Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chef Service - v1.7 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:00 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:44 PM by douglasveiga

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 118 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
Test Subject
#176 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I know. The mod isn't working anymore. I will update in the next holiday (christmas or new year).

I very like your LiveinMaid_service_NPC and Chef_Service mods, wait for the update this two mod to 1.63,wait for you !!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#177 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 12:17 PM
i hope this mod will be updated immediately to 1.63.. i really love this mod!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#178 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 8:35 PM
Can this mod be used with 1.67 version?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 3:53 AM
please update to latest patch. I'd like to have this for my lazy and busy sims. thank u
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 4:48 AM
love your work
Inventor
Original Poster
#181 Old 4th May 2014 at 11:45 PM
Updated - v1.7

Now, it's fully compatible with basegame patch 1.67.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#182 Old 5th May 2014 at 12:38 AM
Excellent! Thank you for updating this mod, DV!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#183 Old 20th May 2014 at 1:57 PM
Now my wealthy sims have gardners (2), a housekeeper, butler, maid and cook! What fun. Thank you douglas.
Top Secret Researcher
#184 Old 20th May 2014 at 6:35 PM
Default The Housekeeper and The Chef, et all
Can not go without giving you some feedback and more praise for your mod(s). First thanks so much for updating.
At first I felt sorry for the Housekeeper..thought she might be too much of an "object" rather than a Sim. Same for the Chef. Well, I feel sorry no more. Here's what I've observed over the course of a Sim Season of playing them:

HOUSEKEEPER
The housekeeper likes the hot tub
Will take care of Pets AND Strays (I have 5 stray cats and 5 stray dogs) (I do have Cyberbob's MAID/Butler will feed clean pets in)
Also brushes the Horse
You can take him/her to a venue for some fun
You can ask to join video games, chess, Trivia Challenges, etc.
They will sit once in awhile
Does a good job cleaning up
Uses her Smartphone

THE CHEF:
You still need the Service Room light BUT The Chef leaves around 11-12PM and Returns at 6-6:30 AM. I am assuming he is out having a good time.
He will go to the Service area when not busy BUT Also Will: do everything the Housekeeper can do except I have not seen him take care of pets or use the hot tub. He joined the family at the park the other day and loves video games.

I am playing with these two in my game along with the Butler (I've disabled his cooking) and a maid comes daily. Had to fire her as she was spending too much time in the Hot Tub with the Housekeeper. Rehired another one. The same one showed up so we'll see what happens this time. When I started the test game the Original Butler left the first day. I used TA to get rid of him, hired another and he's been with the family for the Season.

I also have The Gardner Service and the two Gardeners continue to show up daily.

Between the servants, a Family of 9 Sims, 2 are preggers, all their company, and the animals this has been amusing.

Thank you again for these awesome mods!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#185 Old 21st May 2014 at 9:15 AM
Unfortunately, this isn't working in my game. I've tried three different "hires" and although the chefs go to the service room off the kitchen, they never cook anything autonomously and when prompted to make a meal, they just stand in the service room. The housekeeper works brilliantly, but the chef...not so much for me.
Inventor
Original Poster
#186 Old 22nd May 2014 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
The housekeeper likes the hot tub

check if you have any other tunning mod that changes the hottub, because the object doesn't advertise tasks for maid.

Will take care of Pets AND Strays (I have 5 stray cats and 5 stray dogs) (I do have Cyberbob's MAID/Butler will feed clean pets in)
Also brushes the Horse

you need to remove the "Cyberbob's MAID/Butler will feed clean pets"

You can take him/her to a venue for some fun
You can ask to join video games, chess, Trivia Challenges, etc.

That's not my fault, because the game adds these interactions. if you don't like it, you don't need to use them.

They will sit once in awhile

can you describe which chair?

Uses her Smartphone

I guess, it's a feature from University.

You still need the Service Room light BUT The Chef leaves around 11-12PM and Returns at 6-6:30 AM. I am assuming he is out having a good time.

Actually that is normal. I implemented it because people were reporting that the game or the nrass - overwatch has been constantly removing the npc because it's considered 'stationary sim'.

do everything the Housekeeper can do except I have not seen him take care of pets or use the hot tub.

You can disable the cleaning tasks through configuration interaction.

He joined the family at the park the other day and loves video games.

Service npcs are still considered townies. when requested, they will eventually visit some lots.

I am playing with these two in my game along with the Butler (I've disabled his cooking) and a maid comes daily. Had to fire her as she(????) was spending too much time in the Hot Tub with the Housekeeper.

can you describe it. I didn't get it.

Quote: Originally posted by Studio954
Unfortunately, this isn't working in my game. I've tried three different "hires" and although the chefs go to the service room off the kitchen, they never cook anything autonomously and when prompted to make a meal, they just stand in the service room. The housekeeper works brilliantly, but the chef...not so much for me.

you need to patch your basegame.
Top Secret Researcher
#187 Old 22nd May 2014 at 1:51 PM
Hello douglasveiga.. Thank your for addressing each item but I sure hope you did not take my post as a complaint. I LOVE the way this is working in my game and only wanted to share how well it's all working together. I am now able to have a house full of servants, including EA's Maid and Butler and they're not bumping into one another and have had no other problems. Everything they are doing is something I want to see them doing or be able to do via an option and if I've wanted to change any of the "tasks" have been able to do so using a configuration option. This has been a totally amusing way to play a large wealthy family, with all kinds of animals in a huge house with lots of family members. Sooo, again, thank you once again for your mods.

btw: The chair she sits in once in awhile is the couch where she once joined for a video game.
The last quote was in reference to the instance where the Housekeeper likes the hot tub EA's maid has often decided to join her in there. The reference to the Butler was I disabled his autonomous cooking so he would not interfere with the Chef and will focus on other "chores" around the house.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#188 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 10:53 AM
This really helps!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 4:48 PM
yay thanks i'm going to try it with my rich sims thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#190 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:52 AM
thnx u !
Test Subject
#191 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:09 PM
Hi douglasviega!
Thank you for putting your time into making this (free) very cool mod!
Do you think this mod is ever going to work in community lots as well in the future?
I have always hoped that I could make a Teppanyaki restaurant community Lot in my Sims world one day.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#192 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 9:11 AM
very nice thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#193 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:25 PM
Awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 11:36 AM
3Q
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#195 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:49 PM
the chef stays idle .. my game is updated .. what am i doing wrong
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#196 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:08 AM
That's is what i find for a long times!
Test Subject
#197 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 8:05 AM
Cool! I changed my computer back to factory settings months ago because of some virus.... All my sims stuff was gone when I re downloaded it. I started again and downloaded skins clothes hair (packs). I put them on my game. When I played there was lots of lag, I moved the mods into another folder. My game was fine. If I add the mods in after I make my sim will it lag?
Test Subject
#198 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 5:24 PM
Will the chef use fruit and veg already in the fridge?

Just found the answer
Thanks for an amazing mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#199 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 8:57 PM
Thank you so much I loved iT!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#200 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:35 PM
My hero!
Page 8 of 9