Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#11401 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Pandora Sims did extra spells, available in the Booty.

I had seen those before, but generally they have the same issue where evil spells are mostly just a nuisance. The more useful evil ones are the creature spells, but not particularly useful for the witch in question either.

A few examples of what I was thinking of:
  • Steal youth (similar to elixir of life with negative effect on target sim, positive on the witch)
  • Stealing a love from another sim (take a love flag from one of target sim's lovers and apply to the witch)
  • Necromancy - evil witches can already resurrect sims as zombies, but this isn't particularly useful for them. I think they should be able to control the dead (zombies, maybe vampires too) whether it be influencing for free or making them do household chores like the good witch's servant.

The idea is evil spells should be beneficial to the evil witch, even if they are detrimental to the targets.

Just a lurker lurking through... mostly.

Sometimes I'm more interested in Sims than others, so I tend to disappear and reappear at random.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11402 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by humming-fli
  • Steal youth (similar to elixir of life with negative effect on target sim, positive on the witch)
  • Stealing a love from another sim (take a love flag from one of target sim's lovers and apply to the witch)
  • Necromancy - evil witches can already resurrect sims as zombies, but this isn't particularly useful for them. I think they should be able to control the dead (zombies, maybe vampires too) whether it be influencing for free or making them do household chores like the good witch's servant.

I'd love to see more custom spells! And I really like your idea of the stealing days from the target. Another one would be stealing money from the target; not just creating money out of the air, but taking it from the target so that target actually loses the money (and maybe even gets the "got pick-pocketed" memory ). Also, how about steal an item from the target's inventory? Only available if they have at least one item in inventory, and it would bring up the "give gift" interface, but instead of giving something you'd be able to take. (This one could also apply the pick-pocketed memory.) Being able to influence zombies for free, specially if the witch raised that zombie themselves, is an excellent idea as well.

I'd like to see spells converted from other sims games. I know the Pandora Sims set has a "Grow" spell, but afaik it just makes a plant healthy; I want "Growth"(TSM)/"Bloom"(TS3 fairy spell)/"Bless Flora"(TS3 unicorn spell), all of which advance a plant's growth state. Could be quite useful for getting produce before winter sets in.
Mad Poster
#11403 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:07 PM
I thought of another evil spell that would actually benefit the user. Well, more than one but they're all the same basic idea.

Steal skill: the caster siphons a skill point from the target. The target would need at least one skill point that the caster didn't already have.
Steal aspiration: the caster siphons aspiration points from the target, draining the target's aspiration meter and adding it to the caster's own meter (as well as to their own aspiration point total).
Steal badge/steal talent: the caster siphons accumulated badge points or an entire badge level from the target.
Steal energy: the caster siphons the target's energy meter to add it to the caster's own meter.
Siphon mood: the caster siphons all motives of the target to add to the caster's own motives.
Steal LTA: the caster takes a LTA point (used or unused) from the target to add to their own total. (This could be a bit OP, I am sure.)
Steal perk: the caster takes a OFB perk point (used or unused) from the target to add to their own total.
Steal enthusiasm: the caster siphons a point of hobby enthusiasm from the target and adds it to their own totals.
Siphon personality: the caster steals a personality point from the target, adding it to their own personality. (Probably would make the most sense as a specifically targeted spell such as "siphon personality > Outgoing.")
Siphon influence: the caster siphons influence points from the target's influence meter, adding them to the caster's own influence meter.
Steal grades: the Teen or YA caster takes school/class performance from a same-age target, adding it to their own grade meter.
Lab Assistant
#11404 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 11:20 PM
I wish vampire Sims in TS2 could woohoo in the vampire coffin. Not in any pervert way, just within game limitations and style. I mean, Sims can woohoo in bed, hot tub, clothing booth, car, photo booth, elevator, sauna, tent, hammock and walk-in closet. There are even special memories for woohooing some kinds of Sims. I am just wondering why has EA decided to skip coffins.
Theorist
#11405 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 10:25 AM
Well, it would be quite an open-coffin event. Can't expect to fit two adult Sims in it, let alone have them do their business properly while the lid is down?
Mad Poster
#11406 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 11:44 AM
I mean, if they can woohoo in the hammock, they should logically probably be able to woohoo in the coffin.
Mad Poster
#11407 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I mean, if they can woohoo in the hammock, they should logically probably be able to woohoo in the coffin.

Coffin is probably too heavy for floating or swirling. It will lack animations.
Top Secret Researcher
#11408 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meduza
I wish vampire Sims in TS2 could woohoo in the vampire coffin. Not in any pervert way, just within game limitations and style. I mean, Sims can woohoo in bed, hot tub, clothing booth, car, photo booth, elevator, sauna, tent, hammock and walk-in closet. There are even special memories for woohooing some kinds of Sims. I am just wondering why has EA decided to skip coffins.

Don't forget helicopter woohoo. That is some funny stuff.

Just tried. It was a no-go, unless I'm missing something.
Test Subject
#11409 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 7:13 PM
A mod to age-restrict the computer chat. I find it sort of creepy that adults can chat with teens and vice versa. It'd give me more peace of mind to only allow each age group to converse with others in their age group (but obviously make an exception so adults and elders can chat with each other).

And maybe make an exception for family members, too?
Lab Assistant
#11410 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Well, it would be quite an open-coffin event. Can't expect to fit two adult Sims in it, let alone have them do their business properly while the lid is down?

It's a thing in TS4 (see this video)
I have no idea if it is possible to convert animations along with the objects but if it is, then maybe someone could convert those coffins for TS2.

I thought of another mod I want to see. I've always thought the cosmetology chair from OFB was kind of useless when sims can just change their appearance in a mirror. I think making them tattoo artist chairs would be more interesting. We various have tattoo overlay boxes, but I find them a bit cumbersome to use. I'm not sure if it would be possible, but I had an idea that you can buy a picture of the tattoo you want (could be small like a postcard or larger like a painting canvas), that goes in your inventory and that way you can see what tattoo you're buying, then you go to the tattoo artist and they take that item from your inventory and apply the matching overlay. This would be better than the boxes because you can pick and choose which overlays you want without having multiple boxes come with a bunch of them, and you can have an idea of what it looks like before applying it. It would mean making an item for each overlay though, but I can't think of a way to visually choose the overlay in the game interface.

Just a lurker lurking through... mostly.

Sometimes I'm more interested in Sims than others, so I tend to disappear and reappear at random.
Mad Poster
#11411 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meduza

Given the size and shape, grab the code from ACR that uses the couch makeout animation for couch woohoo.

Ooh, I wonder if the pillows that are fake sofas that can be used on twin beds to let sims sit, make out, and yes, ACR woohoo, could be paired with the coffins? Nothing would probably line up right . . . They're on MTS, who made them, Honeywell, I want to say, I'd have to check. (They're great for little bitty rent-a-rooms, where sims don't have space for chairs and beds both.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#11412 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 11:33 PM
I wish werewolves could turn into actual wolves.
Forum Resident
#11413 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Literal Rose
I find it sort of creepy that adults can chat with teens and vice versa.

...you mean like the actual real life internet?

Someone (Pescado?) made a hack to prevent children from chatting with non-children. Maybe you could tweak that.
Top Secret Researcher
#11414 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 2:57 AM
You say that like the actual real life internet never gets creepy or inappropriate. We can build a better world for our sims, we've known that for a long time.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#11415 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 3:07 AM
I mean, if it's a private chat room like the kind you used to get from AOL and so forth, yeah, that would be creepy. But I always imagined that they were using some sort of social media or forum site when they used that option.
Lab Assistant
#11416 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Given the size and shape, grab the code from ACR that uses the couch makeout animation for couch woohoo.

I didn't know ACR had this feature, I never downloaded it. However, creating new actions for coffin would require adding custom semi-globals and probably there would be compatibility issues with mods that edit romantic interactions, like romantic standards.
Alchemist
#11417 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 3:14 PM
I mean, if it's a private chat room like the kind you used to get from AOL and so forth, yeah, that would be creepy. But I always imagined that they were using some sort of social media or forum site when they used that option.
That's how I imagine it too. Once, I was the teen talking about games on forums with adults, and now I'm still on forums, talking about games and there are likely teens here, and it's fine.
Test Subject
#11418 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
...you mean like the actual real life internet?

Someone (Pescado?) made a hack to prevent children from chatting with non-children. Maybe you could tweak that.

I had negative experiences with creepy adults online as a teenager so I guess this is probably why I have an aversion to it.

But I'll have a look at that mod. I'm sure I've heard of it somewhere before, now that I think of it.
Top Secret Researcher
#11419 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 10:00 PM
To be fair, I was about thirteen or fourteen when I discovered this forum, and I'm 22 now, but I was also thinking of chatrooms, like the sort that were popular in 2004-2009 when the game was being released...and when I was a little kid pretending to be a teenager chatting with adults on IMVU. Not an experience I'd want my child, or even any of my sims, to have.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#11420 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 10:37 AM
There's a hack I'd love to see (and others have done a few mods close to it) that would age up pixels every 12 days. I know about the 'every 4 days' mod, but ideally I'd like it to not interfere with Inge's aging mod.
Maybe I'm just asking for the impossible-for having two mods doing 2 different jobs-one to keep the aging within a certain time frame while having variable aging at the same time.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11421 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
There's a hack I'd love to see (and others have done a few mods close to it) that would age up pixels every 12 days. I know about the 'every 4 days' mod, but ideally I'd like it to not interfere with Inge's aging mod.
Maybe I'm just asking for the impossible-for having two mods doing 2 different jobs-one to keep the aging within a certain time frame while having variable aging at the same time.

Well, not exactly 12 days but 7 every sunday is possible with BO- Slow aging Controller
I think it will not interfere with Inge's Age Group Tweak.
You need only always remember to set new playables individually age.
It works well with ACR too. Adults will not become unfertile after certain days because with BO-s mod 1 week counts as 1 day.
Mad Poster
#11422 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Well, not exactly 12 days but 7 every sunday is possible with BO- Slow aging Controller
I think it will not interfere with Inge's Age Group Tweak.
You need only always remember to set new playables individually age.
It works well with ACR too. Adults will not become unfertile after certain days because with BO-s mod 1 week counts as 1 day.

Midgethetree updated that to work with supernatural sims.
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...troller-for-all
Mad Poster
#11423 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 4:59 PM
I do have BO's hack-I've never actively used it..perhaps I should. It's probably the only way I'll get that close to the 12 day aging.

The reason I asked was that to match the 12 month period (as in human beings) and also if one has the mod to shorten or lengthen the seasons in game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11424 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 6:17 PM
A variation of Midge's hereditary creatures that includes a genetics token. For example, a statue that you can put in a sim's inventory that would act as a token for like, witchery, vampirism, lycanthropy, or plantsimism, or even for a custom creature type like fairies or mermaids. Buy the statue and click on it to set creature type as dominant, recessive, sex-linked: Female, sex-linked: Male, and then set the token's state - either homozygous or heterozygous. Or maybe even make a special global controller object so you can set percentages of townie creatures, dominant/recessive states, sex-linked states, and possibly even the lifespans of different creature states.
Mad Poster
#11425 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 6:49 PM
Well, I already did that for fairies with my fairy changlings mod. Theoretically you could do it for anything else, too, but inventory objects aren't good for that purpose, you'd want a token. You can set the lifespans of creature states in the previously mentioned slow aging controller mod.
Page 457 of 580