Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11426 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 10:07 PM
Well, can Midge make her hereditary creature mods token-based and have it so you can globally set the genetics to dominant, recessive, X-Chromosome linked recessive (males with the gene always manifest and only pass it to daughters)? That would be awesome. Then you could give the sims desired a token for genetics, or two tokens that can be passed on to offspring. Global species percentage can be adjusted, and there could be even dormies with creature genetics. For safer vampires, there can be special designated night dorms that only summon dormies that are manifesting vampires and maybe werewolves.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#11427 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Well, can Midge make her hereditary creature mods token-based and have it so you can globally set the genetics to dominant, recessive, X-Chromosome linked recessive (males with the gene always manifest and only pass it to daughters)? That would be awesome. Then you could give the sims desired a token for genetics, or two tokens that can be passed on to offspring. Global species percentage can be adjusted, and there could be even dormies with creature genetics. For safer vampires, there can be special designated night dorms that only summon dormies that are manifesting vampires and maybe werewolves.

Based on Twilight, I wouldn't let vampires an werewolves live on the same lot.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#11428 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Based on Twilight, I wouldn't let vampires an werewolves live on the same lot.

That's the beauty of it - you could ban werewolves from vampire lots and vampires from werewolf lots if you like.
Scholar
#11429 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 12:32 AM
No clue if this would be very practical but maybe a hack that makes the Lemonade Stand autonomous. I know Sims can purchase lemonade autonomously but I mean, imagine the kiddo's making lemonade all on their own without you having to make them do it yourself! I'm trying to let my Sims have more freedom.
Test Subject
#11430 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 12:04 AM
I saw a child do the static shock prank on an elderly male sim the other day and thought to myself: there should be a mod that can, at a low percentage, cause death to elder sims due to heart pacemaker dying. Or maybe add a token to any of your sims "have a pacemaker" and they could flat out die from any electrical shock by a chance.

I know, kind of grim mod idea.
Mad Poster
#11431 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by s4rts4
I saw a child do the static shock prank on an elderly male sim the other day and thought to myself: there should be a mod that can, at a low percentage, cause death to elder sims due to heart pacemaker dying. Or maybe add a token to any of your sims "have a pacemaker" and they could flat out die from any electrical shock by a chance.

I know, kind of grim mod idea.

Wait? An implant in the chest can fail from a teensy shock from static?
Scholar
#11432 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 8:44 PM
Sims can't whoohoo while someone else is in the bedroom, even if that someone is a child a and is aslept.
In such cases, the child wakes up and leaves the bedroom in the middle of the night just to allow their parents their moment of privacy, and may return to the bed later.

For poor Sim who must share a bedroom this is a downer.
I wish aslept Sims would not bee shooed away in such cases.
Mad Poster
#11433 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 9:11 PM
I mean, based on all the noises sims make when they woohoo, it does make sense that anyone sleeping in the same room would wake up. It would be kind of nice if it didn't happen when the sleeping sim is actually another member of the other two sims' polyblob, though.
Mad Poster
#11434 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Sims can't whoohoo while someone else is in the bedroom, even if that someone is a child a and is aslept.
In such cases, the child wakes up and leaves the bedroom in the middle of the night just to allow their parents their moment of privacy, and may return to the bed later.

For poor Sim who must share a bedroom this is a downer.
I wish aslept Sims would not bee shooed away in such cases.

In small one room houses I use room divider fences to private out double bed.
Mad Poster
#11435 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 3:30 AM
Would invisible genetic tokens for vampires, werewolves, plantsims, and witches be possible? Like, either one token with all the genetic information or a token per gene. Two recessive genes would manifest while one would stay latent and be passed on by coin-flip to descendants. A sex-linked gene would manifest in males, and a male could only have one of that particular gene and always manifest if he inherited it, and only pass it to daughters, while a female could have one or two and would only manifest if she had both, and could pass it to sons and daughters. A dominant gene would manifest whether inherited by one parent or both. Which one would be more practical?

And would a physical controller like the Visitor Controller be preferable to a self-click controller for global variables?

Also, I have an idea for descendants of Service Sims like Police, Firefighters, Maids, Burglars, and Cashiers. Like, a descendant of a firefighter sim could end up becoming a firefighter upon reaching adult age, while a child of a burglar sim could end up becoming a burglar and robbing other sims. Basically they would inherit their parents' NPC codes. Or maybe a firefighter's child could end up withstanding fire better and having fun with it, while a burglar's child could have the ability to sneak (and activate false alarms).
Mad Poster
#11436 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 4:26 AM
Yes, it couold be done as an extension of the fairy changelings mod, although your dreams of sex-linked genetics are probably more work than it would be worth. I did give some thought to it when you mentioned it earlier, but it's not something I actually want and I have other mods that are much higher priority right now. And I have less than zero interest in making NPC type inheritable.
Mad Poster
#11437 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yes, it couold be done as an extension of the fairy changelings mod, although your dreams of sex-linked genetics are probably more work than it would be worth. I did give some thought to it when you mentioned it earlier, but it's not something I actually want and I have other mods that are much higher priority right now. And I have less than zero interest in making NPC type inheritable.

Well, I was thinking it might be more up midgethetree's alley. I mean, she made some awesome hereditary creatures mods, and I think she could go further with mod genetics - make a controller that you can use to make creature genetics dominant, recessive, or some kind of mix, or x-chromosome linked.
Lab Assistant
#11438 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 9:40 AM
I don't know if this would even be possible to make-- I've never seen any mods that modify the existing social option trees tbh-- but I'd love to see all the "dance" options under the "dance" menu. You know that one that came with FT probably, which only has "classic dance" as an option. I'd love to see "slow dance" and "dance together" to both be in that tree, because it's always bugged me that we have to click twice to classic dance even though it's the only option in the menu, but slow dance and dance together are still cluttering up the main menu.
Alchemist
#11439 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 12:23 PM
That would be easy to make, but you can only have one pie menu strings mod at a time, which is why you don't see a lot of mods that edit them (and a large number of us already have a mod that edits them, like Squinge's mods that add to the pie menu).
Test Subject
#11440 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 7:00 PM Last edited by The Literal Rose : 1st Jul 2020 at 7:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
I don't know if this would even be possible to make-- I've never seen any mods that modify the existing social option trees tbh-- but I'd love to see all the "dance" options under the "dance" menu. You know that one that came with FT probably, which only has "classic dance" as an option. I'd love to see "slow dance" and "dance together" to both be in that tree, because it's always bugged me that we have to click twice to classic dance even though it's the only option in the menu, but slow dance and dance together are still cluttering up the main menu.

This is actually very easily achieved. I even have my own mod that places the "Break Up" option under the "Irritate" menu because it annoyed me having it just floating there in the middle of nowhere.

To do this sort of thing, you need to alter the text found in the Pie Menu Strings. You need to add "Dance.../" in front of "Slow Dance" so it reads "Dance.../Slow Dance." And you need to add "Dance.../" in front of "Dance Together" so it reads "Dance.../Dance Together."

You can recategorize most if not all social interactions this way, I believe. I made the mod but it appears it's no longer attached to my post. You can easily make it yourself by altering the Pie Menu Strings in Group 0x7F01EC29.

And like omglo said, you CANNOT have multiple Pie Menu String-altering mods at once.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11441 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 7:14 PM
Test Subject
#11442 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
@The Literal Rose If you would like to share content on MTS you need to use the moderation queue, not in the discussion forums.

Understood.
Mad Poster
#11443 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Well, I was thinking it might be more up midgethetree's alley. I mean, she made some awesome hereditary creatures mods, and I think she could go further with mod genetics - make a controller that you can use to make creature genetics dominant, recessive, or some kind of mix, or x-chromosome linked.

I don't see why. I've already done the framework for this in fairy changelings. Also, this doesn't need any kind of controller. If you just want something to be user-configurable, there will just be a configurable BCON in the mod.
Mad Poster
#11444 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:49 PM
I don't see why. I've already done the framework for this in fairy changelings. Also, this doesn't need any kind of controller. If you just want something to be user-configurable, there will just be a configurable BCON in the mod.

I know. However, it would be nice to be able to configure it differently in each neighbourhood, like maybe make witchery dominant in one and recessive or X-linked in another, and maybe have 9% for each creature townie that is initialized in one or maybe 20% Vampires in another and 2% of other types, or just vampire and werewolf creature townies and nothing else. Maybe in a more ecological oriented hood, there could be more townies initializing as plantsims, while in another town that is more magic-oriented you can have mostly witch townies (or technomagi if you wish).
Mad Poster
#11445 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 11:04 PM
If you want creature townies, create creature townies when you set up the hood. That's got nothing to do with genetics and doesn't require any mods.
Mad Poster
#11446 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 11:55 PM
If you want creature townies, create creature townies when you set up the hood. That's got nothing to do with genetics and doesn't require any mods.

You're missing the point. I KNOW I can do that. I want creature heredity and I want townies to sometimes initialize as creatures.
Mad Poster
#11447 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 3:11 AM
An in-wall shower (like the cheap UNI one) that's top-of-the-line, so I can make luxurious walk-in showers that are actually as fancy in terms of their hygiene and environment scores as they look.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11448 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
An in-wall shower (like the cheap UNI one) that's top-of-the-line, so I can make luxurious walk-in showers that are actually as fancy in terms of their hygiene and environment scores as they look.

There are CC showers around, I like the one from the Aussie bathroom. It looks nicer and it's cheaper.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#11449 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 9:19 AM Last edited by inspiredzone : 6th Jul 2020 at 9:50 AM.
I just wish the uni shower didn't show the ugly pipes going down through the wall. It's hidden with the walls up, and hideous with them down. No other plumbing/appliances in the game have hidden mechanics like that, why this one shower?
Mad Poster
#11450 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 6:55 AM
Basically just better creature heredity tokens based on Midge's super awesome creature genes mod, which would include dominant and recessive options, and the option to tie the trait to the X-chromosome. Meaning boys would be more likely to manifest it. It's kinda like the lutino/albino trait in birds. With birds, the female has non-matching sex chromosomes - a Z and a W - while the male has two Z chromosomes. The albino/lutino trait is linked to the Z chromosome, so the female is more likely to exhibit the albino or lutino traits depending on her base colour (white or yellow).

The mod could have a controller object which ideally would have the option for the user to change its appearance to match the environment. Like, in a farm or rural setting, it could be a clump of pampas grass, sage brush, cactus, tree, haystack, etc. In a space or futuristic setting, it could be an alien plant or tree, or a rock or crystal. Heck... it could even be a Baba (which can unfortunately never be YOU). This item would be clickable and it would have lots of options for each trait and could have modular options for Midge's other creatures.

And I would like to see defaults for each one, but honestly, I don't mind adjusting it to fit my preferences for each trait. I would just love to see that amazing hereditary creatures mod improved (and I suck at programming, mind you, so I am in awe of Midge's genius).
Page 458 of 580