Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:05 AM
Default Mods not showing in game
Hi i was wondering if someone could help me.
I've downloaded a few mods and only some of them are working. The remove mosaic one has worked
but things like clothing or facial features or male body hair. they're just not showing up in my game.
I placed them in the mods folder in my documents (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods)....anyone know why its not showing up?

Thank yoooou
Cait
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:28 AM
Check the install instructions for the mods that you downloaded.
Some of them require that you extract them from the zip file that they are packaged in.
Double check to see if you have any *.zip files in your mods directory.

Note: Some files require that you DO NOT extract them from their zip files (normally these are *.py or *.pyo files)

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
Check the install instructions for the mods that you downloaded.
Some of them require that you extract them from the zip file that they are packaged in.
Double check to see if you have any *.zip files in your mods directory.

Note: Some files require that you DO NOT extract them from their zip files (normally these are *.py or *.pyo files)

I attached an image of my mods folder, as you can see all the files have already been unzipped into the mods folder.... but they just don't show up in the game.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 12:28 PM Last edited by alexims : 3rd Oct 2014 at 12:57 PM.
A lot of mods (like clothings) are added as a recolor. I made you an example, if you place a mod that add a new T-shirt, if you don't see through the CAS thumbnails what you're looking for, almost certainly it's a standalone recolor of a default T-shirt. Look between the colors to find the mod you've added.
This also applies for facial textures, skins, and anything else.

EDIT: I also have the Nyakai Freckles packages in my mods. Open CAS, click on your sim's face and go to "Skin Details". This mod is here. Check if there you have it too.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:43 PM
May be it's a stupid answer but did you think to allow the Mods in game in the settings? did you see the list of your CC when you enter in game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lehahia
May be it's a stupid answer but did you think to allow the Mods in game in the settings? did you see the list of your CC when you enter in game?

yeah I saw it once and asked to not see it again. I've looked in options and the only thing I've seen about mods is the scripting mod one. Which I don't think apply to any of the mods I've downloaded
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:22 PM
I'm having the same problem right here, did what mummy_001 said and they still not show.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 5:03 PM Last edited by kampffenhoff : 8th Nov 2014 at 5:24 PM.
You no longer need to have an unpackedmod folder in your mods folder. It was fixed in the October 1st patch. I no longer have one and all my mods and custom content show up fine. This was only for XML mods and was fixed in the October 1st patch. I just checked to make sure.

You have more than one version of the BH mods. There is a new version out version 3.1. Remove all the others and install that one. You just need one file either v3 on its own or the new one version 3.1. Perhaps having duplicates cancels them out or something. This may be causing a problem. You also seem to have two lots of the dawn and sunset eyelashes.
Scholar
#9 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 8:46 PM Last edited by mummy_001 : 9th Nov 2014 at 10:34 AM.
sabrinavzla

Please read the following links.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content

Also make sure you have updated your game to the latest patch.

Make sure in the game settings you have turned on Script Mods

Before updating your game take out ALL cc and mods
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
You no longer need to have an unpackedmod folder in your mods folder. It was fixed in the October 1st patch. I no longer have one and all my mods and custom content show up fine. This was only for XML mods and was fixed in the October 1st patch. I just checked to make sure.

You have more than one version of the BH mods. There is a new version out version 3.1. Remove all the others and install that one. You just need one file either v3 on its own or the new one version 3.1. Perhaps having duplicates cancels them out or something. This may be causing a problem. You also seem to have two lots of the dawn and sunset eyelashes.

Cait312 the one with more than one version of BH Mods.

sabrinavzla is a new person with the same issue.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Cait312 the one with more than one version of BH Mods.

sabrinavzla is a new person with the same issue.

I was meaning the message for CAIT 312. Anyhow, it applies to anyone who has more than one version of the same mod, I think.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
sabrinavzla

Please read the following links.

Also make sure you have updated your game to the latest patch.

Make sure in the game settings you have turned on Script Mods

Before updating your game take out ALL cc and mods

I have the same problem with my game
Hey if anyone could help me with this, I have 7-zip file opener and downloaded some CC files such as yoga pants and body hair, however they are not coming up in my sims 4 game. At first it would come up with a caution sign at the beginning of the game and have none of my files there, but now it has nothing and still no files. Originally I had the adblock mod and that was the only one that did in fact work. I thought it was my resource .cfg so I downloaded another original one, but this still comes up. (it did not used to)
When I double click on the resource.cfg, and now my other CCs in the mod file and says "Unable to find software for this selected file"
Is this the problem to as why my mods are not opening on my sims 4 game? Or what else do you suppose I do?
Thanks to anyone who could help
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 10:21 AM
It doesnt work for me i just paste it and nothing changes
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th May 2015 at 9:20 PM
I fixed my problem, I forgot to answer in here! I had to edit the Resource file to let the game read my mods sub-folders:
Priority 500 PackedFile *.package PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

It originally was like:
Priority 500 PackedFile *.package PackedFile */*.package
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th May 2015 at 12:32 AM
No matter what I do I can't get the mods to work!
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:58 PM
I have the same problem with my game
Hey if anyone could help me with this, I have 7-zip file opener and downloaded some CC files such as yoga pants and body hair, however they are not coming up in my sims 4 game. At first it would come up with a caution sign at the beginning of the game and have none of my files there, but now it has nothing and still no files. Originally I had the adblock mod and that was the only one that did in fact work. I thought it was my resource .cfg so I downloaded another original one, but this still comes up. (it did not used to)
When I double click on the resource.cfg, and now my other CCs in the mod file and says "Unable to find software for this selected file"
Is this the problem to as why my mods are not opening on my sims 4 game? Or what else do you suppose I do?
Thanks to anyone who could help

moves your mods file on the desktop, clears the resource cfg your mods folder , then restarts the game without custom content . leaving the game. you end a file mods brand new. puts your personalized content and restarts your play. ( the resource cfg is refurbished ) .
I hope it has helped you.
Scholar
#17 Old 12th May 2015 at 8:54 AM
You get the message "Unable to find software for this selected file" because your trying to open a file that is not able to be opened. It is a file the game reads not one you can open....all normal there.
I'd say you have not set up your resource.cfg file properly
Also after last update you have to go back into game settings and turn on script files again.
The following link has detailed instructions on installing CC please read them

Here is what my resource.cfg looks like

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 11:32 PM
Ive done all this, tried everything, have the newest version, and still cant get mods to show in game. And i use TSR.....what is going on?
Scholar
#19 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 2:32 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 21st Aug 2015 at 2:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BludgeonFister
Ive done all this, tried everything, have the newest version, and still cant get mods to show in game. And i use TSR.....what is going on?

It might be helpful to start your own thread and give more of a description about what's happening....

You have done all what exactly?....
What Mods are not showing in your game?

Go to the TSR where you downloaded the mod and ask the creator about the issue your having.... They will often help you too...
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 8:13 PM
all i know is i had all the same problems!!! then i did a bunch of research and i finally found something and it was literally the smallest thing ever lol all i had to do was go into my celebs sub folder in my mods folder and take out everything in that folder because simply i had downloaded images ...thinking i was downloading cc so it seriously can be the smallest lil detail and i know its super frustrating just...read a couple help forums and compare what ppls advice is to your problem !!!sorry if this isnt helpful at all!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 10:43 PM
Default Thank You!
Quote: Originally posted by lehahia

You've really helped me! Thank you so so much!
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 3:57 AM
Hi, i have the same sort of problem,
My mods folder is rather large (548 mods) and i do alot with cc BUT not all of my cc show. only like 40% show. i do have meshes and everything installed exactly. i was looking for some help on this because i know someone with over 1,000 mods and they say all of theirs work.

Thanks if anyone could help :D
Forum Resident
#23 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jesse612
Hi, i have the same sort of problem,
My mods folder is rather large (548 mods) and i do alot with cc BUT not all of my cc show. only like 40% show. i do have meshes and everything installed exactly. i was looking for some help on this because i know someone with over 1,000 mods and they say all of theirs work.

Thanks if anyone could help :D

Maybe you have CC overwriting one another? Did you try using the mod conflict detector to see if any of them don't get along? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=561550

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 11:49 PM
I turned off Laptop Mode and now they work! Thank you <33
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 4:14 PM
Hey, I'm having the same issue as we speak, and what I'm basically doing is copying all of my mods onto a USB stick, then deleting all my mods and pasting them back in the folder. No idea if it will work, will tell you if it does.
Page 1 of 2