Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#451 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 5:24 PM Last edited by abbeyb21 : 10th Dec 2007 at 8:04 PM. Reason: added info
Hi!
I got to the finish but...
When I went to view the file in bodyshop it crashed when I clicked on it!? Is it because the mesh file isn't working???
Thanks!
Abbeyb21
PS: I am using Milkshape!! I didn't get far at all using wings - it just got on my nerves!

If I could I would, If i can I will
Advertisement
Test Subject
#452 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 2:47 PM
Hi,

I've got a strange mistake, look:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/115/image13in6.png

Everything worked fine, but you see strange lines around the Sim, how can I fix that?
Thanks
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#453 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 2:02 AM
Rowena - that's odd - it looks like something happened to your mesh.
Please try again with totally fresh files. Also please let me know exactly which version of SimPE you're using.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#454 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 9:39 AM
Well I have Bon Voyage, but there hasn't been a version with Bon Voyage yet, but I don't know if that's a problem..? My version is 0.62.1.100. But must I try again from the beginning or just change anything in Milkshape?
(sorry for my english)
Test Subject
#455 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 5:45 PM
:d Amazing! Thank!!!

Red like blood White like bone Red like solitude
White like silence Red like the senses of the beast
White like the heart of a god Red like molten hatred
White like chilling cries of pain Red like shadows that feed on the night Like a sigh peircing the moon.
It shines white, and scatters red.
Inventor
#456 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 9:50 AM
hello Tiggerypum,
What's the difference between body meshing using Unimesh and milkshape and using the Mesh Tool.

They kind of look alike; is one less complicated or ????????????

Jack

:::OpenHouse For Sims:::
[ click here to go there ]
::check out my site for updates and freebies::
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#457 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 5:36 PM
OHJ - From the first post:

"This uses the simplest of tools – MeshTool, to allow for the changes to the mesh. Because of this, you cannot add or delete points on the mesh, but you can move them. You can change the width of sleeves, make a skirt a bit longer or shorter, or give the sim larger or smaller proportions. Your modified mesh will get fit and fat in the game."

Meshtool doesn't let you do as much, basically, but can still be useful for small changes.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#458 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OpenHouseJack
hello Tiggerypum,
What's the difference between body meshing using Unimesh and milkshape and using the Mesh Tool.

They kind of look alike; is one less complicated or ????????????

Jack

They are different, using meshtool is limited, while unimesh is wide open.

If you actually read the tutorial you will notice that using meshtool you have to snap the points, using unimesh you delete points.

the mesh won't work if you delete any points from the mesh, using meshtool of course.

Read the top of the tutorial
Test Subject
#459 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 1:40 AM
Thankyou so much for this tutorial! I was just wondering what I've done wrong, since even after redoing my mesh two times over, checking it in bodyshop it still explodes. I'm extremely confused since I'm sure I've followed the steps and everything (with the use of this tutorial).

In the first mesh I used the scale option (in Wings 3D) to adjust the thinness of the mesh by just a tiny bit since I thought scale was in the same category as move. Maybe I was wrong, so I made a new mesh using only the move verticies option. That exploded too.

Sorry I don't have a picture to elaborate further, I've deleted both packages in frustration ._. It basically looks like a mess of thing, spiking all over the place and covering the whole body in the 'T' shape with exception of the head.

Thankyou~
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#460 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 3:27 AM
yeyavailability - wings huh. Are you using the special directions for wings? Wings doesn't preserve the order of the data, so it will indeed make an exploded mess of things unless you use the special plugin. You had to follow the link to Hellborn's Vertex Mapper and then follow the extra steps to use Wings.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=57446

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#461 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 9:13 PM
Yes I did, but it still explodes. I follow your tutorial until step 32 then switch to the Wings 3D one, and after I finish with that I go back to your tutorial at step 47.

I realize I've missed the second post of the vertice mapper where it said the things about step 29 and 31. I'm a bit confused there--by "When you get to step 29" does it mean on your tutorial or the wings one? I'm guessing it's your tutorial, but there's nothing to import to remap. Also I don't see a 'remap verticies' command. Maybe I'm just blind, but I'm extremely confused.

If it wasn't talking about this tutorial then I'm even more confused since I've done everything it said three times now. I've only used scale and move, I haven't deleted or added any points.

Thank you for any consideration.
Instructor
#462 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yeyavailability
Yes I did, but it still explodes. I follow your tutorial until step 32 then switch to the Wings 3D one, and after I finish with that I go back to your tutorial at step 47.

I realize I've missed the second post of the vertice mapper where it said the things about step 29 and 31. I'm a bit confused there--by "When you get to step 29" does it mean on your tutorial or the wings one? I'm guessing it's your tutorial, but there's nothing to import to remap. Also I don't see a 'remap verticies' command. Maybe I'm just blind, but I'm extremely confused.

If it wasn't talking about this tutorial then I'm even more confused since I've done everything it said three times now. I've only used scale and move, I haven't deleted or added any points.

Thank you for any consideration.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=267144
Test Subject
#463 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:59 PM Last edited by goofo3 : 8th May 2008 at 5:44 PM.
Hi, in one part of your tutorial you've said to click on resource finder, I don't have tads along the right like in your screen-shot and it isn't under windows either, all I get when I click on windows (the options with resource in them) is: Resource....List, Tree, Actions, Infromation and Filter Resources. Do I have the wrong version of SimsPE or am I just not looking hard enough?

OOPS-I posted this twice (I have deleted the other post) because I couldn't find this post after I had written it - I thought it was on the forum for the Unimesh and Milkshape tutorial.
retired moderator
#464 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 6:17 PM
goofo3 - You should have a lot more under the Window menu than that. Try upgrading your SimPE. I think it's called something slightly different in the newest version but it still says "Resource Finder" in the name.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
retired moderator
#465 Old 7th May 2008 at 4:48 PM
It's afbodydresslongloose, not afbodysressloose. The tutorial says what to do if you don't have a Finder tab along the side... "Use the Finder Tab (it should be on the right edge or the bottom of the screen, if you can’t see it, try the menu Window – Resource Finder) and put in the name “afbodydresslongloose” and hit the Start button. SimPE will chew on this for a while, there will be a green bar updating at the bottom of the screen. This was really slow on my system, now might be a time to get up and stretch or grab a glass of water."

I know this stuff is complicated but... well... erm... it's complicated. If you get stuck on something, make sure you're reading it properly and doing it right, and see if there's something you've perhaps missed. Meshing takes time, skill, patience, and attention to detail. If you're missing stuff posted right in the tutorial, I'm afraid you're going to have a lot of difficulty making your own meshes once you're done with all the tutorials and meshing on your own.

We cannot see screenshots on your hard drive. You need to upload them to a picture hosting service like Photobucket.com

Test Subject
#466 Old 8th May 2008 at 5:36 PM Last edited by goofo3 : 8th May 2008 at 5:42 PM.
I went back onto the site to see if I could get another version of SimPE but there seems to only be one version off the main thing, I have SimPE-Setup-0.66.exe (0.66, 6.997 mb). This is the one that says "If you don't know which file you require, this is the right one" underneath. Is that the wrong version? There is also SimPE light download, SimPE Photostudio Templates and SimPE Base careers -do I need any of those? I even tried searching "resource finder" in the search engine, as you said it had resource finder in the name, but no downloads came up.
retired moderator
#467 Old 8th May 2008 at 6:00 PM
The main SimPE file should be the right one. You shouldn't need any of the extras besides the managed directX extensions linked on the SimPE site. The resource finder is part of SimPE.

Test Subject
#468 Old 29th May 2008 at 3:43 AM
I've got as far as that selecting of the vertexes in the first part of the milkshape bit... when I try to select a point it just turns the body (rotates it aorund) like it does when u have to position it. how do i resolve this to select the points?
Test Subject
#469 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:31 PM
Hey thank you a lot for this tuorieal, it is really nice, but... i cannot just start the milkshape~! i ve done really well so far, but when i finally need to start the mikshape, it show that DRIVER COMPONENTS MISMATCH! and i've also triet that another program for editing the mesh or whatever and it also didnt work - they both showed the same message! i know that it is not really connected to you tutorial, but i am just wonedring.. maybe you know what is the problem here? plz help me if u can! thx a lot in advance!!!
Test Subject
#470 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:39 PM
Default Dutch translation of Beginner's Mesh Tutorial
Hi guys,

I have a Dutch translation of this tutorial. Please let me know if you are interested, than I will post it as well .

Regards,

Sibeal88
Test Subject
#471 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 12:43 AM
Can you please help?
I'm stuck on step 8...yeah pathetic.
I got the results and all but I double click on the gmdc thing and nothing happens, I've tried it many times.
Also on mine, it doesn't say Geometric Data Container, it's just afbodydresslonglosse gmdc or whatever, why is that?
Mad Poster
#472 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by auroradestiny
Can you please help?
I'm stuck on step 8...yeah pathetic.
I got the results and all but I double click on the gmdc thing and nothing happens, I've tried it many times.
Also on mine, it doesn't say Geometric Data Container, it's just afbodydresslonglosse gmdc or whatever, why is that?

I always got stuck on Step 8, too. There's an easier way to extract the four files (if you have a recent version of SimPE), but this tutorial hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Once you have the name of your file (in your case, it looks like you're doing the tutorial as it's written, so it will be afbodydresslongloose... write it down), go and make a new file in SimPE. Then go to Tools>PJSE>Body Mesh Tool>Extracting stage. Type afbodydresslongloose into the box. Hit OK and the four files you need will be extracted for you. Then you can skip down to Step 15 and save your file with a unique filename, etc.
Test Subject
#473 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 1:34 PM
Ive gotten through the whole tutorial, exporting and editing the mesh. But when i try to import it my changes dont show up. I only see the unedited mesh. Have been trying to figure out what the problem is.. the .obj file that I am loading in Meshtool contains the changes to the mesh.. but after using Meshtool I cant see any changes to the mesh either in SimPE preview or in Bodyshop. Got any ideas why?
Test Subject
#474 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 3:19 PM
Thank you tiggerypum for writing this tutorial, I just printed it out and will try my darnest to make a mesh, (which I've wanted to do forever).
I would like to thank all the people who have asked questions in this post, because it makes me feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one that has trouble. I've tried another tutorial on meshing and nothing would show up in BS, so I will try this tutorial. Kisses!!!!!!!

Sweetpeapeggy
Test Subject
#475 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 8:44 PM
Wow
Wow, I don't understand any of that, maybe there's an easier way???
Please, my brain won't take that much! But still, at least I know how to do it, thanks!!!
Page 19 of 21