Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 1:36 AM
Default Legacy version - Ive lost all my previous Lots and games
Ohhh, I think I already know the answer to this but, hope knows no bounds.... I downloaded the Legacy version because of my ancient Mac and when I start up Legacy I see that I have lost all game play and lots Ive created in the previous version. So is it true that Ive lost them forever and will need to rebuild? or can I somehow upload previous gameplay/lots?

Louise

------------
Love The Sims. Love Architecture
Trying to combine the two here
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 1:50 AM
What's the legacy version?

If you've lost your previous saved games, there aren't any ways to get them back unless they're not actually lost or just hiding out in the paper bin if accidentally deleted.

If they're lost, at least you've learned the value of keeping an up-to-date backup of your game (preferably on a device separate from your computer, like a flash drive or external harddrive of some sort). That's the best strategy against lost games or overwritten files.
Inventor
#3 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
What's the legacy version?

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/st...-legacy-edition
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 11:13 PM
Thanks Simmer22. The Legacy version is for us poor things running The Sims on an old computer. Their latest update no longer support my old Mac so EA created the Legacy version to allow us to keep playing the game - just no more updates for me until I update my computer. Im such a luddite, I didnt even know I *could* back up my games! Ive just played the core game with a couple of expansions but had no real idea of all the ways I can play the game with mods etc etc. Im now exploring all this other stuff I can do.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 11:31 PM
The auto link in my post directs to how to do backups for TS2, but it's really not too different.

You simply go to whichever folder is instead of the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 on a Mac (the TS4 folder where you find your Mods and pictures and such that isn't the location of the installed files). Copy the entire The Sims 4 folder, and save it to somewhere safe. Now you have a full backup of your pictures, mods and neighborhoods/worlds.

I don't know if that backup would work with the regular non-legacy version of the game, but it should work with the one you currently have.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 5:40 PM
@4sims4 - do you have a dropbox folder, or use any free cloud services? I know the sizes vary - but that is a great way to backup your games, mods, tray, screenshots and zips of downloads. Dropbox is 2gb but I think google is 15gb? (tired brain) I don't know about Mac for using external drives, but icloud is 99c a month (for 50GB). I use a combo of cloud and external drives to save everything but I highly recommend.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 10:10 PM
The new save folder for the Legacy Edition is Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Legacy Edition.
The original save folder should still be there, so you can try to rename or copy Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Legacy Edition to restore your previous saves, but not sure if that will work.