Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 9:57 PM
Default Sims look good in CAS but terrible in game
Hi, I've recently begun playing sims 4 and noticed that only two of my sims of the same household have this issue where they look good in CAS but terrible in-game. The photos are shown below.
My specs are pretty good, I have a GeForce GTX 1050, 8GB Ram and an Intel i5-7300HQ @ 2.50GHz. My game runs flawlessly on Ultra. I'm not sure what's causing this but I'd appreciate it if somebody could help. Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 12:07 PM
Are you using specific custom content for these sims i.e. eyes, etc. If so have you tried with those taken out?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aldavor
Are you using specific custom content for these sims i.e. eyes, etc. If so have you tried with those taken out?

I removed all the CC and he still looked like that.
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 7:23 AM
Am I missing something? I don't see any difference between the two screenshots besides the angle and the lighting
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Am I missing something? I don't see any difference between the two screenshots besides the angle and the lighting

In create a sim, his face is more defined and has a lot of color to it whereas in live mode it's not. The glitch appears out of nowhere and has just done it again on a separate save to another sim.
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 11:32 AM
I took it to photoshop so I could see it side by side, you're right, his face is much more dull in live mode than in CAS
could be a bad cc indeed, maybe something they are wearing/skin detail that's broken
if it's not happening with every sim you can narrow it down by seeing what you put on the sims who have this issue, different to those who don't have it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2020 at 11:43 PM
So sorry for the late reply! Narrowed it down to Slice of Life's face mask option Thank you so much for all did their best to help!