Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Show/Search Sim Info Mod

by itasan2 Posted 25th Apr 2016 at 11:47 PM - Updated 11th Jun 2020 at 3:29 PM by itasan2

732 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 599 Feedback Posts, 132 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 30
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#151 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I was wondering if you could tell me if you know what "Rock Group Small 01" means on Hidden Traits (see attached screenshot). I'm seeing this now since the City Living patch and I have no idea what it's supposed to mean. The really bizarre thing is I'm also seeing it on the pie menu as an option for cooking when a Sim is inspired and it opens a blank window. I've got a photo of that if you want to see it. And I'm also seeing it in the lot description box as "Rock Group Small 01" when I save a lot to my library!

I was thinking it might be some wacky thing from a mod, but I saw this the first time on the lot description when I just had this mod and Master Control Command Center in my game. I was updating a lot to save to my library when I noticed it. Since then I've seen it on Sims and the cooking menu like I mentioned.

I was thinking at first maybe it was some weird thing attached to lot traits, but now I don't know. Since it shows up on Sims under hidden traits, I thought I would ask you - since maybe you know something about hidden traits (I really don't).

"Rock Group Small 01"? I have no idea about such a keyword. The mod doesn't modify any sim info, just read a sim info. So if the mod shows "Rock Group Small 01" as a hidden trait, the sim really has the trait. I don' t know how the sim got the trait, but was the sim made from zero by you or downloaded from somewhere? Have you used the sim with any trait-related mod (like custom trait mods)?

Technically, I guess the sim has the trait, whose class name is "trait_Hidden_HadWooHoo" and whose display_name is "Rock Group Small 01". But a display_name of class "trait_Hidden_HadWooHoo" is usually ""(NULL/None). So I think someone/something changed the display_name. I don't know why it used the same instance id as trait_Hidden_HadWooHoo (which is a trait conflict).

So far, that is all I can tell you.
Scholar
#152 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 6:30 PM Last edited by aparkison : 14th Nov 2016 at 10:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by itasan2
"Rock Group Small 01"? I have no idea about such a keyword. The mod doesn't modify any sim info, just read a sim info. So if the mod shows "Rock Group Small 01" as a hidden trait, the sim really has the trait. I don' t know how the sim got the trait, but was the sim made from zero by you or downloaded from somewhere? Have you used the sim with any trait-related mod (like custom trait mods)?

Technically, I guess the sim has the trait, whose class name is "trait_Hidden_HadWooHoo" and whose display_name is "Rock Group Small 01". But a display_name of class "trait_Hidden_HadWooHoo" is usually ""(NULL/None). So I think someone/something changed the display_name. I don't know why it used the same instance id as trait_Hidden_HadWooHoo (which is a trait conflict).

So far, that is all I can tell you.

I don't use custom traits or anything like that. Never have. Always worried about them breaking with a patch. This also shows up when any Sim is inspired and goes to cook a meal. There's an extra pie menu option that opens a window with no options. It also shows up in the description area for any lot.

The Sim in the photo is Summer Holiday from the base game, not that it matters, as it shows up in these other areas, and on any other Sim with hidden traits (like city repair, activist, and so on).

I know it can't be a mod. I tested in a vanilla game that was new and existing saves without mods and it still shows up on the cooking pie menu and in the lot description box. I'm wondering if it's some sort of debug thing showing when it shouldn't. I don't know why that would happen though. Who knows.

Never saw this before until after the City Living Patch. My game is running smooth with no errors, so I don't know. Sorry to bother you. I love this mod. So helpful.
Scholar
#153 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 10:12 PM
This is a screenshot of "Rock Group Small 01" on a City Living weirdo role Sim just generated by the game. I thought I'd show it to you just for reference. Anyway. Thank you again for an awesome mod!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#154 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 12:27 AM
This is a screenshot of "Rock Group Small 01" on a City Living weirdo role Sim just generated by the game. I thought I'd show it to you just for reference. Anyway. Thank you again for an awesome mod!

My "isWeirdo" isn't showing a leading "Title" for the trait... see picture.

@aparkison have you tried refreshing your sims4 folder? Repairing the game? (Ditch your localthumbcache first). I'm guessing probably, but it never hurts to cover basics. You know me and Captain Obvious. (Reply window, can't see your post, CRS here. You know that, too. LOL!)

About your cache, though, I'm wondering if you couldn't search it somehow, maybe with S4S, for that "rock group" string? I would LOVE to know where that's coming from!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#155 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 4:35 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 15th Nov 2016 at 4:57 AM.
I don't use custom traits or anything like that. Never have. Always worried about them breaking with a patch. This also shows up when any Sim is inspired and goes to cook a meal. There's an extra pie menu option that opens a window with no options. It also shows up in the description area for any lot.

The Sim in the photo is Summer Holiday from the base game, not that it matters, as it shows up in these other areas, and on any other Sim with hidden traits (like city repair, activist, and so on).

I know it can't be a mod. I tested in a vanilla game that was new and existing saves without mods and it still shows up on the cooking pie menu and in the lot description box. I'm wondering if it's some sort of debug thing showing when it shouldn't. I don't know why that would happen though. Who knows.

Never saw this before until after the City Living Patch. My game is running smooth with no errors, so I don't know. Sorry to bother you. I love this mod. So helpful.

What is "extra pie menu option that opens a window with no options"? A pie menu of Cooking? I've never seen the extra pie menu of Cooking even if a sim's emotion is "inspired". If the extra menu appears without mods, why don't you report to EA as a bug/issue?

>@egwarhammer
>I'm wondering if you couldn't search it somehow, maybe with S4S, for that "rock group" string?
That's what I was wondering. I'm wondering where "Rock Group" comes from.
Scholar
#156 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 7:51 AM
What is "extra pie menu option that opens a window with no options"? A pie menu of Cooking? I've never seen the extra pie menu of Cooking even if a sim's emotion is "inspired". If the extra menu appears without mods, why don't you report to EA as a bug/issue?

>@egwarhammer
>I'm wondering if you couldn't search it somehow, maybe with S4S, for that "rock group" string?
That's what I was wondering. I'm wondering where "Rock Group" comes from.

I'm going to try and browse the cache tomorrow with S4S. I may report it. Sigh. I don't know. It's not hurting anything. Just weird.
Scholar
#157 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 5:45 AM
I can confirm that with the 11.15.16 patch that "Rock Group Small 01" is gone from my game! File that under the Sims version of the X-Files.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#158 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 3:36 PM
I can confirm that with the 11.15.16 patch that "Rock Group Small 01" is gone from my game! File that under the Sims version of the X-Files.

Hmmm, that's supernatural But good for you.
Mad Poster
#159 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 12:14 AM

I wish you'd PM SimGuruNick and ask him what that was all about.
Test Subject
#160 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 7:56 PM
Default Thank you!

Please see the screenshots attached below and follow the instruction below.
1. Place three files which was upziped to your Mods folder. (Only Mods folder or SubFolder, Not sub-sub-folder)
2. Set your game option to enable the script mods

>@egwarhammer
Thank you, EG. I appreciate it.
Scholar
#161 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
I wish you'd PM SimGuruNick and ask him what that was all about.

Nope. That's why I rarely report bugs. Knowing MY luck they wouldn't be able to reproduce it and I'd get a lecture about CC and mods. All's well that ends well and it wasn't hurting anything, just odd.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#162 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:06 PM Last edited by itasan2 : 8th Dec 2016 at 5:51 AM.
New Ver2.2.0 has been released.
Changes:
1.Occult Type (New Info)
Adds "Occult Type" (None/Alien/Hybrid) to the siminfo dialog.
2.Role (New Info)
Adds "Role" to the siminfo dialog. The role is like a casting role of TV drama (e.g. "Criminal" in a detective career's play). See the screenshot.
3.Small Window Mode (Options)
If Small Window Mode is YES, all sim info is output to the notification wall insted of the siminfo dialog. So the siminfo dialog is smaller than usual.
4.Enable/Disable the Buttons in the Siminfo Dialog (Options)
You can enable / disable the buttons in the siminfo dialog. The siminfo dialog shows only enabled buttons.
5.Fixed Bug (ONLY Japanese translation)
The title of the sim picker for friendship included "}". Now it shows properly.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#163 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 12:01 PM
So, what would make a sim NOT show up? She's alien-pregnant, thanks to MC, it's the one I rolled to start this game with, and that just started happening last night. With 2.1.0. Still going on with 2.2.0.

Meaning if I trip Show Sim Info on HER, *nothing* happens. No error message (could error-catching/display be a thing maybe?), and no lastexception error in /Sims4.

If I go at her from a "back door" like search all Scientists, her info DOES print out that way. But directly clicking on her from herself or anybody else is NOT working.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#164 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 5:40 PM Last edited by itasan2 : 9th Dec 2016 at 7:11 PM.
So, what would make a sim NOT show up? She's alien-pregnant, thanks to MC, it's the one I rolled to start this game with, and that just started happening last night. With 2.1.0. Still going on with 2.2.0.

Meaning if I trip Show Sim Info on HER, *nothing* happens. No error message (could error-catching/display be a thing maybe?), and no lastexception error in /Sims4.

If I go at her from a "back door" like search all Scientists, her info DOES print out that way. But directly clicking on her from herself or anybody else is NOT working.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

>But directly clicking on her from herself or anybody else is NOT working.
You mean no pie menu of ShowSimInfo? Was she awake? As you know, you can't click on a sleeping sim as well as MC Command Center. If you search for her and her info shows up as you said, she would be a normal sim. So a reason may be elsewhere. Was her pregnancy made by an alien abduction with other mod or Try for Baby?
Could you tell me how to reproduce the issue? I did by using my pregnant alien but it worked properly.

EDIT: Maybe, I got it. She was abducted and got pregnant using a pregnancy-related mod? I'll check more.
EDIT2: I got it!! I forgot to delete a tiny code for my test, which is used when a pregnant sim's partner is unknown (e.g. pregnancy by alien's abduction). Sorry.
I'll update it later. Haha.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#165 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 8:12 PM
New Ver2.2.1 has been released.
Changes:
1.Fixed Bug
When a pregnant sim's partner is unknown (e.g. an alien abduction), the siminfo dialog didn't show up. Now it shows up properly. Thank you, EG.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 9:54 PM
New Ver2.2.1 has been released.
Changes:
1.Fixed Bug
When a pregnant sim's partner is unknown (e.g. an alien abduction), the siminfo dialog didn't show up. Now it shows up properly. Thank you, EG.

Thanks AND you're welcome! Woke up to an update... because I found a bug... COOLNESS.

Thanks for the fix. Knew you'd find whatever-it-was. That was freaky, having it not work on the only sim I ROLLED for this game... but I knew *that* couldn't be the thing, because it had worked UNTIL she got abducted-pregnant. Happy woman here, that it wasn't TOO hard for you to nail down.

Off to install the update...

Happy Holidays!
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 10:39 PM
Thanks for this mod and your efforts in supporting it. It is so good to be able to get the sim info so easily.

Please can you explain the 'SimWeek' information. As in "Sim Info 2016/12/09 12:12:14 - SimWeek:19 Day:4(Wed) 07:35:06"
Test Subject
#168 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 4:47 AM
Thanks!
Updated Chinese translation for new version(V2.2.1)!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ShowSimInfoV2.2.1-STBL-Traditional Chinese.rar (2.5 KB, 7 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#169 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cyclelegs
Thanks for this mod and your efforts in supporting it. It is so good to be able to get the sim info so easily.

Please can you explain the 'SimWeek' information. As in "Sim Info 2016/12/09 12:12:14 - SimWeek:19 Day:4(Wed) 07:35:06"

In the previous Sims 3, there was week and day such as "Week 12, Day 3". So I was able to keep a diary for my sim family easily based on that "week and day" calendar and I liked that feature. When I got the Sims 4, I got a little disappointed because I didn't find the week but only the day. Although the game didn't show us the week, I found the week inside the game later. So I decided to show the week on my mod.

The week (SimWeek) starts to count when a player make a new game. So the first day is "Week 1, Day 1". The week continues to count forever even if a player saves / loads the game and switches households. So a player can note an event such as "Week 10, Day 2 in Goth: The 3rd baby was born" and "Week 14, Day 5 in Landgraab: Nancy passed away". I like that way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#170 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wuccwzt
Thanks!
Updated Chinese translation for new version(V2.2.1)!

Thank you, wuccwzt.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#171 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 8:52 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 10th Dec 2016 at 4:41 PM.
New Ver2.3.0 has been released.
Changes:
1.Translation (Traditional Chinese) by wuccwzt
Includes Traditional Chinese translation thanks to wuccwzt.

To wuccwzt:
I tried to show a new translators info on the Options Dialog but I didn't because I like your way more, which is translators write their names by themselves in the string table. Thank you again, wuccwzt.

To future translators:
If you translate, you can write your name on the Options Dialog (next to Mod Creator) as below.
0x8710B35F: Mod Version: {0.String}\nMod Creator: {1.String}\nTranslator: YOUR NAME\n\nSystem Time:\n{2.String}\n{3.String}
I'll welcome your translations.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#172 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 4:38 PM
Thanks AND you're welcome! Woke up to an update... because I found a bug... COOLNESS.

Thanks for the fix. Knew you'd find whatever-it-was. That was freaky, having it not work on the only sim I ROLLED for this game... but I knew *that* couldn't be the thing, because it had worked UNTIL she got abducted-pregnant. Happy woman here, that it wasn't TOO hard for you to nail down.

Off to install the update...

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays, you too!
Field Researcher
#173 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 8:19 PM
So, new version has only addition of translation, right?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#174 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
So, new version has only addition of translation, right?

Yes.
Field Researcher
#175 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 8:13 PM
Yes.
Oh, ok, cool.
Page 7 of 30