Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Show/Search Sim Info Mod

by itasan2 Posted 25th Apr 2016 at 11:47 PM - Updated 11th Jun 2020 at 3:29 PM by itasan2

730 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 597 Feedback Posts, 132 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 30
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 10:43 PM Last edited by cyclelegs : 17th Dec 2016 at 11:00 PM.
I have a weird issue that I am trying to debug. I have one sim in a household of 2 who has lost the ability to use the 'search' function and the 'Hidden Traits' will not show. If either of these 2 options are selected, the UI just closes and returns me to the active play screen. It matters not how I get to the sim. Searching using another sim or working through the relationships panel all yield the same issue: I cannot use the 'Hidden Traits' button on this one sim. All the other options seem to work. I have tried resetting the sim, playing from a different active household and restarting the game.

I am still investigating but if anyone has seen this before or has any ideas I would be grateful.

Edit: Should say I am using V2.3.0. Also, I have tried with only this mod loaded and no CC.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#177 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cyclelegs
I have a weird issue that I am trying to debug. I have one sim in a household of 2 who has lost the ability to use the 'search' function and the 'Hidden Traits' will not show. If either of these 2 options are selected, the UI just closes and returns me to the active play screen. It matters not how I get to the sim. Searching using another sim or working through the relationships panel all yield the same issue: I cannot use the 'Hidden Traits' button on this one sim. All the other options seem to work. I have tried resetting the sim, playing from a different active household and restarting the game.

I am still investigating but if anyone has seen this before or has any ideas I would be grateful.

Edit: Should say I am using V2.3.0. Also, I have tried with only this mod loaded and no CC.

You mean no "Hidden Traits" button shows up and no "Search Sims" pie menu shows up on any sim? Did the game output a "lastException.txt" file? If so, it would be helpful.
Can you restart and try after deleting "Ita_ShowSimInfo_Options.dict" (in Mods folder), localthumbcache.package (in The Sims 4 folder) and spotlight_**-**.package (in The Sims 4\cachestr folder) ?
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 3:59 AM Last edited by cyclelegs : 18th Dec 2016 at 7:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by itasan2
You mean no "Hidden Traits" button shows up and no "Search Sims" pie menu shows up on any sim? Did the game output a "lastException.txt" file? If so, it would be helpful.
Can you restart and try after deleting "Ita_ShowSimInfo_Options.dict" (in Mods folder), localthumbcache.package (in The Sims 4 folder) and spotlight_**-**.package (in The Sims 4\cachestr folder) ?

No the 'hidden traits' button shows up but when selected I am dumped back into the active play screen. The 'Search Sims' dialogue shows up but when used I just get dumped back into the active play screen. Only for this sim. Saved sim to library and rolled a new game. Loaded sim from library and got the same issue.

Weirdly, after trying 'Hidden Traits' and getting kicked back to play screen, I went for MCCC > 'Modify Household in CAS'. Instead of going to CAS, the Show/Search Sim Info the sim was displayed. This only happens after a failed attempt to access 'Hidden Traits'.

No LE file generated. I will try as per instructions and let you know.

Edit:
- Removed Mods folder.
- Created new Mods folder with just Resource.cfg and the two Sim Info files, "Ita_ShowSimInfoV2.3.0.package" and "Ita_ShowSimInfoV2.3.0.ts4script", both dated Dec 10.
- Deleted "Ita_ShowSimInfo_Options.dict", localthumbcache.package and cachestr folder.
- Restarted, rolled New Game and loaded offending sim from my library.
- Problem remains. I can get all the info except the "Hidden Traits" and I can't use the "Search Sim" function. Attempting either dumps me from the Mod's UI back into the active play screen.
- I have only seen the issue on this particular sim.

Edit2:
Last save I have with 'Hidden Traits' working on this sim is Nov 8. Next save is Nov 11 and 'Hidden Traits' is not working on this sim.
Major change between saves was that I moved the problem Sim to a new household in San Myshuno and married him to the Sim already living there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#179 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 10:52 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 18th Dec 2016 at 12:31 PM.
No the 'hidden traits' button shows up but when selected I am dumped back into the active play screen. The 'Search Sims' dialogue shows up but when used I just get dumped back into the active play screen. Only for this sim. Saved sim to library and rolled a new game. Loaded sim from library and got the same issue.

Weirdly, after trying 'Hidden Traits' and getting kicked back to play screen, I went for MCCC > 'Modify Household in CAS'. Instead of going to CAS, the Show/Search Sim Info the sim was displayed. This only happens after a failed attempt to access 'Hidden Traits'.

No LE file generated. I will try as per instructions and let you know.

Edit:
- Removed Mods folder.
- Created new Mods folder with just Resource.cfg and the two Sim Info files, "Ita_ShowSimInfoV2.3.0.package" and "Ita_ShowSimInfoV2.3.0.ts4script", both dated Dec 10.
- Deleted "Ita_ShowSimInfo_Options.dict", localthumbcache.package and cachestr folder.
- Restarted, rolled New Game and loaded offending sim from my library.
- Problem remains. I can get all the info except the "Hidden Traits" and I can't use the "Search Sim" function. Attempting either dumps me from the Mod's UI back into the active play screen.
- I have only seen the issue on this particular sim.

Edit2:
Last save I have with 'Hidden Traits' working on this sim is Nov 8. Next save is Nov 11 and 'Hidden Traits' is not working on this sim.
Major change between saves was that I moved the problem Sim to a new household in San Myshuno and married him to the Sim already living there.

I think I can investigate the sim a little more. So can you upload the sim to this comment page or to the Sims 4 Gallery or other internet sites (e.g Dropbox and etc.) ? Uploading to the Gallery may be easier for us. If you upload to the Gallery, please tell me how to download (e.g. the sim's name and etc.) by a private message (of this Mod The Sims site)? You can delete it after I download the sim.
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 6:35 PM
I think I can investigate the sim a little more. So can you upload the sim to this comment page or to the Sims 4 Gallery or other internet sites (e.g Dropbox and etc.) ? Uploading to the Gallery may be easier for us. If you upload to the Gallery, please tell me how to download (e.g. the sim's name and etc.) by a private message (of this Mod The Sims site)? You can delete it after I download the sim.

Haha! I can't work out how to PM using MTS. This will have to do. I have uploaded the borked sim to the gallery. Goes by the name of "mr show/search". My user name is "cyclelegs". There are 2 sims in the household. The Red sim has the issue with the Mod: no use of 'Hidden Traits' and the 'Search Sim' feature does not function. The Green Sim is an earlier version and he has no issues with the mod. There is no CC on either of them.

And, seeing how I failed in the PM department I thought I would upload the Two sims here as well. Cos I can
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Mr Show_Search by Cyclelegs.zip (219.9 KB, 6 downloads)
Description: Two sims. One with the Mod issue and an earlier version of the same sim without problems. Red Sim is bad. Green Sim is good.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#181 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 9:54 PM Last edited by itasan2 : 18th Dec 2016 at 10:06 PM.
Haha! I can't work out how to PM using MTS. This will have to do. I have uploaded the borked sim to the gallery. Goes by the name of "mr show/search". My user name is "cyclelegs". There are 2 sims in the household. The Red sim has the issue with the Mod: no use of 'Hidden Traits' and the 'Search Sim' feature does not function. The Green Sim is an earlier version and he has no issues with the mod. There is no CC on either of them.

And, seeing how I failed in the PM department I thought I would upload the Two sims here as well. Cos I can

Thank you. I've downloaded both so you can remove the sim from the Gallery.

In my 1st test, I reproduced one of the issues, which is no Hidden Traits info show up but the Search Sims function worked properly even on the Red sim. What keyword did you try? Anyway, I'll start to investigate the hidden traits of the Red sim.
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 12:13 AM
Thank you. I've downloaded both so you can remove the sim from the Gallery.

In my 1st test, I reproduced one of the issues, which is no Hidden Traits info show up but the Search Sims function worked properly even on the Red sim. What keyword did you try? Anyway, I'll start to investigate the hidden traits of the Red sim.

I was using just a name in the search box. I tried various of either First_Name or Last_Name but not together - I have been using your fantastic mod for ages.

Now, I think I may have made some progress. I removed all the traits I could from a Sim on which 'Hidden Traits' would not work and I got it to work again. I enclose a file with the traits that I removed. Later, I will try removing them one at a time.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Show_Search Offending Traits.zip (10.6 KB, 7 downloads)
Description: List of Traits. One of Which may be the cause of the Hidden Traits function not working
Mad Poster
#183 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 12:30 AM Last edited by egwarhammer : 19th Dec 2016 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spoke too soon
I hope I'm not stealing cyclelegs' thunder, but @itasan2 someone on officials who was looking at it says it's this trait...

Traits.remove_trait trait_Identified_Chamomile

Edit: not so fast Might be a combination of traits, if you START with removing that one, the issue persists.
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 12:37 AM
Thanks EG and thanks to @itasan2 for taking the time to look at it. Just to put a bit of a dampener on the celebrations, I ought to say that "trait_Identified_Chamomile" is on both the working sim and the sim for which 'Hidden Traits' is not working. I guess it must be conflicting with another trait.
Mad Poster
#185 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 12:48 AM
ChelleJo found it!

the hidden fight trait and the Traits.remove_trait trait_Identified_Chamomile trait

Take off those 2 and the SSI options come up.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#186 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 1:12 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 19th Dec 2016 at 2:17 PM.
I was using just a name in the search box. I tried various of either First_Name or Last_Name but not together - I have been using your fantastic mod for ages.

Now, I think I may have made some progress. I removed all the traits I could from a Sim on which 'Hidden Traits' would not work and I got it to work again. I enclose a file with the traits that I removed. Later, I will try removing them one at a time.

Thanks. That's helpful.

EDIT:
I found the Hidden Traits info doesn't show up if a sim has more than 26 hidden traits. It doesn't relate to a trait name or type. Any (more-than-26) hidden traits can cause the issue. I plan to fix it but it would take a little longer time than expected.

EDIT2:
Until then, please use "Output SimInfos to a File = YES" in the Options if you want to see hidden traits of a sim who has more than 26 hidden traits. The file includes all hidden traits.
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 5:17 AM
Thanks. That's helpful.

EDIT:
I found the Hidden Traits info doesn't show up if a sim has more than 26 hidden traits. It doesn't relate to a trait name or type. Any (more-than-26) hidden traits can cause the issue. I plan to fix it but it would take a little longer time than expected.

Thanks very much for the time and effort you have put into this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#188 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 1:44 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 29th Dec 2016 at 6:06 PM.
Thanks very much for the time and effort you have put into this.

You're welcome. Thank you for your cooperation to improve my mod's quality. And EG, you too.
Happy holidays!

EDIT:
In Ver2.3.1, you can see all hidden traits of your RED sim.
Test Subject
#189 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 8:33 PM
How to enable Russian language?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#190 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiroyukii
How to enable Russian language?

There's no Russian translation so far.
If you translate into Russian, I'll welcome it.
Test Subject
#191 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 6:58 AM
There's no Russian translation so far.
If you translate into Russian, I'll welcome it.

I can try, but some of the items I have are empty
Scholar
#192 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 4:34 AM
Thank you for this awesome mod and your support for it.
Here is two suggestions for improvement:

1. Is it possible to have the spouse maiden name in parantesis after the married name?

I use GEDCOM files generated by MC Command Center for my external family trees. Spouses are stored both by there surname and their married name in the .ged file like this:
1 NAME Martina /Zest/
2 GIVN Martina
2 SURN Zest
2 _MARNM Haas

In the family tree it is like:
Martina Haas (Zest)

2. Is it possible to have their portraits on files so I can import them into my external family tree program? Search for a sim and then klick on something to get the portrait as a file.
I now use this time consuming way:
The portraits used by the games family tree I have found in the file localthumbcache.package. It is updated with portraits every time you play a new family. They are in .jpg files like this:
S4_E18CAEE2_00000000_0000000000000018%%+THUM.jpg. For this small portraits Type = E18CAEE2, Group = 00000000.
You can probably dig out the portraits more easily and put the sims name in the file name.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#193 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 2:35 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 28th Dec 2016 at 8:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Thank you for this awesome mod and your support for it.
Here is two suggestions for improvement:

1. Is it possible to have the spouse maiden name in parantesis after the married name?

I use GEDCOM files generated by MC Command Center for my external family trees. Spouses are stored both by there surname and their married name in the .ged file like this:
1 NAME Martina /Zest/
2 GIVN Martina
2 SURN Zest
2 _MARNM Haas

In the family tree it is like:
Martina Haas (Zest)

2. Is it possible to have their portraits on files so I can import them into my external family tree program? Search for a sim and then klick on something to get the portrait as a file.
I now use this time consuming way:
The portraits used by the games family tree I have found in the file localthumbcache.package. It is updated with portraits every time you play a new family. They are in .jpg files like this:
S4_E18CAEE2_00000000_0000000000000018%%+THUM.jpg. For this small portraits Type = E18CAEE2, Group = 00000000.
You can probably dig out the portraits more easily and put the sims name in the file name.

Ok. I'll check it. Thank you for your suggestions.

EDIT:
I checked a little. At first I thought a wife's last name now changes after wedding so your suggestion #1 would be possible. But I found still her last name doesn't change even after wedding (No patch has fixed this issue). I'm afraid your suggestion #1 wouldn't be possible because the game system doesn't have a maiden name, which is controlled by only MCCC and GEDCOM files.

Your suggestion #2 is interesting. I might try it when I make my external software tool which can communicate with my mod. I have some ideas for the external tool, though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#194 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 5:40 PM
New Ver2.3.1 has been released.
Changes:
1.Fixed Bug
When a sim has too many visible traits / hidden traits / skills, the info dialog didn't show up. Now it shows up properly. The info dialog has some pages with Previous/Next buttons when a sim has too many visible traits / hidden traits / skills.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#195 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 8:45 PM
This is just perfect! There is nothing worse than just becoming an adult, marrying someone, and the next day they become an elder and you're changing their nappies. Great job. many thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#196 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by taffy666
This is just perfect! There is nothing worse than just becoming an adult, marrying someone, and the next day they become an elder and you're changing their nappies. Great job. many thanks.

You're welcome.
Test Subject
#197 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 3:49 AM
Would it be possible to include personal inventory items in the sims info? I'd like an easy way to find out if sims are carrying around excess inventory of violins/guitars/collectibles (due to the city living bug).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#198 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residentliza
Would it be possible to include personal inventory items in the sims info? I'd like an easy way to find out if sims are carrying around excess inventory of violins/guitars/collectibles (due to the city living bug).

No so far.
I may try but I hope EA will fix the issue as soon as possible.
Field Researcher
#199 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:14 PM
Does this still works today's patch?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#200 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 11:57 PM Last edited by itasan2 : 13th Jan 2017 at 6:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
Does this still works today's patch?

No, but I'm going to fix it ASAP.

Edit:
New you can see toddler's sim-infos in the mod v2.4.1.
Page 8 of 30