Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 10:16 PM
Default How can I change a Townie without replacing them?
Every so often I see a Townie remake that I really like and would like to use, I know you can simply replace them using CAS and modifying the household, but is there a way to make an old sim look completely like the one I just downloaded without loosing their other information (I.E. skills, traits, clubs, relationships, ect}?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 11:04 PM
you can change a sim with edit in cas cheat. it keeps them the same just changes their appearance.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
you can change a sim with edit in cas cheat. it keeps them the same just changes their appearance.

I get that, but how would I copy the appearance of one sim (the one I downloaded) exactly onto another sim, not just clothes, but makeup, skin overlays, hair, accessories, ect...
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 4:12 AM
you can copy a sim with the cloning machine it makes the same sim just a new name. Can use mccc too copy the skills the same if they not
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
you can copy a sim with the cloning machine it makes the same sim just a new name. Can use mccc too copy the skills the same if they not

Not that either. For example. I download a file that is a makeover of say I'm playing the Fyres household, and I find a new version of Siobhan that I really like. Now I could simply replace the sim in CAS with the new one. But if I do that, I would loose any skills she has learned, and relationships she has, and Lifestyle gained, and so on. What I'm looking to do is change the physical appearance only. Sure I could go through and rebuild the look, but finding out what specific items were used to make the new look would be very hard to do. So I'm trying to find a way of copying the look of the new Siobhan and applying it to the old one. This was the physical looks change, but everything else about her stays the same.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 5:23 AM
can use the tray folder too save what the sim you want too copy. what cc the sim is using will be saved so you know what too copy too other sim.
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravingbantha
Every so often I see a Townie remake that I really like and would like to use, I know you can simply replace them using CAS and modifying the household, but is there a way to make an old sim look completely like the one I just downloaded without loosing their other information (I.E. skills, traits, clubs, relationships, ect}?

You can do that with MCCC.
have the sim you want to copy the appearance of in your Library
click on the sim you want to change (in live mode) > MCCC > MC CAS > Copy/Paste > Paste Tray Sims > Only Other Sims > Household of Choice > Household Member of Choice

it will let you choose the household the tray sim is in, and then the exact sim (must be the same gender, I think), and finally what attributes you want to copy from them.
you should have a backup save just in case you accidentally copy over things you didn't mean to, or just don't save if you see that you did.

to read more about this feature, go in here:
https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/
click on the Search menu > Commands Search > type in tray in the Search Text box, then click on Search.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You can do that with MCCC.
have the sim you want to copy the appearance of in your Library
click on the sim you want to change (in live mode) > MCCC > MC CAS > Copy/Paste > Paste Tray Sims > Only Other Sims > Household of Choice > Household Member of Choice

it will let you choose the household the tray sim is in, and then the exact sim (must be the same gender, I think), and finally what attributes you want to copy from them.
you should have a backup save just in case you accidentally copy over things you didn't mean to, or just don't save if you see that you did.

to read more about this feature, go in here:
https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/
click on the Search menu > Commands Search > type in tray in the Search Text box, then click on Search.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for, on a side note, if you do 'any saved sim' as opposed to 'only other sims' it shows more sims that way and still works.
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravingbantha
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for, on a side note, if you do 'any saved sim' as opposed to 'only other sims' it shows more sims that way and still works.

I thought you downloaded a specific sim you wanted to use, so with the way I mentioned it only shows sims what were made by others.