Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BodyShop Mechanic [Updated March 14 2009]

by Dr Pixel Posted 9th May 2007 at 12:21 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:11 PM by Nysha

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 121 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Scholar
#101 Old 24th May 2009 at 4:12 AM
Thank you SO much!! This is amazing (btw I was 1000th thanker) I'm going to use it right now!!

YES, I is a Nintendork!
I'm not a morning person. or an afternoon person. Acutally, im not an "anytime of the day" person.
Test Subject
#102 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:30 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by Gisburne
Thanks for the update on this handy piece of work!

Thanks very much
Test Subject
#103 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 11:13 AM
i click to open it and it says cant find bodyshop.exe . what should i do?
Test Subject
#104 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:27 AM
don't worry
Quote: Originally posted by peekaboosparkle
i click to open it and it says cant find bodyshop.exe . what should i do?

Mine does that, but the poses, background and all that work fine. (;

WALALLALLALALA BING BANG.
I don't UPLOAD , I download.
Test Subject
#105 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 10:13 PM
Omg please help me!
I made a mistake while installation and I went to the wrong folder.
Everytime I click the top left icon, I can't go back to the right folder so i'm kinda stuck with the wrong one! I tried re-installing but it still stays the same!
Heelp :S
Test Subject
#106 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:31 PM
Help i downloaded it on both of my comps and it wont let me pose them diffrently cant even change the backround please help me
Test Subject
#107 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 4:36 PM
Default Help Please
Quote: Originally posted by Jordanne.
Mine does that, but the poses, background and all that work fine. (;

I have that problem too, but the drop down menu for the poses is greyed out, and it won't let me change the pose. It'll let me change the background and stuff, but I got it for the poses, ya know?
Test Subject
#108 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 7:30 PM
thanks for this... I cant wait to tinker with it.
Top Secret Researcher
#109 Old 9th May 2010 at 6:59 PM
Thanks for this! Been wanting to get rid of the default Bodyshop background for ages!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Test Subject
#110 Old 11th May 2010 at 3:40 AM
if someone still face "Can't find BodyShop.exe" error - try setting up the program manually. in C:\Program Files\Bodyshop Mechanic (default installation) open file "BodyShopMechanic.ini". look for a lines "Selected Pack = Mansions and Gardens" (the title in your program main window) and "RunBodyshop = g:\Game\Sims\MGS\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe" (put the complete way to the very last of your addons, in my case it's Mansions and Gardens). save the file, and fire up the program. it should work fine now.
Field Researcher
#111 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 1:39 PM
It's perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1My problem is now solved THANK U!!!
Test Subject
#112 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 12:31 AM
I tried doing the above manual fix for my bodyshop... but the ini file doesn't have the "Selected Pack=...." this is what my ini files shows. My latest expansion was Freetime and I have all the other expansions except for BonVoyage. I only have the TeenStyle and Celebrations Stuff Packs.
If anyone knows of a fix for this, I'd be really grateful. I've used bodyshop mechanic since I got my first game... and it sucks not being able to use it any more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 9th May 2011 at 7:23 AM
I can't get the poses to show in bodyshop
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#114 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 1:57 PM
Fab program, it's working fine for me apart from not changing the background colour, but I suspect that's because I already had a replacement background installed. I'm going to have a hunt around now for more poses and stuff to play with. Thanks once again!
Test Subject
#115 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 1:41 AM
I'm having a problem with this file.I can download the file but when I click on it to upload I get an error message. Am I the only one with this problem?
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 9:55 AM
I know this is an old topic and an old file. But, I can't get this to even start installing, as it seems to have a virus or something else, denying access to the exe file?
Tried running it anyways, got the following message, see picture:

Translated, it says: There was no way of reaching the designated unit, adress or file. Maybe you don't have the proper rights to use this object.

That is very strange, since I have always been logged in on my computer as Administrator.
Same thing happened with CEP 9, which I also downloaded from here. But, I found a manual installation, and took care that problem.
I use Windows XP, service pack 3 as OS.

Could it be, that there is something wrong with some files from MTS2?
I have no clue on this, and I would like to be enlightened on this problem, if someone could find it in their hearts to help me out?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#117 Old 3rd May 2013 at 10:56 AM
This is amazing! Dr Pixel, you're a GENIUS!! Thank you so much for this program!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#118 Old 23rd May 2013 at 5:17 AM
I am using this today after download and it is working for me fantastic. I have all EP/SP and even one Collections. I have been using BodyShop for long time and yes I had repeated troubles with it after every install of new EP over years trying to find where the good one was. Was point in past I even used a download version. But now I use one that came with game. I had to try and open them up one at a time till I found a BodyShop that worked (in the past). What I am saying with to many words is - in instructions here he says look for what it says when you play game. But mine does not say. I tell you, right click your Body Shop Icon that you use to open Body Shop and select "Show In Folder." Look at that folder what EP it is in and that is the one you choose. Do not mess up some girl in past post she messed up and it would not give her chance to choose again ever. Maybe not even after uninstall and reinstall I do not know so do not make that mistake. It will ask you what EP your BodyShop is in. KNOW IT BEFORE YOU START INSTALLATION!
Test Subject
#119 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 7:11 AM
Problem
Quote: Originally posted by Dr Pixel
The files must be put into:

.....My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2 \Config\ folder

NOT in the Config\ folder that is in C:Program Files\... etc.

In other words, the Config\ folder that is in the same place your Saved Sims\ and Projects\ folder are found.

Although they may work on their own in other folders, the program only looks in that folder for them.

Uh... I'm having trouble. I can't get it to work for Mansion and Gardens.

I like trains.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drwho
Uh... I'm having trouble. I can't get it to work for Mansion and Gardens.

On page 4 of this topic, it says:

if someone still face "Can't find BodyShop.exe" error - try setting up the program manually. in C:\Program Files\Bodyshop Mechanic (default installation) open file "BodyShopMechanic.ini". look for a lines "Selected Pack = Mansions and Gardens" (the title in your program main window) and "RunBodyshop = g:\Game\Sims\MGS\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe" (put the complete way to the very last of your addons, in my case it's Mansions and Gardens). save the file, and fire up the program. it should work fine now.

Try that, and perhaps you can make it work with Mansion & Gardens?!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 8:06 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:35 AM
Can't do without this program!
Test Subject
#123 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:41 PM
It Doesn't Work
Test Subject
#124 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 9:31 AM
This is really helpful!

If you're having trouble getting this to work with The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, here's what I did:

When you open it up you'll get a popup saying the program can't find your Sims 2 installation folder and you have to direct it manually. Hit OK and navigate to where you installed The Sims 2. I used the default path which is C - Program Files - Origin Games - The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Make sure you click on the folder Fun With Pets! Hit OK. Another popup will ask you to select the expansion name you see when you start your game. If you did the first part correctly you should see 4 names: EP4, SP1, SP9, and Support. Click on SP9 and hit OK. The program should open up and work just fine! You can adjust whatever and hit Run Bodyshop and enjoy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 10:48 AM
It's working fine for me. 👌
Page 5 of 6