Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 1874 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 5:54 AM
Default Install Problem
I just recently uninstalled Clean Installer and now my downloaded lots are not showing up in my game. I have downloaded lots since uninstall and they say successfully installed but they are not in my game Help Please!
Advertisement
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 6:30 AM
Dear princess_serenity14616,

Thank you for posting in the MTS2 Help section. In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following steps as listed below:

This is NOT multiple choice! You must read and go through ALL the FAQs!
  • General - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content.

Downloading for Fracking Idiots explains the entire downloading process from start to finish in language designed for people who aren't computer geniuses. Please go through the whole guide before asking any further questions on downloading and installing custom content as pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is explained there - including info for Mac and Vista users.

Getting Custom Content to Show Up explains what to do if you've followed all the instructions in Downloading for Fracking Idiots and your content still isn't showing up, or if content that was showing up fine before suddenly won't show up.

Please read through all of the FAQs above! Doing only one or two of them (when more exist) will usually result in delays not fixing your particular problem.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detail exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

Regards,
MTS2 Staff

This is a system generated message
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 7:05 PM
Default No Help
Reading all that didn't help any. I am not trying to install CC just a house with none. I have all the EPs and Sps. The enable custom content box is checked. All objects show in game just not lots. Where are they supposed to be saved to the teleport folder right? Well if the answer is yes they are not there.
What just happend?
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 7:28 PM
Ah!well, the "sims2 installer" is notorious for not installing properly! You should have stuck with "clean installer"

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 14th Mar 2008 at 7:43 PM.
Did you try the force install in the FAQ? http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...me_Help:GCCTSU9 You said the package is not in the teleport folder which leads me to believe that either it didn't get installed, or is installed and not showing for some odd reason. When you reinstall a lot, try looking immediately in the teleport folder to see if it is there. If it is not..it has not been installed.

Tis a puzzlement. Everything we know about getting all types of CC is contained in those FAQ's. It has never failed us...yet.

Have you paged through your lots bin? The game is wonky when it puts the lots in the bin. Sometimes my newest lots are at the end. Hmmm.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:21 AM
i have the exact same problem and i checked everything, i've looked through all the lots bin and i have all the required games.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:59 AM
tonirainbow - Then you need to try what has been recommended too - Clean Installer instead of the game's installer, and a force install.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 12:46 AM Last edited by tonirainbow : 29th Mar 2008 at 1:22 AM.
they still wont show.
i have downloaded a couple houses and installed clean installer. the thing is, when i install a lot through Clean Installer it keep telling me that the file already exists in the teleport folder. but i don't have anything in the teleport folder. for background info, i had previously downloaded these lots and then deleated them. i redownloaded them and this is what it tells me. what is a force install?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:06 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Mar 2008 at 6:02 AM.
Force Install is linked in the FAQ in my prior post. Page through a few pages..you'll see it. Try that first. If that doesn't work, could this be your problem:
http://www.modthesims2.com/journal....howentry&e=2482

I linked it in your other thread in the Clean Installer forum.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.