bodyguard."

Lately, I plan on drawing my feelings in a hardbound sketch book

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3883 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 11:22 AM
Dear Mother Nature,

Could you please relent with the heat and humidity? I have walls and ceilings I want to paint. I cannot accomplish these things with the current weather pattern as it will not only make such tasks miserable, but also the paint will not dry in a timely fashion. Nobody wants drip marks because was paint rolling down a wall...
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3884 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 5:06 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 11th Aug 2020 at 10:12 PM.
How am I today? Same as every other day. Mad, sad, disgusted, pissed off, in disbelief..

If ya don't know, we've been homeless all year and we were in a shelter that closed middle of June. We've been staying at a motel since then and we've got until 10 next Monday morning.. Then we're out.

While we were still in the shelter we paid off what was owed to the housing (a almost $4,000) and we assured multiple times that we could reapply and get an apron problem. Well, the housing manager of the complex we applied for denied us. WTF?? No problem taking our money and letting us go through almost the whole process..

Anyway. I've been trying to get ahold of multiple agencies - including HUD, who should really be able to help. I call. I leave nessages. I send emsils. NOTHING. NOBODY CALLS OR EMAILS ME BACK.

So next week? Living in the van since the shelter isn't open and we have no relatives or friends to stay with. Yeah. I'm so done with this shit it's not funny.

Edit: someone from HUD called me back today - after I called yet again - and could only suggest a shelter about 2 hours from us. Which I can't do as I have to be in this area. I have doctor appointments coming up and a stress test to be done. So. *sigh*
Mad Poster
#3885 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 8:52 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Aug 2020 at 12:52 AM.
Somewhat pissed off at members (and ex-members) of my extended family. Ex and her family are being extraordinarily crappy toward my brother, a couple members of my mom's family are doing some annoying stuff to piss her off, and anything I say is being more or less ignored as per usual. Which means the mood in the house is rather low at the moment. So nothing new, I guess.
#3886 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 6:22 AM
Quarantine, boring-tine - finished my calculus class a couple of days ago, and with a lower grade than I was hoping I'd get, but luckily I get a second shot at it. Just have to make sure to keep all my notes in one place...

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3887 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 9:50 AM
Mad Poster
#3888 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 6:51 PM
Yet another day my hair appointment was cancelled. My father spent the past couple of weeks trying to fit a shampoo, haircut and flattening and we were going to ask if there were products (like tools and accompanied product) we could use to keep it flat as when I wash it, it becomes a curled, kinked mess.

Top Secret Researcher
#3889 Old Yesterday at 2:17 AM
I'm a little bit miffed because the IEEE has gone full "woke" and mostly what they do is give each other awards and recognition. There's hardly any technical content there anymore! I get more technical content from arXiv, Texas Instruments, ARM etc. And what the IEEE does have is a bunch of garbage papers about using matrices to track robotic arms; there's nothing new like there once was 20 years ago. I mean, lots of articles on the level of "Covid-19 technology"; IEEE Spectrum has become Popular Science, most of the articles aren't even about Electrical Engineering. What the IEEE is today is Nothing like what it was 35 years ago when I was a poor student!

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3890 Old Yesterday at 4:24 PM
I made candles which is exciting in my world. It took less than a hour to make four 1/2 pint jar candles. The advice given to pour wax at 150 degrees was spot on. All candles have smooth tops with no cracks.

I've never smelled beeswax before so I had no idea what to expect.  It has a natural, but not overbearing floral scent to it.  I'm glad I decided to pass on adding scent as it isn't necessary.  Now the waiting game for the candles to completely cure ( it takes a hour to 3 hours depending on room temp) is on. I need to test burn one of them to see if the wicks I bought are any good or not.  I hope they are as I bought a pack of 100 of them.  I've read that beeswax candles should have thicker wicks; I'll be finding that out.  If I have to buy something different, I will.
Mad Poster
#3891 Old Yesterday at 11:07 PM
The Help Me hotline checked in on me and I'm so-so.

When you live far away in the Hermitage, services are a drive away.

Mad Poster
#3892 Old Today at 2:10 AM
A few people that I spoke to the other day said that the town that I live in, that they're going to extend the so called "border bubble" part way through my town
Which means that I'll need a permit to travel for work (I'm basically 1.5k from work)
I hope to god that that doesn't eventuate, because it will screw with a lot of people

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
#3893 Old Today at 2:12 AM
Pretty good. You know how it is when someone in your house is a mask extremist and they've been shopping and are now all worked up in a rant? It doesn't matter what far end of the mask issue. And you just want to find a nice fallout shelter and wait it out until the radiation decays? Yeah.

Sims are better than us.
Page 156 of 156