Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 1:58 AM
Thank you so much Jawusa for continuing to support this cause. Your work is great!
I'm using some of your clean templates (D001, B001 and all stealth) and I'm testing them, so far didn't find anything wrong but how can I know if a lot has sim references? There are a lot of things I still don't know and I feel so amateur in this "avoiding corruption procedures". I'm doing a lot of reading about TS2 avoiding corruption and it seems so complicated sometimes. I'm afraid of every step I do in game, if will corrupt it or leave junk files.
I'm going to check your University clean templates soon.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 8:11 AM
@Biara25 Open up your lot.package in SimPE.
To find your lot.package, load your lot in-game and save the lot.

Now quit the game and open SimPE. Go to Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\(Your Neighborhood Folder)\Lots and sort by date.
The most recently edited file is your lot.package. Open it with SimPE.

If you find any:

-Sim Information
-Sim Relations
-Sim Scores
-Sim DNA
-Family Tree

,then your lot contains sim references. But don't worry, maybe it's linking to one of the universal sims like the Grim Reaper who appears in every neighborhood.
You can delete those files, if you want to be safe. After you deleted the files, start the game and load your neighborhood and your lot. Save your lot one more time and you're good to go.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 6:16 PM
Thank you Jawusa for your help
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 9:00 PM
You're welcome, Biara25!

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 5:12 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:21 AM.
It's time to resurrect this thread, isn't it?

Today, I can upload the clean emptied version of Strangetown. I've also been working on Veronaville and it will be available by tonight or tomorrow. We'll see.

In EA's version, these lots have gravestones.
Pleasantview:
-Goth lot
-Dreamer lot
-Caliente lot
Strangetown:
-Specter lot
Veronaville:
-Capp lot
-Monty lot
Downtown:
-Gothier Green Lawns
-House of Fallen Trees
Belladonna Cove:
-Gamesend Grounds
-Public Museum

Are there any other lots which have tombstones?

ETA: OK. Empty Veronaville is finished. Now, I'll start working on the empty Downtown template.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 7:46 AM
Hello Jawusa,

I will testing these Neighborhoods.
It´s fun for me and i love new NB Things.

I´m not a native english speaker.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 9:07 AM
Thank you @Tigercat58

If you see anything unusual or if Mootilda's HoodChecker is throwing an error, please let me know. It's been a while since someone reported something, so I remade the templates. But I haven't got any reports on the new versions yet.
By the way, all of these neighborhoods are EA's neighborhoods. I've just removed the sims from the neighborhood and cleaned the lots from the sim references.
So only the previously-occupied lots need testing, all the other lots should be OK. If you're testing one of the empty templates, make sure that you add the 'hood to your test neighborhood.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 5:16 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:22 AM.
OK. The clean version of the emptied Downtown is available now.
Please let me know if you find any issues. Thanks.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 12:55 PM
So, the Empty_Strangetown is finished with testing.
No Problems at all.
My Testsim "Simona Tester" is looking forward to move in a new ´Hood.
Screenshots

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 10:11 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:22 AM.
Thanks for testing Strangetown. I'm glad there aren't any issues.

I also emptied the 3 vacation destinations.
Because these neighborhoods didn't have any occupied lots, they don't need much testing but I'm not sure whether the secret vacation lots are fully working or not. Could someone test the secret vacation lots, please? Thanks.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 5:20 PM
I´v tested the Empty Downtown and Empty Veronaville
No Problems

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 8:29 PM
Thank you @Tigercat58
I'm glad to hear that there are no issues.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 1:02 PM
Twikki, Three Lakes and Takemizu are all tested.
I met Bigfoot, the Vodoo doctor and the Old Thai-Chi Master (or whatever his name is )
Everything is right
Anything else to be tested?

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigercat58
Twikki, Three Lakes and Takemizu are all tested.
I met Bigfoot, the Vodoo doctor and the Old Thai-Chi Master (or whatever his name is )
Everything is right
Anything else to be tested?

I'm glad that the secret vacation lots are fully working.

Well, I also emptied Pleasantview, the three universities and Bluewater Village. They can be found here, here and here.
These neighborhoods also need testing, please.

But you know, you don't have to playtest the neighborhoods. Please only do it if you really want to playtest them.
As usual, the previously-occupied lots need more testing.
(Special for universities only) the secret society lots need more testing.
(Special for Bluewater Village only) the previously-owned community lots need more testing.

Again, if you're testing Bluewater Village or the universities, please only attach to your test neighborhood, not to your neighborhood which you care for.

I appreciate that you test my neighborhoods, I really do! So, thank you very much for your time! :lovestruc

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:50 AM
Dear Jawusa,

i really, really love it to play in Sims 2 and testing Neighborhood´s :lovestruc

And yesterday i´ve tested Pleasantview, Don´s house, there was a strange bug.
I´ve two Screenshots, this dog, i don´t know..suddenly he was in the house, stucking
in the floor, turned in circles, could not chase him away, nothing, the dog was not able
to leave the house, then i cheated with moveobjects and "sold" him in the buy mode.

Then i wanted to reproduced the bug, i adopted him, nothing, all was "normal".
My Sim moved out and in the house, no bug.
My Thoughts: this was a brandnew Hood, and this dog was maybe the first stray dog that
the game generated? Hm..i don´t know.

In the Caliente House, all was normal, in the night came the burglar
I played without any Downloads in this Test Hood.
Screenshots

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 12:53 PM
Strange. I'll test that out myself and see whether the dogs can be chased or not.
I thought the pre-scripted burglar wouldn't work anymore. Interesting. Were your sims asleep when the burglar came?

Thank you for testing this neighborhood.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Strange. I'll test that out myself and see whether the dogs can be chased or not.
I thought the pre-scripted burglar wouldn't work anymore. Interesting. Were your sims asleep when the burglar came?

Thank you for testing this neighborhood.

Yes, my sim was sleeping when the burglar came.
In Veronville in the Summerdream´s house, are also the pre-scripted Party started, I´ve mentioned this not, was for me no bug.
"It´s Time for a Party" then ended with a boring Party,

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 5:47 PM
OK, thank you. *sigh* That means I'll have to re-do the neighborhoods and try to remove the pre-scripted scenarios as it ought to be completely free from sim references.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:41 PM
So, i´m tested the 3 universities, the secret society lots are all okay.
I will now testing Bluewater village.

Field Researcher
#95 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:04 PM Last edited by Airelda : 14th Jan 2016 at 11:28 PM.
Hi Jawusa,
Thanks for all your hard work! I am really keen to try your method. I've had little luck so far with creating empty neighborhoods.

I was reading your install instructions and I realised that you have listed three templates there that I can't find downloads for. They are Apartment Life E001; Freetime F001 and Seasons G001.

I'm curious if these template links are somewhere I couldn't find? Or are they not really necessary? Or perhaps you are still working on them and they are not yet released?

Thanks for any information!

Edited to add - I just created a new neighborhood, and attached Downtown, Bluewater Village and all three Vacation and Uni hoods to it. And the sim bins and neighbourhood are completely simless!! Yay! Thank you so much!!
Field Researcher
#96 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 2:16 AM
@Janwusa

Just want to thank you for all your hard work. I downloaded these today, as I am prepping to do some new hoods, working them up all the way up with custom sims (medieval hood). If I could hit a thank button a couple hundred times, I would!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 7:00 PM
@Airelda I've already uploaded them. They're here. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

My Simblr
Test Subject
#98 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 4:29 PM
Hey, I'm new with this and have a few questions...

If I replace my neighborhood templates with your clean&empty files, every newly created Neighborhood would avoid creating all the townies, NPSs, and bin families, that came up with the EP's template.

And if I additionally take a copy of your file and put it into my Neighborhoods folder (under documents), they are just like the MaxisHoods, but empty?
(And this case is what you'd like to have tested here, am I getting it right?)

But it wouldn't affect the already existing (Maxismade) Hood of the same kind, so e.g. Goopy wouldn't dissappear in Pleasentview and custom Hoods that where created before installing the template. Am I right with this?

So if I wouldn't have loaded Pleasentview one time before installing the template, all the families provided there would be there, only the Townies (e.g. Goopy) wouldn't show up, right?

It's kind of hard for a newbe to get all the Information puzzled together the right way, so I would be pleased if you could help me a little bit

And could you give me a hint on where to find useful instructions on how to clean a lot before moving it somewhere else as you mentioned above?

I like the idea of this project and as nobody of your downloaders complains it seems to be well done^^
Mad Poster
#99 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 5:10 PM
Using these templates will not change existing neighborhoods.

The whole point of using empty templates is that deleting sims is a Very Bad Thing which always corrupts the neighborhood - because deleting leaves bits of unattached data drifting around the neighborhood, waiting to attach itself where ever it gets a chance, no matter how inappropriate that may be. This may happen immediately or it may take a long time, with effects as slight as toddlers with Lifetime Wants, as bizarre as cats that think they're human, or as drastic as the entire neighborhood disappearing. So people who don't want the same default set of townies and/or bin sims in every single neighborhood have to prevent these sims from being generated in the first place rather than using the in-game tools or cheats to get rid of them, in order to prolong the life of their hood.

When you first load a neighborhood, you have to sit through a longer than usual loading screen. If you sit and watch it, you'll see it change once in awhile, indicating what task is being done. First it loads the neighborhood, and then it loads the "stealth hoods" - the subhoods in the program files containing the Ottomas family, the Pleasantview townies, and so on - for each EP. When the "Pets" logo is up, it's loading the Critturs, Cyd Roseland, and a bunch of strays. Once those sims are in the neighborhood, they're in, and only direct action by the player will remove them.

Since we don't have access to the game's source code, we keep learning new things about how it works. Jawusa is using the most up-to-date knowledge and tools available. It is possible that using her templates will result in perfect uncorrupted hoods. Or it is possible that they will lead to us expanding our knowledge of how the code can be screwed up, which is the only way to expand our knowledge of how to prevent it! Playtesting is partly intended to reveal any mistakes she may have made along the way, any hiccups in her procedures that remain, and possibly new kinks in the code will be revealed in use.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#100 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 12:38 PM
Thanks for your reply
Good to know..

So.. the changes Jawusa did on the Templates.. do they affect the prevention of Townie creation by the game (everytime a new neighborhood is created or loaded for the first time) in any other way than the empty templates that existed before? Or where those changes mainly done to make playing inside such an empty maxis hood (if used as template and playable neighborhood) a safe thing?
Or is this a thing you can't be really shure about?
Page 4 of 9