Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New long hair for men: Jeanette Beidermann hair

by Neemeister Posted 22nd Jan 2005 at 1:28 AM - Updated 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:21 AM by Neemeister

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 3:05 PM
excellent..but if only it came in black *L*
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 4:04 PM
Wow!!!!! It's awesome thank you
Btw,,any chance of getting this in different colors? :P
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 4:41 PM
Excellent! And I agree about other colours :D, any chance? Especially in black?
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 6:03 PM
I love it! Good Work!
Inventor
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 6:22 PM
Very kool, but like everyone else said, other colours would be great!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 6:37 PM
Will this work if you don't have the hair for woman?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 7:27 PM
i can't believe it's not butter
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flonine
Will this work if you don't have the hair for woman?

no you have to have the mesh but you can get the mesh here:
http://www.jeanette-meets-diesims2.de/
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 8:09 PM
really cute but i want it in black or crazy multitoned colors!
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 10:20 PM
That is awesome! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 10:57 PM
oh shui!

i've been thinking about this for a while, but could never figure out how to change the gender in simpe.

i'd love it if you could post some pointers...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:38 AM
Superb!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:03 AM
Thanks everyone. Although I don't feel I deserve the glowing praise but I do appreciate it. I merely changed the tag for gender to both female and male, following Velvetcube's directions.

Here's a link to her site where I found the tutorial (And it's probably somethere in the forums here too.):

http://simmergirl.com/default.asp

I initially did it for myself, but knew those looking for long hair for males would probably enjoy it too. It was merely meant to be a base for the community to work with.

And sorry about the confusion about the mesh. In my excitement over unlocking the lowerbody skin-tight mesh for adult males and doing this I didn't think about what the whole of what package files actually included. So it's likely that the Jeanette Beidermann hair *mesh* must be downloaded from elsewhere (the link posted earlier in the thread. Thanks.) before this file will work.

The file size seemed rather large and since the hair isn't available to men normally, I assumed the mesh was carried over in the package after the conversion. Thinking on it now, it's probably that once one has a mesh loaded, only one instance of it is needed and any 'conversions' of female to male, or vice-versa, are just the textures and other necessary files being directed to it where they hadn't been before. <shrug> Sorry again.

As for other hair colors... I made several since I posted this, but the alphas haven't been altered yet to give them a better look. It's not as easy to see with the blond since it's close to the skintone of the head, but there's a small hole on the right side where the hair hangs along the forehead.

It looks fixable by playing with the alpha map, as do most of the other slight abnormalities. There's at least 5 files each for texture and alpha maps in this hair style, and I haven't had the time to play with them yet.

But if you want them, I will post all the colors I have to give you all something to work with. Just know they're basic and need some editting to give them a better fit. I'll get around to it myself eventually, but until then have at it. Actually, have at it anyway.

~N
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 4:29 AM
Default Question about the jeanette mesh!!!!!!!!!
Do you have to download the jeanette sim in order to get the mesh, or is it elsewhere? Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:52 AM
OHMIGOD! It's so gorgeous! *dies*
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:54 AM
Can someone make that for teens? For some reason the mesh is only for adults and elders and teens have that stupid short cut
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady M.
Can someone make that for teens? For some reason the mesh is only for adults and elders and teens have that stupid short cut

I quote Neemeister:

"(However, the long hair only shows on adults and elders. Teen males have a short, messy cut.)"

And this is a great thingy-ma-bob, thanks!
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:57 PM
ok sorry but im having huge problems with your hair... when i select it, it shows a short black haircut instead... any ideas why?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:04 PM
read above, are you using the cut on a TEEN??
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:22 PM
Help!
I've downloaded, deleted and downloaded again and I STILL keep getting that stupid rabbit head in build a sim and in the game.

What am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 5:06 PM
anyone wanna post the mesh here? the link doesnt seem to work... :/
Mad Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 5:23 PM
Yes, please, does anyone have a working link to obtain the mesh?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 7:50 PM
#25 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Yes, please, does anyone have a working link to obtain the mesh?

http://www.spiffysims.com/modules.p...=Long_Hair_Mesh
Page 1 of 4