Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED 3-5-18] Simulation Lag Fix updated for 1.40

by duderocks Posted 10th Aug 2017 at 11:19 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2018 at 9:15 AM by duderocks : updated for 1.40

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 114 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 14
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 5:19 PM
Could somebody who knows how to fix this mod? Cause the first versions were great, but now it's a problem and the lag is back, which is awful...
Forum Resident
#227 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:29 PM
Does this need to be updated for the "Jungle Adventures" pre-patch?
Field Researcher
#228 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
Does this need to be updated for the "Jungle Adventures" pre-patch?

I’m not sure. I was getting last exceptions from MCCC when using elevators after the patch before, and lag isn’t much improved when I do use it, so... *shrug*
Lab Assistant
#229 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:35 AM
the lag was already present before the patch. i miss this mod so much...
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:14 PM
This mod does not work as well after the 1.40 patch; I notice that the game lags more - especially during active careers and events. Using weerbesu's UI Cheats Extension to cancel expiring buffs does help. Additionally, sometimes it throws LEs. Here is the LE: https://pastebin.com/sm3Q7KtZ

However, my game still performs better with your mod than without it. You should take a look at the changes EA made with the 1.40 patch and see what needs to be tweaked in Sim Lag Fix. I <3 this mod and this mod makes playing my game with over 20GB of mods and CC possible. Thanks for taking it over and keeping up with it!!!
Test Subject
#231 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 4:12 AM
it looks like you LE was at least partially caused by Scumbumbo's alarm clocks, try taking them out and see if the LE persists, let me know

Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
This mod does not work as well after the 1.40 patch; I notice that the game lags more - especially during active careers and events. Using weerbesu's UI Cheats Extension to cancel expiring buffs does help. Additionally, sometimes it throws LEs. Here is the LE: https://pastebin.com/sm3Q7KtZ

However, my game still performs better with your mod than without it. You should take a look at the changes EA made with the 1.40 patch and see what needs to be tweaked in Sim Lag Fix. I <3 this mod and this mod makes playing my game with over 20GB of mods and CC possible. Thanks for taking it over and keeping up with it!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 9:20 AM
Is anyone going to fix this mod? We really need it! Please! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zaceitorius
it looks like you LE was at least partially caused by Scumbumbo's alarm clocks, try taking them out and see if the LE persists, let me know

Scumbumbo's Alarm Clocks lack a focus bone for pets, so I just locked all the bedroom doors with alarm clocks for pets with LittleMsSam's Door Lock Mod. After I did that, the LE didn't pop anymore. I have done this for most of the rooms in my house that have objects that lack a focus bone for pets. I also find it annoying that my pets just sit and stare at the toilet for no apparent reason...
Instructor
Original Poster
#234 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:05 AM
I'm currently testing a new version of the mod. I kept the Script file from 1.9 but I changed one more tuning XML. Looks like EA upped the FULL_AUTONOMY_DELAY (dictates how many sim minutes there will be before performing another interaction) range from 8-10 pre-Pets patch to 10-15 (wtf, EA!).
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
I'm currently testing a new version of the mod. I kept the Script file from 1.9 but I changed one more tuning XML. Looks like EA upped the FULL_AUTONOMY_DELAY (dictates how many sim minutes there will be before performing another interaction) range from 8-10 pre-Pets patch to 10-15 (wtf, EA!).

whaat? are Sims supposed to be subjects of figure painting now? thanks so much for looking into this! :D
Forum Resident
#236 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 2:20 PM
@duderocks : Thanks for the info!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#237 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:59 AM
Thanks for new update!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#238 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:59 AM
Thanks for update!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#239 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:56 AM
Thanks for the update
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#240 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:10 PM
Thank u lord duderocks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#241 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:13 PM
OMG Thank you! this mod is very very but very indispensable to the game. I was playing without it and I see my sims like more stupid lol
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#242 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:58 PM
thank you for the update!
Forum Resident
#243 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:06 PM
Thanks for updating! (*DOWNLOADS*)

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#244 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:03 PM Last edited by fewlines : 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:26 PM.
thank you, @duderocks!

(edit: sadly, the lag is even more noticeable now. EA broke this, bad.)
Test Subject
#245 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:44 PM
@Duderocks With the 1.40 version I cant go to build mode because it reverts back to live mode.After removing it I was able to go to build mode again.
Forum Resident
#246 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:07 AM
@fewlines and @katiardguez : I haven't noticed any problems so far (I'm sorry that you are, though...when exactly does it force it back into live mode?).

Lab Assistant
#247 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:10 AM
Thank you SO much for updating this!!!
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 2:56 AM
@Starry Might: luckily, i can go into build mode just fine. it's just them standing around/head-bobbing, even more so than usual.
Instructor
Original Poster
#249 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katiardguez
@Duderocks With the 1.40 version I cant go to build mode because it reverts back to live mode.After removing it I was able to go to build mode again.

Do you have the UI Cheats Extension mod? Make sure you update that to the latest version.
Forum Resident
#250 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fewlines
@Starry Might: luckily, i can go into build mode just fine. it's just them standing around/head-bobbing, even more so than usual.

Okay, sorry for the blanket inclusion.

@duderocks: Thanks for clarifying that issue for everyone (I don't have that mod, personally).

Page 10 of 14