Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:08 PM
Default Can I build a waterfall with the game water?
I'd really like to know if I could create a waterfall in my lot, but without the water terrain, wich I get tired of using, and with the true game water. Can I?
Advertisement
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:00 PM
Hmm, I know Mike Inside has a tutorial for making water slides and I could swear there's a tute for waterfalls too, but I'm not finding it right at the moment. I'll keep poking around. Someone else may come along with the right link in the interim.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
What just happend?
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:05 PM
Found one for you. http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/o...?&asset_id=7230

Find this one: "Waterfalls by Mightswordbio"

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 9:57 PM
This is more of a build than tech help kind of question. So I'm going to move it over to the Build forum so they can continue to help you there if you have more questions about the tutorial.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 11:24 PM
A waterfall with the 'real' water tool -- no. Sadly it doesn't work that way. If you are tired of terrain paints for waterfalls, I'd suggest you try using Macarossi's pond objects -- they are quite nice.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=237912

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 4:46 AM
I remeber a long time ago there was a EXCELLENT tutorial on making a waterfall with the game water, not terrain paints or objects. I think it was something to do with making a pond, draging a fence across it, then raising the ground on one side of the fence, and then removing fence. Obviously that would involve cheats and I have no clue how to do it, but I'll hunt for it.

*(I saw that tutorial around a year ago, sorry if its gone.)
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 7:47 AM
That would be a really useful object for someone to hack up--a sheet of animated falling water, perhaps one tile wide, that could be placed in the terrain. Set them up side by side to create a waterfall of any width. Perhaps make them in a few different heights.

Then one could place water at two different levels with the terrain water tool, separated by a width of evenly stretched tiles, then "connect" the two bodies of water with the waterfall sheets.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 1:17 PM
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 3:38 AM
Exactly, Biscuit found it! Yays, there you go mapamunobr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 11:39 PM
Thanks you guys, I'd already find that, and I'm using it. It gives a total new effect to a lake, it's pretty good. Thanks a lot, everyone!
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 7:28 AM
This is off topic but have you guys ever had a moment where you put in the wrong CD when your installing something and figured it out like 15 minutes afterwards?
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies