Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 8:55 PM
I just finished playing the Printer Sisters household and I wanted to post snapshots I took but it's late and I have to go to bed, but here's a summary of what happened:

Upon opening the lot, the first thing the girls do is play their instruments. They're practicing for a live show that would take place later on at the Just Off Campus Lounge. They barely rolled wants to skill for anything other than creativity, since they've been practicing so much, which got me worried about their grades...

JoAnn and Daisy's OTH turned out to be Music & Dance which is perfect cause it suits their lifestyle. Also, something that I was very pleased about, is that Daisy's not into guys, and JoAnn is bi, so something was bound to happen! And they truly are a perfect match that I had to take them out on their first date! (They even rolled engagement wants after that, but no one's getting engaged in college. I prefer to have them do so after they graduate.)

More details on this tomorrow on my Simblr!

P.S. And I think I know who I'll be hooking up Hi with, since he called to talk to one of them...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 6:49 AM
Andy Bellum has two bolts with Virginia Beech. Maybe I can finally shake her fixation on Junior Mann. Also, Hi got fit. (I was actually thinking to introduce Hi to Goldie, but Andy wanted to meet someone new and Hi didn't yet. Next time!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#28 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 12:15 AM
I'm still enjoying my Land Grant College! I've spent a lot of time making over vacation lots over the last few days (ta da! - I can't wait to send someone to Takemizu Village to check this place out, but the only person who's rolled a want to go there so far is Damon Pythias, and he so can't afford a holiday....), so I haven't played the households as much as usual, but a lot has still happened in the few rotations that I have played!

The sims at the Annya Var Fruhm sorority (now the Wheels household) are doing well, for the most part. Wagon Wheels had a great time at his Dad's over the weekend and has been enjoying school, hanging out with people and celebrating Spooky Day! Helen Wheels has been hard at work, but is currently on maternity leave as she just gave birth to a daughter, Squeakie Wheels. Squeakie's father, Luis Iana, has moved in with the household - bringing quite a lot of money with him, which wasn't a surprise to Helen, as he'd bought her some expensive gifts whilst they were dating. They used some of the money to extend the house (they no longer live in the old sorority house as they couldn't afford the bills - they downsized to a much smaller 3 bedroom house whilst Wagon was away for the weekend), so Wagon now has an upstairs bedroom and Squeakie sleeps in his old room. Ida Juana Knowe still isn't having much luck in life - she *still* hasn't found a job in her dream career, and her latest love interest, ex-dormie Damon Pythias, is engaged to Cliff Notes and constantly rejects her.....

At the Naggard Annya Hoh house things have been very hectic with the triplets! Andy Bellum fortunately had several vacation days, and as Damon Pythias was fired from his job as a gamer he has also been at home to help out. JoAnn Bellum has been focussing on her career, but she finds the time to interact with the triplets and with her step-son, Post Bellum. Post is enjoying school, though he misses having his big half-brother Wagon Wheels around! He hasn't really made any other friends, but he gets on all right with the triplets, who are now toddlers. And the triplets themselves? They are doing OK. Spring Thyme enjoys playing the xylophone, Summer Thyme loves to draw (and has been potty trained by JoAnn) and Stitchin Thyme also enjoys drawing and is almost potty trained. The household is starting to calm down a bit as the triplets become more self-sufficient, so hopefully easier times are ahead for the household. But all three of the adults have to try not to think about the debt hanging over their heads - they all have loans which they are struggling to repay.....

The Nerdists house has been struck by a double tragedy! :-( On yearday 737 two of the three adults passed away - Hugh Knowe came home with a cold and died in the early hours of the morning (possibly his immune system was still weak after giving birth?) and then that night Cliff Notes died whilst giving birth to his half-alien son, Cribb Notes. This leaves Sara Bellum to care for the two little ones by herself - and neither of them are hers! Ai Knowe was hit hard by her father's death but is starting to recover. Cliff had been looking after her whilst the others were at work, and he taught her to walk and talk after her father potty trained her. Sara taught her a nursery rhyme after Cliff's death, to try to make her feel better. Ai has experienced so much death in her life so far! :-(

The Printer Sisters household has also experienced two deaths, but in this case it was the two dogs, Rover and Cleo, who died. Dot Matrix is pregnant, and the baby's father/her fiancé Gerry Manders has moved in with them. He just graduated with a BA in Art, can't wait to get married and will (probably) be throwing a graduation party next rotation. She's enjoying her job, but is currently off work as she's on maternity leave. Daisy Wheels has thrown several parties and often invites her sister, Helen Wheels, and Helen's family over. She really enjoys spending time with them and is excited about meeting the new baby!

The Roseland household is carrying on as normal, pretty much. Cyd got fired from his job as a paramedic, so he has been spending his time making and selling robots and hanging out with his daughter, Cindy Roseland. Sue Roseland is working hard and has been promoted. She also seems keen to get fitter lately, and has taken up jogging (alongside her old hobby of hiking). She would still like another baby but she and Cyd have not been able to conceive - they may need to consider adoption.

Family trees, complete with pictures, can be found here (the main family tree), here (the Matrix/Manders family tree) and (the Roseland family tree) here. I update them as I play, so if you are looking at them any time after right now as I post this they may contain spoilers! :-)
Mad Poster
#29 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 6:31 PM
I hit 500 followers this morning, so here's the post with the pictures and the link:
http://penig.tumblr.com/post/140222...wers-this#notes

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 11:14 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 2nd Mar 2016 at 12:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I hit 500 followers this morning, so here's the post with the pictures and the link:
http://penig.tumblr.com/post/140222...wers-this#notes

Yay! :-D I don't think that I'll use them this time round, but I will certainly be including some of them when I finally get round to playing Widespot + Land Grant College! :-)

I'm still having a great time with this version of Land Grant College, though, so that may not be any time soon! It's now the first day of Spring, and a lot has happened in the last few rotations.

The ex-Annya Fruhm Sorority household is doing pretty well. Helen Wheels and Luis Iana seem happy together (and Helen ignores Luis' occasional flirtations with Mary Ann Joseph - well, Helen is a Romance sim!) but are showing no signs of wanting to commit any more than they already have. Living together is a pretty huge commitment in itself, right!? Luis found a job as an ambassador's intern, which he enjoys - he's keen to advance in his career, but he also wants to take Helen and the kids on holiday! They threw a party on Winter's Eve, which was very successful - they decorated the house and even had a visit from Santa! Wagon Wheels is a helpful, sociable teen - he spends a lot of time with his extended family and friends, just like when he was a child, and he also potty trained little sister Squeakie, who is a very bright toddler and learns things very quickly. Ida Juana Knowe is now casually involved with Damon, who is single since Cliff Notes died, but they haven't been on any actual dates or anything yet. And she *still* hasn't found the job that she's after!

At the ex-Naggard Annya Hoh household (now the Bellum household) things have calmed down a little bit as the late Hi Thyme's triplets are now children. And Post Bellum is a teenager! He loves having fun and being around people, so he's a Pleasure/Popularity sim. He's looking forward to be able to go out and about by himself now he's old enough to do so - and he's already planning his first trip out to buy a cell phone! He still loves spending time with his half-brother Wagon, and he's also made friends with Ai Knowe - she's a lot younger than him, but they get on great. Damon Pythias wants a job as an entertainer, but he hasn't been able to find anything suitable yet. So he's still helping round the house whilst Andy Bellum and JoAnn Gutenberg are at work. Andy and JoAnn are both steadily progressing in their chosen careers, but they also find the time for lots of parties and outings! Summer and Stitchin Thyme are both very keen on fitness, and they spend a lot of time skipping and jumping on their trampoline. Spring prefers to take it easy, and she and Damon spend quite a bit of time playing video games together.

The Nerdists household is recovering from the day in which both Hugh Knowe and Cliff Notes passed away. Sara Bellum is busy looking after their little ones, Ai Knowe and Cribb Notes, who are now a child and a toddler respectively. Both kids love to learn new things and can keep themselves occupied, which gives Sara the chance to do the things that she enjoys, like birdwatching and star-gazing. Which led to her being abducted by aliens - and now she's expecting a little one of her own! (Note: I don't normally allow female pregnancy after abduction, but story-wise it made sense to me that Ai & Cribb's "father" may choose to impregnate Sara as well - and that she'd be OK with it! She has since proved me right by rolling a Have Baby want after her first pregnancy pop). She's finding it difficult to look after Cribb whilst she is pregnant, but Ai invited her friends over and Sara's nephew Post Bellum looked after all the kids for a day, which was a great help!

Over at the Printer Sisters household Dot Matrix gave birth to her and Gerry Manders' son, Comm Manders (Dot and Gerry aren't married, but they are engaged, so the baby took Gerry's surname). She gave birth during a party, thrown by Gerry, and right after the birth, when some of the guests were still gathering round to admire the newborn, Gerry kissed Dulcie De Leche! What a jerk! Dot was very upset - and went to Just Off Campus Bar & Grill for an amazing girls' night out to help her process what had happened - but she and Gerry have rebuilt their relationship and are still engaged - though neither of them seem keen to tie the knot any time soon. Daisy, on the other hand, went on her first date with Ivan Doe - it's been a while since Hi Thyme died, and she felt ready to start dating again - and things have progressed really quickly - Daisy and Ivan are engaged, he will be moving in next rotation and they have the wedding planned for Lover's Day! Daisy also bought a puppy, named Zorro, but Comm is the only one who really interacts with him much. They get on great, though!

At the Roseland place Cyd has achieved a gold badge in robotics. Sue is still enjoying her job, and is planning a holiday to Three Lakes - they bought a little patch of woodland there whilst she was still a student, and once Cindy becomes a teen they are going to go camping there (and Cindy hopes that her parents will allow her friend Ai Knowe to come with them!). Cyd make Santa cookies on Winter's Eve, so the three of them met Santa. He gave them a new stereo, which was an excellent gift as their old one was broken! Cyd and Cindy have taken up swimming and visit the Swim Center every day - hopefully that will help them cope with the cold that they're going to encounter on their camping holiday! Cindy would quite like a baby brother or sister, but Sue has changed her mind about having another baby and thinks that it would be too much, having a little'un in the house again. She may still change her mind, but the family would struggle to afford the adoption fees if she does....

Up-to-date family trees can be found here (the main family tree), here (the Matrix/Manders family tree) and (the Roseland family tree) here.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 11:41 PM
I'm so sad about so many of them dying, but it's good to know that life goes on.

MediaFire is apparently being a jerk about .7z files (something about a false positive for viruses?), so I've uploaded a .rar file, too.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v.../LGUParents.rar

Please let me know if there's any further problems.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 5:23 PM
@M.M.A.A. and @Peni Griffin - I vaguely recall that you shared the SC4 terrain file for Land Grant University, M.M.A.A.? Am I remembering this correctly, and if I am do you know whereabouts you shared it? I'd really like to have it, if possible, so that I can use SimCity 4 & Hood Replace to remove a couple of roads :-)
Mad Poster
#33 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 5:47 PM
He uploaded it just this week right here at MTS!

Mad Poster
#34 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 7:02 PM
He uploaded it just this week right here at MTS!

Oh yes, so he did! :-D Yay! Thank you for sharing it, M.M.A.A.! :-)

I'm having a great time reorganising Land Grant University to turn it into a shopping district college and retail park. I will try to share some pictures soon. I've finally finished setting up Widespot to my satisfaction (at least as far as buildings are concerned, no sims yet - you've seen some of the pictures, I think, Peni, they're on my Tumblr, and I have more to share soon!) and I'm getting very enthusiastic about finally getting to play.

But I have another 25 buildings to make over first......

(And 16 households of sims to add!)
Mad Poster
#35 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 7:22 PM
I'm so sad about so many of them dying, but it's good to know that life goes on.

MediaFire is apparently being a jerk about .7z files (something about a false positive for viruses?), so I've uploaded a .rar file, too.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v.../LGUParents.rar

Please let me know if there's any further problems.

Hey @Peni Griffin I thought you had a Sim File Share account and its way better than mediafire.

If not just let me know in a PM and I will send you a code..

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#36 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 11:01 PM
I've started playing the LGU sims in a main 'hood college set-up within Widespot. If you're interested, you can read about them here. They fit so well into the Widespot dynamics, I love playing them! :-)
Mad Poster
#37 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:20 PM
I apologise for double posting, but this question really fits here better than anywhere else, I think.

I am currently planning a medieval-ish 'hood (medieval-ish with fantasy elements) which will be set 5 sim-days before start-of-play (so pre-Widespot pregnancies etc) and I want to combine Pleasantview, Bluewater Village, some family bin households, Widespot and Land Grant University, including the parents/siblings (?) which Peni created for the LGU sims. Sims/households will be divided up into different classes and I will create extra children for some household (EAxis has so many 1-child families, which would be pretty unlikely in those times if both parents were still alive) - I have decided on classes for most of the EAxis sims and for the Widespot sims, but I would love to have suggestions for suitable classes for the LGU families!

There are 10 playable students in LGU, and they come from 7 families - Bellum, Knowe, Gutenberg, Matrix, Notes, Thyme & Wheels. I would like to have one noble family, one or two families where the head of household (and possibly also the eldest son, if there is one and it seems appropriate) is a knight, one or two merchant or artisan families (with suggestions for what sort of business/craft would be suitable for them) and 3 peasant families.

I am currently inclined to have the Bellums as nobles, the Thyme family as knights, the Wheels family as merchants (though I could definitely be persuaded to swap them around a bit! Possibly Thymes as nobles, Wheels' as knights and Bellums as merchants would make more sense?) and the other families as peasants (or maybe the Notes family as artisans and the others as peasants?), but I would love to know which families people think would work in each class!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:57 PM
I didn't make any siblings for them for sharing, but they're easy enough to generate once you have the parents.

Your own ideas should weigh more than mine, but for what it's worth when I was making them I was thinking that the Bellums and Thymes were the richest and the Knowes the poorest. The Wheels family would be one of those upper-middle-class WASP families that don't think they're wealthy and join the country club, while the Notes would be working hard to keep their middle-class incomes. The Gutenberg and Matrix families would be solidly middle class, though they went about it in slightly different ways.

Wealth of course does not equate to class in the medieval sense. One of the things the nobles found most obnoxious about the rise of the middle class was that so many of them were so much richer than the nobles around them, they could easily afford to flout the sumptuary laws and dress, live, and entertain more lavishly than the "better bred" families.

The really interesting question, of course, is which family contains most fantasy elements? And that I confess to never having thought about.

Forum Resident
#39 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 7:58 PM
I love the idea of including those 'hoods in a medieval setting - I'm doing something similar with Veronaville, Academie le Tour, the bin sims and some custom subhoods, but I really like the characters at LGU. I had considered using it instead of Academie le Tour but the redecorating/medievalizing was too daunting for me.

Since Hi Thyme's dad donated the house to the frat, I'd place the Thymes as either the highest ranking nobles (having land to spare) or as rich merchants.

I'd have Andy Bellum in line to become a knight; in my previous games, he's been into sports and I use a default for the athletics career that turns it to knighthood. He also seems to be at university for fun and due to family expectation, though with a knowledge secondary I've found him to be a great student. In my medieval game, the upper classes are usually expected to go to university, but the lower class sims have to really want to be there and work for it in order to be able to go.

I'd place the Wheels as merchants or artisans; Helen seems to be into social climbing, while Daisy wants to get better at her music. Daisy's back story of others not taking her music seriously could mean that she wants to follow a different trade than her family. I'd look at Helen's hobbies and interests to pick a trade for the family (I randomize hobby preference each time I play and can't recall what she starts with). Last time I played them, Helen was into art; perhaps their family could be potters. If they've got a high interest in travel, I'd consider making them spice merchants.

The Knowes and JoAnn Gutenberg seem fairly ambitious to me; they are at university because of their own efforts. Cliff Notes might fit in that category, too. I'd place those three families as peasants.

I'm not sure what I'd do with Dot Matrix. She's at university for the fun of it, so I'd probably place her as a low ranking noble, but I'd also be tempted to have her be from a minstrel family (she knows how to play instruments and likes the attention it gets her).

I'm going to think about this for a bit. I am now reconsidering my decision not to put them in my new 'hood - I could use more university playables and dormies (they just need new clothes). Thank you!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:44 PM
So far I have connected this university to my Four Corners-Bitville and gone through to "initialize" all the students by setting up each sim's LTW, OTH, orientation, etc. I choose LTWs that I felt made sense, and most OTHs were re-rolled (often several times) with the sim blender; I wanted hobbies that made sense with the sim's bio and also helped balance out my overall hood demographics if possible. Unless a sim's orientation was implied by their bio or already set (I think two of them start as bi), I rolled a 6-sided die and assigned an orientation thus: 2/4/6 = straight, 3/5 = bi, 1 = gay/lesbian. In most cases, I chose a secondary aspiration based on clues in the sim's bio. If a sim didn't have "clues," I left it for now.

Here's how they've come out of that process:

Daisy Wheels: Popularity/Knowledge (20 BF's), Music & Dance, Lesbian
Dot Matrix: Romance (Show Business), Music & Dance, Straight
JoAnn Gutenberg: Fortune/Popularity (Music), Music & Dance, Bi
Helen Wheels: Romance/Pleasure (Slacker), Film & Lit, Bi
Ida Juana Knowe: Popularity (20 BF's), Games, Straight
Andy Bellum: Popularity/Family (Law Enforcement), Sports, Bi
Hi Thyme: Romance/Pleasure (Athletic), Sports, Straight
Cliff Notes: Knowledge (All Skills), Nature, Straight
Hugh Knowe: Knowledge/Popularity (All Skills), Tinkering, Gay
Sarah Bellum: Knowledge/Popularity (Natural Science), Nature, Bi

I'll actually start playing them when Madison and Jacob arrive at college (which will be quite soon; Madison's already on the morning of her last day as a teen and Jacob's about 12 hours behind that).
Mad Poster
#41 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:07 PM
The really interesting question, of course, is which family contains most fantasy elements? And that I confess to never having thought about.

Well, things will be a little different in this 'hood because I want Penny and Woody to be the only half-alien (half-Fae?) sims in the 'hood at start of play, but usually I make an older half-alien brother for Daisy and Helen - his name is Cog. In this 'hood he isn't half-alien, though, he's a non-supernatural sim.

I will make John Gutenberg a carrier of the "Earth magic" gene, which means that his children have a 40% chance of inheriting it and his grandchildren have a 10% chance of inheriting it (though it is only expressed by female sims). JoAnn hasn't inherited it, but if I start John and Jane off with any other children they will each have a 40% chance of inheriting it.

(Not LGU, but Widespot related - Lana Mann randomly rolled to have the "Heart magic" gene, which she, as a female sim, expresses, and Junior is a carrier of the gene, giving his children a 50% chance of inheriting it - the usual 40% + 10% as one of his parents also has the gene).

Other than that I don't really play many supernaturals. I play plantsims as a separate species, named either Naelves or Dragonkin, and heavily modded and customised to fit how I imagine them. I plan on having a Dragonkin community in the "tropical" (probably more Mediterranean than tropical in this case) vacation destination but they won't be premade sims (and may not even be playable, I haven't decided yet). I don't play vampires or werewolves, though I quite like the idea of making vampirism and lycanthropy into illnesses of some kind; possibly mental illnesses, or something like rabies, or an allergy/skin condition, I can't quite figure out how to make it work in my game. I don't play with zombies at all. Bigfoot doesn't exist in this neighbourhood, and servos don't exist (yet?).

So I guess that in this case the Gutenbergs have the most fantasy elements!

Have I missed any supernaturals/fantasy stuff?
Field Researcher
#42 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
There are 10 playable students in LGU, and they come from 7 families - Bellum, Knowe, Gutenberg, Matrix, Notes, Thyme & Wheels. I would like to have one noble family, one or two families where the head of household (and possibly also the eldest son, if there is one and it seems appropriate) is a knight, one or two merchant or artisan families (with suggestions for what sort of business/craft would be suitable for them) and 3 peasant families.

I am currently inclined to have the Bellums as nobles, the Thyme family as knights, the Wheels family as merchants (though I could definitely be persuaded to swap them around a bit! Possibly Thymes as nobles, Wheels' as knights and Bellums as merchants would make more sense?) and the other families as peasants (or maybe the Notes family as artisans and the others as peasants?), but I would love to know which families people think would work in each class!

Oooh, interesting question!

It's hard for me to see the LGU sims as anything but college students, and of course no medieval peasants would be likely to be able to send their children to university, so that part gets tricky. And for the Printer Sisters - if you want to keep them as the equivalent of a band - well, it depends very much on what type of medieval society you're thinking of. If it's your typical high medieval fantasy thing, a la 12th-13th century, then entertainers would be below merchants in status; if you're going more for Celtic or Anglo-Saxon style worlds, then bards would be much more respected. Either way, I would give the three of them different backgrounds. Perhaps the Gutenbergs are a family of entertainers; Dot comes from a peasant background but was born with a talent; the Wheels family are wealthy merchants and Daisy did the equivalent of running off to the circus, while Helen is the dutiful daughter looking to marry up, maybe even into nobility. Likewise, I feel like Andy and Hi both have knightly potential, but maybe one of them was born to it while the other is aspiring to it as a step up the social ladder (or was/will be knighted for his service). The Knowes I see as craftsmen. I'd say the Notes family could be peasants, except that would mean illiteracy which puts some obstacles in the way of Cliff's thirst for knowledge.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:57 PM
I have recently been looking into Hexagonal-Bipiramid's 3t2 Traits System and I was wondering if anyone else was planning on assigning traits to the LGU sims (and the parents that Peni made for them on Tumblr)? Does anyone have any ideas regarding which traits would be appropriate for different LGU sims? As mods utilising the traits system are still in the process of being created/released it's impossible to know exactly what effects each trait will have on the game, but I still think that it's interesting to think about! :-)

There is a list of traits here. I think that it includes all of the TS3 (non-hidden) traits.
Page 2 of 2