Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 10:06 PM Last edited by sarathedancer : 10th Apr 2020 at 5:27 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help identifying corruption
Hello, its been a few years since I did a big rebuild and made my hood from scratch as the original one was corrupted beyond repair. I tried to be careful not to cause corruption but looking back I probably have done things that can cause corruption that I was not aware were a problem (aging up townies, bringing in old packaged lots from the previous hood, possibly saving with ghosts on lot?) and I didn't know about the HoodChecker until recently. I've run the HoodChecker as well as used the remove tool - and the current log has issues with about 90 lines under memories such as the following:

Memories:
Subject does not exist: 0x005C Robi Seiff: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x007B Steven Rodiek: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x0186 Gela Zhang: [Invisible] Gossip about 0x018C Toby Custer: Had a Great Anniversary Party (Subject: SimID=0xEFBC516D)
Subject does not exist: 0x020A Aren Grundstrom: Had a Great Anniversary Party (Subject: SimID=0x4F9F6B98)
Subject does not exist: 0x020E Nina Okuma: [Invisible] Gossip about 0x018C Toby Custer: Had a Great Anniversary Party (Subject: SimID=0xEFBC516D)
Owner does not exist: 0x024B Fricorith Tricou: [Invisible] Owner 0x0000: 0x0289 Gvaudoin Tricou Died (Strong Memory)
Owner does not exist: 0x024B Fricorith Tricou: [Invisible] Owner 0x0000: 0x0260 Jennicor Tricou Died (Strong Memory)
Owner does not exist: 0x024C Nylissit Tricou: [Invisible] Owner 0x0000: 0x0269 Jon Smith Tricou Died (Strong Memory)

Im still a noob at Hoodchecker, but from what I understand the memories about the Tricou family aren't an issue - and I believe the other "subject does not exist" lines can be corrected in SimPE in memories? The only reason I am worried my hood might have corruption is all my toddlers and children have LTWs. I haven't seen anything else that would indicate corruption- but obviously that concerns me. So ultimately my question is- is my game corrupted beyond repair? If HoodChecker isn't pulling up any other issues besides these under memories is my hood in the clear?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 11:55 PM
Old inhabited lots would cause corruption, ghosts/graves/urns are sims. Same way if you moved a family of live sims. Doesn't matter if they are 'dead' or 'alive' since the game views them the same as all dead sims can be raised back to life.
Let HC remove what it can remove and use SimPE to remove the LTW's. It is corrupted but that doesn't mean it won't keep playing, just mop up what it can, play and make regular backups and HC checks.

If you want to move old lots make sure all live sims are moved out and all dead sims are moved to a community lot graveyard. Then clean the lot. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188 scroll down to the end. You need SimPE and Lot Compressor with Chris hatch's add on. This cleans lots very easily and quickly. Then package up and save.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~