Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 9:14 PM
Can't find CC in the game
First, sorry for my bad English skills. So here's my problem with CC

I've used lot of CC in Sims 3, I've watched tutorials and I know how to do it in Sims 4. But I still can't find my CC in CAS?

Everything is nicely in the Mods folder, all the .package files I downloaded from various websites. (hairs, skins, clothes and so on..) When I start the game, it tells me that they are found. But when I go to CAS, there is none of them. (I've been searching them for a good while now.) There are no subfolders in the Mods folder and I haven't touched the resource.cfg thing. I've also restarted my game.

All help is welcome! Thanks forehand.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 9:48 PM
Sometimes you need not only the mod, but MESHES as well. Have you checked if you downloaded them as well?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight
Sometimes you need not only the mod, but MESHES as well. Have you checked if you downloaded them as well?

Yes, and I downloaded at least 50 things. :/
I wonder if this is about not updating the patch. I haven't connected my game to origin because the product key is missing and haven't found a way to find it. It was much easier with Sims 3..
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 1:08 AM
You need the product key only once, after installing Sims for the first time. Not for every update/patch. For updating you only need your Origin-account.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 3:19 PM
Suggestion:

Try downloading some custom content that is older. Older stuff won't need the latest patch. Put it in your mods folder and load the game. If you can see the "older" content then you will know that it's a problem with patching. If you still can't see the "older" content it's not a patching problem.
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 6:32 PM
I suggest you Google for

How To Install Custom Content in The Sims 4

There are several videos that might show you where you are going wrong.
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 4:47 AM
can you post a screenshot of the location of your mods folder? The picture i posted shows the path of where my mods folder is (I generated a new one so there is no clutter).
Screenshots
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 9:53 AM
Make sure you also have the Custom content and script mods enabled in the game options.
When in the game open the game options, go to the other tab and there you can enable cc and mods.

If you lost your product code email Origin or EA for help......

If your game is pirated then there is not much we can help you with apart from telling you to purchase the game legally from somewhere