Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#76 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 6:38 AM
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=191799 This is not chat. You will not get emails. Read the FAQ's .

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 1:01 PM
http://www.djssims.com/download/click.php?id=592 here is something to helo you with the custom contents
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 7:18 PM
This is an great help - I was just wondering if it was specific to Pets? Because I've been having the same problems after installing FFS & Uni on the run but I enabled CC at the prompt (after the game finishes loading). Just wondering =)

Gemma
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 7:26 PM
Nope, not just specific to Pets - the OMGPETS!!!111one in the title and description was mainly because this was posted right when Pets came out and we were getting flooded with "Halp, my content don't work no mores!" posts. I've had to do the Body Shop trick after installing every expansion before my buy mode content starts showing up.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#80 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 10:01 PM
Does, anyone know the location of the exe or the command line for body shop? Or am I going to have to reinstall everything again just so I can get the shortcut for body shop back?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 4:18 PM
Hi, I hope it's okay to post this here. I just got Pets. All my custom content is showing up (YAYS!) except for one-tile pet beds and recolors from Sim Wardrobe! That's the only thing that's not showing up! I downloaded a pillow pet bed from Around the Sims, and it shows up fine! And yep, I've got all the meshes for the one tile pet beds. Yep, I've made sure they're installed correctly. Yep, I've downloaded again and installed again, and restarted the game a bazillion times. (I've gone through the 'my custom content isn't showing up!' thread.) Everything else is showing up except the one tile pet beds! And it's driving me nuts 'cause I really wanna use them.

This problem seems so Pets-specific that I thought it might be alright to post this here.
Test Subject
#82 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 3:22 AM Last edited by winterrois : 16th Feb 2007 at 4:23 AM. Reason: Fixed it myself
Nevermind. I figured it out on my own. Thank you Downloads.com for having an old version of Body Shop.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 6:58 AM
winterrois, you didn't fix it. You just got an old version of Body Shop. I'm sure you'll be back here shortly as you realize it does next to nothing.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe

Please keep things on topic here - this thread is about custom content not showing up after installing Pets. If you have further trouble see the main posting area for this forum.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#84 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 6:55 PM
Then I'll blame Microsoft. Because after downloading the old version and running through your fix on page one, everything works! Yay!
Test Subject
#85 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 2:43 PM
Hi I just wanted to let everyone know that I don't have Pets,,,but this still fixed my custom content problems..thnx so much for posting it.
Test Subject
#86 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 4:04 PM
Default Aaah...
I just wanted to thank you! I even think I really love you :lovestruc (-getting my boyfriend off my back, and I'm going back to the world I adore!)
Test Subject
#87 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:02 PM
You are my hero...i was about ready to rip and pull my hair out when i couldn't find my peggy donation hair, lol. i am pretty good at figuring out my own problems with the game and i have to say i was stumped by this. you explained it so well and so easily that even a newbie could do it! thank you so much, *hugs*
Test Subject
#88 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:43 AM
HELP! someone please help me...

so I installed the new seasons pack...

and now my naked body when i'm showering doesn't show up...

only her head floats in the air when showering...

this is creepy and pissing me off...

how can i fix this???

-Glendaly-
Test Subject
#89 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:56 AM
I installed the sims 2 seasons pack today, and I am experiencing a problem that I had with pets that I thought that I had fixed. Whenever I go to create-a-sim mode, my sim's face is all screwed up--their eye color won't show up and their face is the color of their hair. If I change the shape of their face, it'll revert back to normal. However, if I try to select a sim that I created from the sim bin, this problem will occur, and even if I edit their face, it will still remain the same. I was just wondering if anyone had this problem or if they knew how to solve it. Thanks.
Test Subject
#90 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:01 AM
Casta, I'm not completely sure, but you could try deleting the hack/mod that you have for the showering and then redownload it. If it still doesn't work, than I have no idea.
Test Subject
#91 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:31 AM
okay, so update on "driving me nuts floating head"

sooo, i just found out that the female problem while showering is occuring because of the people i use... it seems that the custom people in the "bin" when creating a character, those custom people cause the floating head...

so, those people are the hot ones though, i wonder why they aren't letting me take them a shower... hmmm...

there are about 12 of them... so now i don't know how to delete them from my downloads folder

geez... this is nuts!

at least i pinpointed the problem though

so it isn't the sinful shower
and it isn't the skins

the problem is the packaged females in the bin

-Glendaly-
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:57 PM Last edited by BMK : 4th Mar 2007 at 11:22 PM.
I did exactly what you said to do and it still didnt work.
The only downloads that show up are houses, and overrides like infant clothes and baby bottles. Nothing else like clothes, hair, ect shows up!
Help!!

Edit: I take that back. After re-booting my entire PC four times it worked! Wohoooo!!!
Test Subject
#93 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 7:13 PM
Am i to understand there is no need for the color enabler package anymore? To get objects that are recolors to show up in the catalogue that is.
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Hamstermage : 12th Mar 2007 at 3:36 PM.
I've cut the downloads folder out onto the desktop, but the folder is still in there, (It's empty though). My computer will not let me delete or rename this file because it says it is "using it" However I am not running the game or bodyshop.

Edit: Nevermind. I fixed the problem on my own.

"Everyone is somewhere." Tuck of the Wonder Pets
Test Subject
#95 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 6:21 PM
aynı aynı aynı... hep aynı soru! (turkish)
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:21 PM
I have a question...

after you enable the custom content and so on, will the game perform correctly?
Test Subject
#97 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 5:03 PM
After installing Seasons I can't see the custom objects that I've downloaded, (but my own recolours work) and that bodyshop trick didn't helped me at all...
Any idea of what's going on?

Thank you so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for my english.. I'm thinking in spanish (from Spain.., yes, that country from Europe) ;p
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test Subject
#98 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 4:05 PM
I have a unique problem, the custom content mainly clothes and hair show, but they are one generic clothing, not what the custom content should be. Same with the hair, I have all the needed expansion packs installed, mainly all the packs I have.

what happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom ~_^
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 4:27 PM
That's not a unique problem, Leon. It's due to missing the meshes, and explained in the "If you are still having problems..." link I gave in the first post.

Test Subject
#100 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 5:10 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f..._2001/Sims2.jpg
like this?

what happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom ~_^
Locked thread
Page 4 of 5