Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2020 at 7:29 AM Last edited by demnas : 4th May 2020 at 4:50 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Alien pregnancy just won't happen (Solved)
Hey all, I want to apologize in advance that this is long winded. So I went to get my sim alien pregnant (as one does) and well,...it's just not working. I swear I've tried everything, so I'm here now after doing a big uninstall and clean reinstall to no avail...
I tried getting him abducted the old fashioned way, even with a 100% chance of pregnancy from No Alien Sexism mod - he got abducted, but no pregnancy.
I tried forcing it with the Tombstone of L and D - nothing.
I tried forcing it with the Sim Blender - nothing!

With the force methods, I didn't get an error or anything like that, it just didn't do anything. I waited days, I checked to see if there were pregnancy options on those objects, and they just didn't work.
Now, at first, I thought there was an issue with the multi PT mod I was using, so I took it out and tested everything again, and again got no results. Then, I took out my ENTIRE downloads folder, loaded up a new hood, and again, no alien babies to be found.

So finally I gave in, backed everything up, and reinstalled the game. I went in completely CC free, then I went in with just the Sim Blender and No Alien Sexism mod, either way it STILL wouldn't work. So I'm basically at my wit's end.
I did test to make sure it wasn't just male pregnancy that was the problem by using Sim Blender to impregnate him with a random sim and he had a baby just fine, but alien babies? Nope. It's almost as if I still have a Multi PT mod conflicting, but I can guarantee with 100% certainty that this should be a new fresh install of the game.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
(I hope I chose the right category, wasn't really sure)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th May 2020 at 12:33 PM Last edited by topp : 4th May 2020 at 12:41 PM. Reason: added link
Can you try copying over N002 (Strangetown) to your documents folder, if don't already have unplayed Strangetown in the game? You can test an ongoing alien pregnancy (Pascal Curious) and see if Pollination Technician gets properly assigned as a parent to the alien baby, or try abducting Vidcund Curious. There is a script on that lot which guarantees that an alien abduction will happen for that sim if you have him stargaze on a telescope. Don't use "Summon Aliens" LTA reward from Free Time for Vidcund!

Edit: you can either copy over N002 from your game files, or you can download this clean version by Dorsal Axe which still features scripted events. I recommend this option instead of the game files one, because their version claims to fix corrupted data from the neighborhood.

Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2020 at 4:20 PM
Is the sim a first-generation alien? If they have an alien dad already, they can't get impregnated by the same one. I think if you have a multi-PT hack and that hack picks a different alien to do the impregnating it'll work, but that's a random chance based on how many PTs you have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2020 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
-snip-

Thanks so much, I went ahead and used the fixed hood to try it out - but before I did that, I woke up this morning and remembered that the last time I had a problem I couldn't figure out, it's because I had CC hiding in the Sims 2 folders somewhere other than downloads. So I peeked in my folder...and I was keeping two different Multi PT mods hiding in the folders...for some reason. I don't know why they were there, or when I put them there, but...I took them all out and everything worked fine. (I guess reinstalling wouldn't have done that for me, huh.)

Basically I feel super dumb hahaha. Last night I was so exhausted with trying to figure it out I didn't have the capacity to consider this solution...I'm sorry I'm such an airhead, haha. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate you taking the time to do so! I'll mark as solved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2020 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Is the sim a first-generation alien? If they have an alien dad already, they can't get impregnated by the same one. I think if you have a multi-PT hack and that hack picks a different alien to do the impregnating it'll work, but that's a random chance based on how many PTs you have.

Nah, they were a regular sim. I figured it out, though, thankfully, was just me being dumb after all.