Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 372 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 10:52 AM Last edited by Morbidmuch : 22nd Apr 2020 at 7:53 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Scriptorium on UC won't work after updating game
I recently updated my UC on origin, and now I can't get Script files to work.

I've had to update once before, because I got an error message (The Sims 2 is not installed on this system, or some required files have been deleted. This expansion pack requires The Sims 2 in order to run. Please install The Sims 2 before attempting to run this application.) when I tried to open UC. When I started my game, I had to redo the graphics (I play on win 10) and the script files for modular stairs and fireplaces. Everything worked fine and dandy.

This time though, no matter what I do the script files won't read. When I open the scriptorium file, all the scrips for the modular stairs are there, but they don't show up in game. All other custom content shows, so it's not an issue with that. I just can't figure out why it's not working, or what I need to try to get it working.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 3:00 PM
Updating the game is more or less the same as reinstalling or changing the game back to default settings, so it's possible it's wiped out some of the references to the Scriptorium. You may have to try to reinstall the Scriptorium or check that everything is in place so it points to the right files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 8:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Updating the game is more or less the same as reinstalling or changing the game back to default settings, so it's possible it's wiped out some of the references to the Scriptorium. You may have to try to reinstall the Scriptorium or check that everything is in place so it points to the right files.

It worked! Thank you for the help x