Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 3:36 PM Last edited by iClockHatchet : 23rd Mar 2020 at 5:37 PM. Reason: The initial problem is now solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims can't pass through any door now (solved)
I just installed Sims 2 seasons and for some reason all doors in all lots became...nonpassable. like the door will open but Sims will halt there and the action cancels itself. The door then closes like normal. Why is this happening?( I have no cc relating to doors or anything)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iClockHatchet
I just installed Sims 2 seasons and for some reason all doors in all lots became...nonpassable. like the door will open but Sims will halt there and the action cancels itself. The door then closes like normal. Why is this happening?( I have no cc relating to doors or anything)

You should make a backup copy and then test with your copy.

Then You should test with TestingCheats on, type bool prop TestingCheatsEnabled true in the cheat window and then see if you get errors, chances are there is some kind of mod or something that is causing this. You do not have to have CC relating to Doors to get some kind of error like this. You might want to test with out mods and see what happens as well to make sure that it is not a mod

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 3:32 AM
I'd imagine it could be CC related to changing clothes, especially outerwear and other clothes sims will change to in doorways. It hink in Seasons the game performs some kind of "should this sim change clothes now?" check every time they want to pass through a door (or during certain circumstances - I don't know the details), and if an old mod has code that interferes with this action, then sims will throw an invisible error (may reset their body pose). If it's a continuous error, you get jump bugs (sims reset around themselves multiple times so it looks like they're jumping in a circle). You'd probably see the error if you had Testingcheats enabled.

If you add a new EP you have to make sure all your existing mods are compatible with that EP. You can't just expect them to work fine. backup your game, pull all non-essential mods out (to a folder on your desktop or something), see if that does the trick. If not, pull the rest of your mods. If that doesn't help, pull the rest of your CC. At the point where the problem disappears, first see if any mods could be interfering with doors, changing clothes, be not updated for Seasons, etc. And if that isn't helpful, do a 50/50 search for the mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 11:41 AM Last edited by iClockHatchet : 22nd Mar 2020 at 10:59 AM.
Ohhhhh okay I'll be testing all my mods and backup now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 11:03 AM
Okayyy so yes after removing two mods I got everything back to normal. Thanks all! Now will this thread get automatically tagged solved or do I have to make it myself?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iClockHatchet
Okayyy so yes after removing two mods I got everything back to normal. Thanks all! Now will this thread get automatically tagged solved or do I have to make it myself?

Can you tell us what the mods were because this is how we help each other. Then go to your original post, edit and add (solved) into the title.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 5:33 PM
Oh yes it's the fatd-clothes controller mod here in Mts. (They also uploaded other versions of this mod according to seasons so I will try that too later on). The other mod is along with that said mod (the door mod. I didn't check before the creator's name, so it's basically one mod but two files)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 11:37 PM
This http://modthesims.info/d/148734/fat...-29th-2008.html Perhaps you grabbed the wrong version.
I use the appt life version myself no worries.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~